Your viewing journal

Hybridchild said:
Nyu said:
Arbalest said:
Just watched eps 5-6(kyon's order) of Haruhi Suzumiya, and just about to watch Claymore 1

Blah the broadcast order is so much better, it isn't just a gimmick, really.

Kyon's order is the broadcast order.

Just watched the first few eps of the original Raideen, so cheesy and kinda dumb but alot of run, it's interesting to see where RahXephon and the Reideen got their ideas from

My bad, i was looking at Kyon's order for the special edition box set.

http://asosbrigade.com/oplet01/

Lets see,

Darker Than Black 1 - ooh new Bones production, and it is sweet. Nice pacing even in one episode good mix of action and everyday stuff. Only wish i knew the what the hell was going on, but that'll be in the next few episodes i guess, problem of so being used to watching anime 4 episodes at a time. Used to quicker explainations.
Nagasarete Airantou 1- Yeah it's a harem anime, one of my least favourite genres so why the smeg am i watching it?... well been reading the manga for a bit and it has a number of things i like the major one being an almost complete lack of Tsundere characters, which i REALLY HATE , also there is a little tenderness between the two leads, which is something missing in most harem anime.
Riedeen 5 begining to wonder who the lead in this show is as Saiga (the mech pilot) seems to be getting less screen time than his boss (can't remeber his name) Still kind meh'ed by this show, sticking with it for some reason though.
Innocent Venus to about 11- getting a little predictable, while not bad per se has lots a lot of the potenial it showed at the start.
Tenpo Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi 21-23 while continuing solidly is going down the dark path a bit, lots of showing the world for what it is, short, cruel and manifestly unfair. Unsure how they are going to end it all though. Given how the rest of the series is doubt it will end on a downer though.
Samuri Champaloo vol 5- while it's fun watching how they squeeze in modern culture references, it is kinda ... slow. how much wacky crap can happen to these people. Some exposition that i didn't work out in the first disc would be nice.
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World vol 1 - Now is that a show that gives totally the wrong impression in the 1st episode. Episode one has monster mashing, cute girl with nasty side and motor bikes... all of which do not apppear in the rest of the DVD. Like Jennifer though, Boozing scientists, takes me back to uni in a heartbeat (especially ones that **** stir others relationships).

Nyu said:
Hybridchild said:
Nyu said:
Arbalest said:
Just watched eps 5-6(kyon's order) of Haruhi Suzumiya, and just about to watch Claymore 1

Blah the broadcast order is so much better, it isn't just a gimmick, really.

Kyon's order is the broadcast order.

Just watched the first few eps of the original Raideen, so cheesy and kinda dumb but alot of run, it's interesting to see where RahXephon and the Reideen got their ideas from

My bad, i was looking at Kyon's order for the special edition box set.

http://asosbrigade.com/oplet01/

i'm watching it first in kyon's order, then in haruhi's order(the proper order from the light novels). i will probably prefer the latter.

anyways, planning to watch claymore 2 later on as well as 3-4 of Haibane Renmei

back on night shift so so far tonight I have watched
Bleach 120 - 121 its good to see the captain and vice captains get to go all out, too bad about poor old Ichigo I was so hoping his dad was gonna step in.

Busou Renkin 25 - 26 another series completed I shall miss it.

Claymore 1 - 2 a new series and I am not too sure about it

Heroic Age 1 - Loving this one and will be an avid fan

Fairy Musketeer Akazukin 38 - 39 Another series over and done with

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagaan 1 - big headed robots um not too sure about this one either

I've been so busy this week doing god knows what, first of me getting round to catching up with a few shows.

Chobits 17 - One of the better episodes i've seen, was entertaining and the story is getting very interesting now. I think for the first time in watching this series i've felt somewhat interested in whats coming next, the revelations in tonights episode were really good.

Da Capo 12 - Again it must be something tonight but this episode was really funny and was great to watch. I haven't laughed so much at one episode in a while, the lines and jokes were simple yet funny and its just something thats very easy to watch. The side episode was also above par compared to the others i've seen.

Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari(Beach Adventure) 4 - I really liked this show , while rough around the edges it does contain a good chunk of story. Nothing new at all, after all it is another romance anime but what it lacks in animation and innovation it makes up for in charm and characters. The soundtrack is very relaxing and is a pleasure to hear. The ending, while predictable, did have some twists and there were some subtle touches that i noticed that add depth to the whole series. While it not may be a big blockbuster with top of the range animation i would reocommend it to people. After all its only 4 episodes long and they do cover alot of story, there is no filler here and thats one of the things i like about it. overall i would give it a 3.5/5

El Cazador de la Bruja 1 - what is it about female gun slingers never killing, only shooting the oponents to wound, that really annoys me. Although I am liking this series so I will be continuing to watch it

Back on night shift so I am steadily making my way through anime:

Naruto Shippuuden 6 - 9
Deltora Quest 6 - 7
Ah My Goddess Sorezore no Tsubasa 23 - 24
Negima 15
D.Gray-Man 27
El Cazador de la Bruja 2

I will never understand you guys who follow loads of shows and just watch the new eps as they become available, don't you forget/get the shows mixed up? I can only follow one (completed) show at a time

RichB06 said:
I will never understand you guys who follow loads of shows and just watch the new eps as they become available, don't you forget/get the shows mixed up? I can only follow one (completed) show at a time

I agree, it does get overwhelming watching so many different shows on the go, always find it better to follow one full series at a time. But i guess its all down to personal preference.

