Your viewing journal

Dungeon People episode 3 Monster ally.

Quality Assurance in Another World episode 3 Passing danger.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 63 Formal audience.

Sunny Ryoko episodes 15-41

2.5 Dimensional Seduction Episode 3

Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells Episode 3

I Will Parry Everything Episode 3

Pseudo Harem Episode 3

Senpai is an Otokonoko Episode 3

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 63

The Café Terrace and It's Goddesses Season 2 Episode 15

@Rui always good to read your new season overviews for shows, but what will you be sticking with this season?

My fairly certain list of watches:
  • Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
  • Bye Bye, Earth
  • Days With My Stepsister
  • The Elusive Samurai
  • Failure Frame
  • Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
  • SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary
  • Suicide Squad Isekai
  • Wistoria: Wand and Sword
I will be continuing with Oshi No Ko S2 as well as checking out the new Monogatari, being a big fan of the main line series.

I Parry Everything ep1: Noor is a weak orphan who hasn't made it as an adventurer because he can only learn the most basic techniques - and of them, the one he loves the most is parrying, which is kind of useless on its own. So he doggedly continues to train in it anyway, forgoing making friends, falling in love or living his life in favour of endlessly swinging a stick at other sticks for years, until he's buff, amazing at parrying - and still functionally unemployable. The animation quality is pretty good but the writing is weird; it starts off well, establishing Noor's lifestyle and walking us through his entire backstory in a way that would pass muster as classic fantasy, but at some point it freaks out and changes tone entirely, introducing strict adventuring guild rules, secret adventurer ranks that 'nobody would ever sign up for, of course' and clunky videogame-style skill acquisition. Why?! In any case, some of the jokes are ok and the dialogue mostly (but not entirely) avoids falling into the usual traps, but it's very much a series of two halves where the creator plainly had some good ideas and then filled all of the rest in with nonsense. It's a show I'd recommend to my friend who happily laps up all of these gimmicky series, because in that context it's above average, but it's not something I can bring myself to watch.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin ep1: An extremely bratty, pint-sized goddess is sent off to do penance with a bunch of humans after screwing up and causing a ruckus in the divine world where she lives. I've never played the original game but the plot wasn't complicated so this adaptation will hopefully help the series to find a broader audience. While the CG is kind of distracting, the designs are lovely and the game's eye-catching art style is fully preserved. So far, so good. My partner is going to keep watching it.

@Rui always good to read your new season overviews for shows, but what will you be sticking with this season?

My fairly certain list of watches:
  • Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
  • Bye Bye, Earth
  • Days With My Stepsister
  • The Elusive Samurai
  • Failure Frame
  • Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
  • SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary
  • Suicide Squad Isekai
  • Wistoria: Wand and Sword
I will be continuing with Oshi No Ko S2 as well as checking out the new Monogatari, being a big fan of the main line series.

Thank you! Oshi No Ko is definitely my season highlight so far but these are the others which have survived the culling:

No Longer Allowed In Another World
The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies
Oshi No Ko s2
Twilight Out of Focus
Bye Bye, Earth
NieR:Automata Ver1.1a
Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
MONOGATARI: OFF & MONSTER Season
SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary
The Elusive Samurai

With these ones still ongoing too:

Spice and Wolf
My Hero Academia
Yatagarasu: Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai

I find it useful to know what everything's like as I recommend a lot of the stuff I end up hating to my friends, all of whom have completely different taste to me.

R

Detective Conan episode 1130 Cheat.

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! episode 2 Home-wreckers.

Monogatari Series: OFF & Monster Season ONA 3 Some kind of fate.

My Hero Academia 7th Season episode 149 A good hit.

My Wife Has No Emotion episode 4 Beach memories.

Plus-Sized Elf episode 3 Beer and a mermaid meeting.

SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary episode 3 No reply.

The Elusive Samurai episode 3 Retainers.

The Fable episode 16 Aggression.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episode 14 Another anomaly.

Sunny Ryoko episodes 42-48 & Sunny Ryoko! You Were There in a Dream (Film) (Complete. Another Mitsuru Adachi story adaptation that was pretty easygoing and fun though the film wasn’t especially enjoyable.) 3.5/5, 2.5/5

Suzuka
episodes 1-11

Last edited:
Thank you! Oshi No Ko is definitely my season highlight so far but these are the others which have survived the culling:

No Longer Allowed In Another World
The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies
Oshi No Ko s2
Twilight Out of Focus
Bye Bye, Earth
NieR:Automata Ver1.1a
Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
MONOGATARI: OFF & MONSTER Season
SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary
The Elusive Samurai

With these ones still ongoing too:

Spice and Wolf
My Hero Academia
Yatagarasu: Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai

I find it useful to know what everything's like as I recommend a lot of the stuff I end up hating to my friends, all of whom have completely different taste to me.

R

Thanks for the detailed reply :)

Some similarities in our lists, I'll come back for Nier once all the episodes are out. There may be some others I'll catch up with later in the season like No Longer Allowed In Another World but didn't want to have too many on at once.

I'm not usually having the energy to keep up with updating this thread with all my episode watches. But....

Failure Frame - episodes 2-3
This is definitely the edgy anime of the season. This is trash to be honest but sometimes they can make it presentable and the art can be good. Other times we get the most horrendous CGI of any anime I've seen in a while. In one scene a character is 2D, in the next it's 3D, it's bizarre!

I feel like understanding the reason for the random CGI vs 2D stuff would be it's own mini story, feels like maybe rushed production or not enough resources to fully animate everything?

I'll keep going as I'm interested in where the hell this CG/2D mess goes lol!

Days with my Stepsister - episodes 2-3
The directing in this is masterful, it's general animation quality is middling but the way the shots are framed and the writing and scenarios are handled are extremely good.

The general tone is very serious and I always appreciate that, the characters act in a realistic fashion given the scenarios they find themselves in.

I feel like the sister has a lot of issues in this that we don't really see surface easily, and I hope hero onee-chan can save the day and help her improve herself over the course of the series.

Last edited:
A Nobody's Way Up to an Exploration Hero Episode 4

ATRI -My Dear Moments- Episode 2

Dahlia in Bloom: Crafting a Fresh Start with Magical Tools Episode 3

My Hero Academia Season 7 Episode 11

Plus-Sized Elf (Uncensored) Episode 3

Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World Episode 2

Last edited:
Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest episode 3 Ashes to ashes.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 16 Echo.

My Deer Friend Nokotan episode 3 Caretaker.

Narenare -Cheer for You!- episode 3 Afraid.

Tower of God Season 2 episode 3 Ownership.

Suzuka episodes 12-26 (Complete. I found this a bit underwhelming overall as I didn’t care much for the central pairing but it was another series to tick off the backlog at least.) 2.5/5

Symphogear (Rewatch)
episodes 1-2

Back