Your viewing journal

Episode 28 of Death Note - More of the same really, the series has slipped recently and I'm just watching it now because I've already watched the previous 27 episodes. It's entertaining still, but not as fun as it was with Light vs L.

Finished watching Bincho-tan, glad it was only 12 episodes that were 10 mins long, because nothing really happened and I'd have hated to have wasted anymore time on it.

Watched the first 4 episodes of Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha, this has had a few spinoffs recently, I can kinda see why. The only thing that perplexes me a little is that she says right at the beginning that she's at elementary school, yet when she transforms the animators insist on removing all her clothes and showing her naked body very clearly, not really my thing but that's the loli culture for you I guess.

watched 6-10 of eureka seven, really likin the series at the moment. Also going to watch Claymore 04 later on and then hopefully 204-205 of one piece.

[quote="McIcy] I am loving Heroic Age, something about is is jst entertaining, especially the saviour of mankind being comstantly referred to as a monkey.[/quote]
Come now, when has the 'Saviour' ever been some one you'd expect to be the saviour. Ayato was a pasifict painter, Akito was a cowardly cook, Shinji was a whiney brat and i'm not going to even mention Linn Minmay, other than to say i won't menton her.
The only thing that perplexes me a little is that she says right at the beginning that she's at elementary school, yet when she transforms the animators insist on removing all her clothes and showing her naked body very clearly, not really my thing but that's the loli culture for you I guess.
Apparently they have something to do with purity of body and spirit to transform into whatever, but agree it probably has more to do with lolicon these days
Area 88 Finished, and it was good, but begging for a sequel. Only thing that really confused and irritated me was that that on the second DVD there was a character Bio for Shin which said he got back to Japan, slugged Kanzaki a few times then they dueled in plains, Shin beating/ disgracing him, the getting hitched to the bird. Only it hasn't happened, yet.
Natruto Shippend... whatever 11, meh nought really happened.
Reideen 7... ditto, but set up for an intresting next episode
Sisters of Wellber 1 nice to see one of these two girls on the run shows (they seem to be a dime a dozen this season) where bothgirls are pretty much sane and capable of defending themselves. Just wondering which twist is going to happen first.
Night Head Genesis 12... still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Capo 25 - Penultimate episode and i'm shocked with the way it's turned out. You know for the first half Da Capo was your usual romance/comedy anime and it was a reasonable watch. But now it's a full blown out drama and with one episode to go i'm not entireley sure what's going to happen. Nothing really happened in regards to the story drawing to a close, if this was episode number 20 you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference and i have a feeling they may rush the last episode as there is quite a bit to cover and the latest development doesn't really take a move into the wrapping things up stage you usually see. But right now i'm not sure what i like, i loved the comedy as some of the characters really did shine. But now the cast is much shorter and the drama has been kicked up a gear and it's still a good show. I'm just stuck wondering what side i like more as these episodes are entirely different from the first set.

Shuffle! 12 - Seems like we have moved on from the filler episodes and theres a good chunk of story development to be had in this episode. I was just shocked that it was Primula as she's one of my favourite characters. Hopefully the story starts to pick up pace and we learn more about the demon worlds and all that jazz, i'm prepared for some more dramatic episodes to come which is good in a way. I just hope they keep some of the laughs.

After two dramatic episodes of anime i'm off to watch some Tank Police, because i need some big guns and a whole lotta bad assery to pick up my spirits.

Naruto Shippuuden 7-10: It's shaping up to be pretty interesting and it's definately got me hooked. I want to see more of Sakura and Naruto's improved fighting skills but I suppose we'll see all of that soon enough. Seeing Neji was awesome because he's my favourite character - I can't wait to see him and Rock Lee fighting again! /dork

Watched the first 3 episodes of Toward the Terra, it seems ok, a little angsty and a bit odd, but enjoyable enough.

First 2 episodes of Kaze no Stigma, this one seems pretty good as well. Sorta like Avatar with different elemental clans, only more adult orientated.

