Your viewing journal

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! episode 1 Hanging out.

Monogatari Series: OFF & Monster Season ONA 2 Slug.

My Hero Academia 7th Season episode 148 Recording.

My Wife Has No Emotion episode 3 Memory drive.

Plus-Sized Elf episode 2 Flowers.

SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary episode 2 Like the first time.

The Elusive Samurai episode 2 Situational adapting.

The Fable episode 15 Survival skills.

Strike the Blood II OVA 8 (Complete. A shorter offering covering two arcs which were okay watches overall.) 3/5

Strike the Blood III
OVAs 1-10 (Complete. In line with the previous run quality-wise.) 3/5

Strike the Blood IV
OVAs 1-10

Last edited:
A Nobody's Way Up to an Exploration Hero Episode 3

ATRI -My Dear Moments- Episode 1

Dahlia in Bloom: Crafting a Fresh Start with Magical Tools Episode 2

My Hero Academia Season 7 Episode 10

Plus-Sized Elf (Uncensored) Episode 2

Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World? Episode 1

I have finished

7th Time Loop
It started strong but I found my interest dropping apart from a couple of peaks.
Likely not bothered about a 2nd season.

I was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince
Super duper all the way. Very funny with enough action spread throughout.
The Familiar, Sylpha the maid and Shiro was a giant fluffy ball of cuddly fluff.

Attachments

• mqdefault.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
Bye Bye, Earth ep1: A pleasant surprise (I never get my hopes up too high with fantasy shows any more). A lone human girl is raised as a monster hunter/swordswoman by a mysterious teacher after ending up in a land full of very diverse beastfolk, most of whom instantly despise her for looking so unusual. The first episode introduces us to her fighting skills, her magical sword and her relationship to her master - right before she sets out into the world to find her own place in it. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary from what is almost certain to end up as an average fantasy romp but so far, so good, and I like the varied beastfolk designs.

Dungeon People ep1: An adventurer delves into her local dungeon to find her missing father (this is a popular plot formula lately) and discovers that the dungeon is actually run by an uncanny mage and her team of staff, a little like a tourist attraction. One thing leads to another, as often happens, and the adventurer ends up working 'behind the scenes' in the dungeon herself. It's a simple comedy which relies on the slow-witted lead passively glowering her way through the silly reveals. What drove me bananas throughout this episode was that she never once bothered asking the all-knowing dungeon manager what actually happened to her dad! At one point she made a weak excuse for it but the whole premise seems to rely on a lack of intellectual curiosity from the lead and the audience alike; it even shows things happening, redundantly explains them narratively and then has the lead monologue an additional explanation too, wasting the time of anyone who is actually trying to pay attention from the beginning (perhaps it was a mistake to watch this right after catching up on Yatagarasu). Nowhere near as funny as the deer show - or a certain other recent dungeon-based comedy hit.

2.5 Dimensional Seduction ep1: It's a spiritual remake of My Dress-Up Darling with absolutely none of the charm. An arrogant, gatekeeping, misogynistic jerk of anime fan is angry when a younger student asks to join his manga club at school (he's the only member) but he quickly swallows his disgust for women when he discovers that she's a horny superfan of the exact same bishoujo character as him, as well as a bit of an exhibitionist. She's brought a bunch of sexy cosplay image collections (and actual sexy costumes) along with her on the off-chance that she would be able to find someone to take photographs of her dressed up as the character he adores, so of course the raging misogynist that she's befriended ends up helping her out. There's not much potential for growth as she's already able to create perfect costumes on her own so the entertainment comes from all of the accidental ways that the lead can awkwardly grope the girl or protect her from flashing the entire school corridor while changing. He's every bad stereotype about otaku personified while she's the perfect girl. It's a pure wish fulfilment fantasy... yet there's nobody whose wishes I'd like to see fulfilled less than this awful main character!

Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World? ep1: Our generic protagonist is a soldier on the side of the humans after they triumphed over a bunch of armies made up of other fantasy races, and the first half of the episode establishes his day-to-day life on that basis. Suddenly, however, he's flung into an alternate version of his world where history played out different and nobody knows who he is, which has potential as formulas go. Confusingly this series has excellent visual presentation yet no self-awareness on the part of the writing, which is the usual mix of lengthy monologues and characters stiltedly telling one another how their own world works in place of actual exposition. It actively bored me, which is a feat when the material is all about rampaging demons hurling magic and legendary warriors and gunblades. The idea of not being remembered has a lot of potential for angst but it doesn't feel as though that's really going to be explored, and he's already reencountered all of the people that he actually knew in the first half of the episode. At least there weren't any pop-up RPG menus, though something about the awkward drama has the feel of a 90s game.

