Your viewing journal

Chobits 16 - I think all my previous worries about the story being slow and crap and being eased, while the story moves along at a snails pace it is becoming alot more interesting to watch and i'm begining to like the characters alot more than ten episodes ago.

Da Capo 11 - D.C is great if you take it for what it is, simple characters, simple story and a great way to waste time. Some good lines and the usual rift between the characters. Animation quality is amazing but i can deal with it.

Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari(Beach Adventure) 3 - One more episode to go and alot has happened in episode 3. This is what i like, a good solid story with some characters that cut through the filler of bigger series and just get on with it. Won't win any awards for originality and it lacks that polished finish which would move the series up a little bit but its fun none the less. The soundtrack is one of the main focuses of this series and the soothing songs really do add charm to this series. Now to see how they wrap it up but it all looks good so far.

Paul said:
El Cazador de la Bruja was a fairly straight forward girls with guns anime featuring the overpowering music of Yuki Kajiura. It's a lot like a Sergio Leone spaghetti western, though like the rest of Kōichi Mashimo's work (Noir, Madlax) the super-powered protagonists can apparently dodge bullets without much effort at all. I'll probably need to see a few more episodes to decide whether or not the style offers much substance, right now it's very "meh...".
Saw it as well, but wasn't quite so under awed as you, though that is probably due to the fact haven't seen as many of the predecessors (Noir/ Madlax). Claymore looks interesting, but isn't giving much way. very standard 1st episode.

Moonlight Mile- does a really good job of completely giving away the first major plot twist IN THE OPENING CREDITS. The first episode makes it look like ... well a prequel to Planetes (in the fact that it is very real, scientifically accurate sci fi), but the credits show a first space war scenario

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking advantage of the Easter break, I checked out "Hataraki Man" on a whim last night and really enjoyed it! It's a 2006 anime about a Japanese "working woman" who apparently devotes her whole life to the pursuit of the latest scoop; she spends all nighters in the office and often laments her lack of sex life. I'm really disappointed in myself for waiting this long to see "Hataraki Man", it an awesome show with a fun sense of humor and an interesting perspective on the "new generation".

Paul said:
Taking advantage of the Easter break, I checked out "Hataraki Man" on a whim last night and really enjoyed it! It's a 2006 anime about a Japanese "working woman" who apparently devotes her whole life to the pursuit of the latest scoop; she spends all nighters in the office and often laments her lack of sex life. I'm really disappointed in myself for waiting this long to see "Hataraki Man", it an awesome show with a fun sense of humor and an interesting perspective on the "new generation".

Sounds good, only 11 episodes too. Now i have another one to watch, i don't think theres enough hours in the day. I like the look of the animation in this one, think its a bit different from what i've been watching latley.

Paul said:

I enjoyed Hataraki Man except for the last ep, mainly cause it uses alot of stuff from ep 10 again, seemed lazy to me.

Today I watched Darker than BLACK ep 1, Seirei no Moribito ep 1 (didn't know Production I.G. was doing more than just Reideen this season) and got 5 eps of Gundam Seed left for tonight.

Finished Gundam Seed and just watched Gintama ep 25, my now favourite ep (each new ep usually becomes my new fave :lol: ) the battle for food was so intense and alot like an ep of Death Note...and then Ryuuk turned up :lol:

Just got finished watching...

Bokurano - 1... I think most people know what I'm expecting with this, and the first episode totally fulfilled my expectations. Just wish I had a bunch more episodes to binge on; the animation seemed good enough and I was pleasantly surprised by the soundtrack. I loved the OP, just fingers crossed GONZO don't let the animation budget slip to Speed Grapher levels.

Claymore - 2... More moody, atmospheric horror action. Madhouse are doing a bang up job with the animation and colouring, and I'm enjoying the swift, sharp and bloody style of combat. I admire that the characterization is particularly subtle, poignant and subdued. Thankfully there is no random "comic relief" to lighten the tone.

Nyu said:
Arbalest said:
Just watched eps 5-6(kyon's order) of Haruhi Suzumiya, and just about to watch Claymore 1

Blah the broadcast order is so much better, it isn't just a gimmick, really.

Kyon's order is the broadcast order.

Just watched the first few eps of the original Raideen, so cheesy and kinda dumb but alot of run, it's interesting to see where RahXephon and the Reideen got their ideas from

Sola episode 1 - CLICHÉ to the maximum, but it's still watchable regardless.
Claymore episode 2 - Some emotional scenes here and a further understanding of the Claymore and Clare as a peron, the human cries for the monster.
Bokurano episode 1 - I'm really pleased with this now I've watched it thoroughly, great seiyuu cast, and it has great potential to get better on the more emotional scenes!

Gonna watch Darker than Black later, can't be bothered right now. -_-

Back