Anyways just got through watching Excel Saga vol.1 (eps 1 to 5) onto vol.2 tonight :)

Chobits 18 - You know when i started watching Chobits i didn't think i'd be as into it now as i am, i really like this show but why? i cant put my finger on it but none the less the story is getting good and i cant wait to see what happens next.

Da Capo 13 - The usual laughs were had in this episode. However the stealer of the show had to be the side episode, Watching Miyu use the internet was very funny and enjoyable. Poor production values aside this is a really good show.

Shuffle! 1 - First impressions, Well i'm impressed actually. The whole heaven/hell thing really usually isnt something i'd get into but the characters more than make up for it. I think i like it alot because it shares alot of traits with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, such as the on going naration of the main character. Also the fact that Tomokazu Sugita is the lead again (he played Kyon in Haruhi) is also a bonus and it all just works. I just hope this series can hold this standard for the rest of the show.

RichB06 said:

It's not hard. I like having a bit of variety when i watch stuff, if i just have a marathon session on an anime i tend to get bored unless its really good. Plus it allows me to compare and contrast between different shows. However i don't watch shows that are just coming out on fansubs, i'll wait until its all done.

For a TV series, Seirei no Moribito has amazing animation - but coming from Production IG and the director of Stand Alone Complex, that's not very surprising. There's no doubt about it, this is the best looking anime of the new season and if the story lives up to its potential, this could possibly be the best anime of the season. The lead character is a lot like Motoko from GitS, but since this is set in feudal Japan, she isn't cyborg - not that this effects her ability to kick ass with a spear!

Romeo X Juliet reminds me of Samurai 7, except a lot better. This is clearly GONZO's big budget effort of the season (wish they'd spent this much on Bokurano); the scope and depth of neo-Verona is excellent, a "floating city" filled with interesting details. It's a very loose adaptation of Shakespeare's most famous play, but that hardly matters when the story and characterisation gives off such an air of confidence.

There is no doubt about it, this new Spring season of anime has been excellent. So far I'm following Heroic Age, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Claymore, Bokurano, Darker than BLACK, Seirei no Moribito and Romeo X Juliet - and I still have two or three more on my list to check out. All have ranged from good to great first episodes, with some great animation to boot. After the relative disappointments of the Autumn and Winter seasons, Spring 2007 has completely refreshed my opinion of the state of anime.

Maria-sama ga Miteru - Spring - 07-13
Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd - 01&02
Shining Tears X Wind - 01
Noodle Fighter Miki - 05
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight - 09

Chobits 19 - Quite interesting tonight, didn't see that peice of history coming into it but i'm happy it was there. They tried to tug on some heartstrings but i don't think Chobits is that kind of show, you just can't get attached to the characters enough to feel that way. Not aimed for that audience i can see. But it was good none the less, i can kind of see where the ending is going but it's getting good.

Da Capo 14 - Another light hearted episode with some good story and the old Nemu relationship, Utamuru was in tonights episode, one of the shows best characters by far even though he's a cat. Speaking of cat's i wish they would just get it over with in the side storeys about the guy in the suit. the last few episodes have been nothing but mere filler but still it's a good watch. I don't know how they aired it in Japan but the next episode is a recap, god knows what there is to actually recap on so i think i'll skip through that and watch the next episode.

Shuffle! 2 - Again as i said last time i am very impressed with this show and it has the right mix of comedy/drama/romance, much like Haruhi but obviously this came first. I really like the style of the show and the animation is very crisp. The opening is also very energetic while not being the best song i've ever heard it's above average for an opening. Obviously it's early days so i can't comment on the story but the concept seems promising.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - 16

Poor Shion. She seems to get all the bad luck. This arc seems to put another angle on the Shion/Mion being twins situation.

GreenTango said:
RichB06 said:

I agree, it does get overwhelming watching so many different shows on the go, always find it better to follow one full series at a time. But i guess its all down to personal preference.

Anyways just got through watching Excel Saga vol.1 (eps 1 to 5) onto vol.2 tonight :)

Nah I don't get overwhelmed, when I was at uni I lived with a guy who could only watch one anime at a time, but me I loved to watch loads of different series, the only time I get overwhelmed is when I leave a series for a while (like 3 or 4 weeks) and forgwt whats happening but then all I do is watch the previous ep. to remind me whats happening.

Its the same as watching normal tv really, we don't just watch one show we watch loads

Back