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! ep1: A surprisingly funny love letter to the romance/bishoujo genre, where the loner main character (presumably) befriends and collects the 'losers' from other people's love triangles, patiently dealing with the fallout of their shattered dreams. It's one of several off-kilter romance shows this season and the first to win me over with its silliness. So far, we've only met one of the female leads properly, though several other side characters have been introduced in passing. The male lead is less annoying than most of the genre's self-inserts (he has a personality!) and even the internal monologues are kept brief and lively; this one earns a second episode.

R

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest episode 2 Forceful fish.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 15 Intruder.

My Deer Friend Nokotan episode 2 Sister saving.

Narenare -Cheer for You!- episode 2 Mind and body.

One Piece episode 1112 Sea of Red.

Tower of God Season 2 episode 2 Shred of pride.

Strike the Blood IV OVAs 11-12, Strike the Blood Final OVAs 1-4 (Complete. A stronger season than the preceding two, though the finale itself wasn’t anything too special.) 3.5/5, 3/5

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale
episodes 1-10

Heaven's Lost Property Forte (season 2): There was a story in there, buried under all the stupid. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but at least the action was a change from the rest of the episodes. Also, how is it possible that a boy as stupid and perverted as Tomoke can get all the girls to fall in love with him by just spending 30 seconds a day talking to them like they are not just walking boob carriers?

I probably shouldn't have watched this immediately after abandoning High School DxD.
I would peek.

Mayonaka Punch episode 2 Erase.

Shy 2nd Season episode 15 Duty.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 16 Point of no return.

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible episode 3 Advice.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale episodes 11-12, Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Part 2 episodes 13-22

I finally started in on watching some of the Summer 2024 anime series:

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible Episodes 1-2

The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies Episode 1

No Longer Allowed in Another World Episode 1

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord's Army Was a Human Episodes 1-2

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Season 2 Episode 1

Bye Bye, Earth Episode 1

Quality Assurance in Another World Episodes 1-2

My Wife Has No Emotion Episodes 1-2

Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World? Episode 1

Last edited:
Flying Phantom Ship

This is a film I've seen several times and enjoy a lot and I was very happy that Discotek licensed it, Flying Phantom Ship is an incredibly ambitious film both creatively and visually and an interesting time capsule of how Toei were pushing animation in the 60s. The HD transfer is great and shows off Toei's lovely animation. Definitely a recommendation.

Space Emperor God Sigma - Episodes 5 - 15

After a bit of a slow start God Sigma is now getting quite good.

I’m looking forward to going back and watching those subs. On the day I watched it, I was feeling more in the mood for manga 90s dub with all the stupid swearing. Great series dubbed even if the OG sub has its issues.

I had only seen the sweary UK Angel Cop dub before as it was on VHS so it was good to see it in it's original format with the correct context.

STRAIN: Strategic Armored Infantry episodes 5-13 (Complete. A mediocre watch that unfortunately didn’t improve.) 2/5

I thought this was OK and that it had some decent action but some of the humour was a bit out of place at times.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Movie (English dubbed) - A lovely end to a delightful series, this is far better than it's gimmicky premise might suggest and def one of the best harem rom-coms as well, might check out the bonus episodes too :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 4 Episodes 6-8 (REWATCH) - With Friend B, the Thanksgiving episode isn't actually as bad as I remember, also Parker is a total dick, Riley's pretty endearing for now, Xander is a total snack and I'll never get tired of seeing Giles being adorkable in that sombrero, gonna miss Oz and feeling sad for Willow and Buffy rn too, we've gotten to the start of Spike's redemption arc with the microchipping thing and I'm here for it and I laughed so hard when he was tied to the chair and got arrowed XP

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 3-6 (REWATCH) - With Friend C, just watched the first Halloween ep of the series, where we start finding out more about Giles' past and meet recurring minor villain Ethan Rayne :)

Cardcaptor Sakura Episodes 10-18 (REWATCH, English subbed) - So sweet and wholesome and I enjoyed finding out more about Sakura's mother, I'm really enjoying Megumi Ogata (seiyuu of Shinji Ikari) as Yukito as well :)

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Episode 25 (English dubbed) - Still enjoying this, will prob get on with finishing it when I've watched the rest of the Fate/ stuff I have :)

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Episodes 13-14 (English dubbed) - This can be grim but I love it's fascinating themes and complex characters, it's a bit like Durarara that way though obviously rather different in a number of aspects too, I am looking forward to seeing the Heaven's Feel films after I finish this series as well :)

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Episode 1 (REWATCH, English dubbed) - With Friend A, they enjoyed it and we'll be watching more (I don't think I'll be seeing Person E again anyway lol), I can't wait to rewatch more of this and get into the fun philosophy and outlook of the show and Tylor who is one of the best male MCs from any anime of that era IMO :)

Noting here also that Friend A wasn't that into Toilet Bound Hanako-kun, but I will probably continue rewatching it on my own at some point in the nearish future :)

Back