Your viewing journal

Ryo Chan said:
pomtry said:
Just watched some episodes of the new ikki tousen dragon destiny. It is actualy better but the panty shots are a bit much.

wouldn't be ecchitousen without that though now would it

True but I saw it all in the 1st season gets a little boring now :p :lol:

Decided to watch some trigun today I need a good laugh :D

Chobits 13 - Another rather entertaining episode, next one looks pretty interesting too.

Da Capo 8 - So episode 8 was a "catch up" episode through the eyes of the cat. Not sure why it was possibly needed but it was entertaining. They had a nice explanation in a "side episode" of about 2 minutes explaining cherry blossom trees and in the ending they also gave you tips on how to draw the cat. Was pretty cool i must admit.

Haurhi 14 - First off, what a great ending to a great series. It was a great send off and this was one of my favourite episodes, most of the things that i wanted to see happen did and its so satisfying to see it. I wasn't sure what the think when i first started watching this, the random broadcast order and the first episode really threw me off gaurd. But over time it developed into one of my favourites. Thoroughly enjoyable, while mind boggling at times but everything is exaplained. I really do hope they have another season, i would really look forward to that.

Tenchi The Movie - Tenchi Muyo In Love - Well i decided to take the time today to watch this film and i am completley blown away. This film is simply amazing from start to finish. Think Back to the Future meets Tenchi Muyo, The storyline from BTTF and everything you like about Tenchi and this is what you get.

The animation in this surpasses what you see in the OAV's in so many ways, the background and scenery are on a level of detail that bewilders the mind. Once you sift through generic anime after anime and watch this the tiniest details stick out and it makes it so pleasing to watch. Some of the scenes use cut animation which let it down a little bit but i could only count 2 or 3 times this happened. There was a bit more blood and gore in this film than the OAV's. When you get to the fights you'll see that the ones in the OAV's feel somewhat more childlike compared to these.

Soundtrack and dub cast were all upto thier usual standards while the dub for Grandpa and Dad were changed which bugs me a bit, but they have around 1 minute of speech each so its not something that completley spoils the movie. But after watching the OAV's and Universe with the same characters it does take away some of the charm.

The only gripe i have with this is no lighthawk wings. It is simply not Tenchi without lighthawk wings. But still the story more than makes up for it.

If you are a fan of Tenchi and haven't seen this film go buy it now, i would recommend the MVM boxset thats coming out this month. The only problem is that this film has the set the bar so, so high that i can only hope the next two Tenchi films live upto it.

watched 3-5 of naruto, its ok, but a slow start i think. maybe it will get better as i go on. that and gonna watch 1-5 of Eureka 7 later tonight.

Nyu said:
Haurhi 14 - I really do hope they have another season, i would really look forward to that.

It's already well in the works.

As for me, watched episodes 17 and 18 of Blood+, as well as the double episode (06-07) of Naruto Shippuuden, and I watched all 13 episodes of Kanon (2002), as well as the special episode they had, which was a more fleshed out version of the last episode. I quite liked the series, but it felt very rushed and seemed to miss out parts of the story, I'm expecting the 2006 version to be much better.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Nyu said:
Haurhi 14 - I really do hope they have another season, i would really look forward to that.

there isn't any confirmation from KyoAni so i wouldn't expect it this year. I did hear about it though, so if it is due out, its next year not this year.

anyways watched eps 180 of one piece

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Nyu said:

As arbalest already said there is nothing in stone, i go by what the studios say not what i read on forums. Some fans tend to get a bit excited and exagerate.

I was quite surprised to find that there were 9 light novels about Haruhi made by the creator and that this 14 episode series only covered this first and took a tiny bit of story from a few others. That leaves plenty of material for other series so i could atleast expect another 2 series to come of this.

Kino's Journey 8-10. It's a shame there are only three more episodes to go because I'm really enjoying it! A series that's so thought-provoking as well as having great artwork is a rare thing.