And episode 11 of Naruto Shippuuden, still not much happening but I can't stop watching it. :(

Da Capo 26 - To say i'm happy with the way Da Capo turned out is an understatement, What a great ending that was suited it well. To see Sakura nearly break down and everything go wrong was a really downer but still they pulled it out the bag with a fantastic ending. I guess they dropped some hints to the second season as i noticed somethings before. While the animation quality was sketchy and underwhelming it was acceptable, they could have really done something different if they stuck with the format seen in the original ending sequence. The story was enjoyable and for the first half easy to follow and funny while kicking it up a gear with the drama. Things really pick up after the 'recap' episode. The soundtrack is also a winner, i'm going to wait a while and then check out the second series and see if its any good. But this would really go down well with a license, i don't know why it's not been picked up.

Shuffle! 13 - The story is moving along at a reasonable rate now and emotions are running high, this episode was more focused on developing the relationships rather than jumping ahead with the story. The next episode looks to reveal alot more and im interested to see what's going on with Sia's mirror image. Animation is fantasticly done but the fanservice is getting a bit irritating, but for the few seconds it appears i guess i can ignore it for now. Past the halfway mark and i would say the filler:story ratio is half and half, i really hope they use this format seen in tonights episode as alot was covered and the time flew by.

I do the weekly JUMP shows just naturally

Tuesday/Wednesday - Death Note
Wednesday/Thursday - Bleach
Thursday/Friday - Naruto (Shippuden)

But scattered throughout the week i watch more or less any anime i can get my hands on; But mostly if the premise appeals to me and it has a least a few good reviews.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Bokurano, I highly suggest you all check out this new anime, because it looks like it will be very good.

Basic premise is, 15 kids find an underground grotto, and in there are a load of computers, and a man called Kokopelli. He's a Programmer and he invites them to play his game, in which they control a giant robot and fight off 15 other giant robots who invade Earth at different times.

In each episode, the story focuses on one kid, who will pilot the robot in the episode, they then beat the enemy robot and lose their life in the process, because that's the robot runs of life force, and so to win the battle they must lose their lives.

In the aspect of building up a story then killing the character, it's a little like Battle Royale (book and manga, not the film), and I really enjoyed what I've seen so far. So yeah, check this one out.

A lot of us are already watching it. Namely: Me, Paul and Necromancer. It's good ****. Though the manga is pretty good too.

Claymore 4 thus far, I'll catch up on the rest of the series later. FFS. "No Clare, please don't die!" the generic run of the mill episode, tears, main character lives etc. and I thought Claymore was shaping up well.

finished 206-210 of one piece, also got seirei no moribito 3, the first episode of bokurano and 4 of heroic age planned for tonight.

Shuffle! 14 - Didn't have much time tonight so only managed to squeeze in some shuffle. Quite a good episode, alot is revealed about Nerine and Asa's past with some of Sia (her bad side is coming out) so the filler was low in this episode with lots of juicy story. Hopefully Primula gets better, although it's part of the story she's still my favourite and it sucks not having her in the episodes. One thing i don't like are the new episode titles and the break sequences, I know they have changed to show the transition through the story (from start up filler to story) but the old ones were much better.

Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 1 - Awful anime. About a kid so bad at baseball that he's good...ugh, the drawing is bad, the main character freaks out everytime someone touches him, this is rubbish.

Seto no Hanayome Episodes 1 & 2 - Really liked this. Episode 1 wasn't too funny, but episode 2 made me laugh a fair few times, like when they're at the fair and he keeps getting tiny portions of food, and when asked if he has a problem the way he shrinks back and says 'Nope!' just made me laugh. <.<

Sisters of Wellber Episode 1 - I thought this was pretty awesome until the talking tank showed up, then I was wondering if I was still watching the same thing. The tank didn't seem to fit in at all, but hey...it's original I guess, I'll follow this one.

Lucky Star Episodes 1-3 - I shouldn't need to describe this, but I'll just say that I actually quite like this anime.

sola Episodes 1-3 - Not too sure about this yet, hardly anything's happened, looks like it could have some action in it, but they're a little slow.

Been watching Those Who Hunt Elves as I needed cheering up, god I love this series, especially the ep, Those Who Wipe - my girlfriend was even watching and laughing at it

Back