Chobits 14 - Well, didn't things just become a little bit more interesting? I like where this story was going and you could tell what was happening from the earlier parts of the episode but it's a nice twist i'll give it that. Hopefully it becomes better than what i've seen over the last 14 episodes because frankly its been 20% interesting 80% generic, yawn, boring.

Da Capo 9 - Quite a funny episode, Utamaru is definitely my favourite character. I loved the part where he was asked to be Nemu's bodygaurd, it was pretty funny. Reminds me alot of Ryo-Ohki. Not alots happened story wise slightly worried about that. One thing i have noticed though are the "side episodes" about 5 minutes worth of side story slotted in to each episode. It's a nice little addition but i'm not sure if it really is needed. I was confused to see the different ending to the side episode and then have the preview and normal ending right after it.

Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari 1 - So instead of starting Kanon 2006 tonight i decided to watch this small 4 episode series. It's your usual drama/romance/comedy in the sense of the characters all look generic and the animation quality is sub par. However the story is interesting enough and the characters, while drawn mediocerly, have personalities that are better. It has its fair share of laughs and there is some drama too it, keep those hankies in the box though you wont be crying. One of the better points is the musical score, there is a range of songs and they are pleasing to the ear. Not something i was expecting. On the whole i'm looking forward to the next episode to see how the story goes, pretty good for a little known anime.

Martin said:
Kino's Journey 8-10. It's a shame there are only three more episodes to go because I'm really enjoying it! A series that's so thought-provoking as well as having great artwork is a rare thing.
Never really though much of it, but you'll be glad to hear there is a sequel underway.
Reideen - difficult to really say what i feel about it. It's beautiful, l like the characters, but the mecha battles are ssssllllooooww, and while a 5 story mecha speed of a hummingbird on 6 pints of Irn Bru, or the grace of ballet dancer is a little unrealistic it is a little dull moving that slow (especially after things like the fluid and fast battles of Code Geass).
Caught the next episodes of that Naruto Shippend (or whatever) thing... fun but meh. Still don't really care about the characters
Soukou No Strain when i first saw this in Newtype decided to give it a wide birth as it a) had all the hallmarking of a Harem anime (cast was 90% XX chromosomes) , b) seemed to be extremely cutetisfied c)there seemed to be not many characters who had been visited by the puberty fairy. Watched the first episode (mainly because Code Geass and Pumpkin Scissors had finished i needed something else to watch) and 3/4 of the way through man was i proved wrong. 4 episodes in and we have about half a dozen named kills (plus many, many more cannon fodder deaths) there is bullying, betrayal and all the good things in life. They still haven't explained why a 10yr old can make a mecha and overrule a ship's captain yet, but something for later episodes.

Finally finished off Last Exile with Vol.7 - definitely been a solid series that takes you on a good journey - think as a result I had built up my expectation for the climax - not exactly disappointed with the ending, but perhaps felt a little "...Oh...So...it's ended then..."
But tbh, not entirely sure I fully understood the full meaning/implications/reasons etc – watching the series through again could well be worthwhile...

RahXephon Vol.6 – coming to a climax…I still need answers…I need the truth!!

Nyu said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:
Nyu said:

As arbalest already said there is nothing in stone, i go by what the studios say not what i read on forums. Some fans tend to get a bit excited and exagerate.

I was quite surprised to find that there were 9 light novels about Haruhi made by the creator and that this 14 episode series only covered this first and took a tiny bit of story from a few others. That leaves plenty of material for other series so i could atleast expect another 2 series to come of this.

I thought I'd heard there was. Regardless it's huge in Japan and here, and with the light novels they'd be mad not to cash in.

And as for me, I've now watched up to Episode 30 of Blood+. This series is getting pretty scientific, the subbers must have hated certain episodes, talking about molecules and genetic mutations and such. And with such long speeches it makes it a little hard to follow, but this is a great series. Just 20 more episodes left.

Just watched the first episode of Claymore, I was contemplating on buying the manga when Viz first released it, it sounded good... but I had my doubts. I regret buying it, apart from the normal clichés an anime/manga would start off with it's quite good and I really loved the OST tracks that were played...

Back