Your viewing journal

Hayate no Gotoku - 03

Again, it was mildly amusing. In some instances it tries too hard to be funny but it's funny enough to keep me watching. The pace seems quite slow. Three episodes in and nothing majorly significant has happened.

It's just something to tide me over while I'm waiting for episodes of Death Note and Lucky?Star.

Chobits 22 - I thought there were 26 episodes in Chobits, guess i was wrong and the story may be wrapped up sooner than i thought. tonight sees one of the sub storys wrapped up and that really only leaves us with the material around Chi to cover in the next 40-50 minutes i wonder how they will do it, thought i can guess they are going to try and cram alot in and i have a funny feeling the ending might leave a bitter taste in my mouth. If they rush the ending after all the filler crap in the first half of the series i'll be extremeley dissapointed. We shall see soon enough.

Da Capo 18 - Quite a good chunk of story covered in this episode and a new turn of events, while you could see it coming from a mile away it was good to see it happening. I'm now left wondering what they story will turn into with Nemu and Asakura but theres plenty time for it to develop. The side story again, waste of bloody time and the cat in the suit better turn out to be jesus himself because with all these side episodes we still no NOTHING more than we did at the very start. Except he is some feline stalker with a nack of buggering off before the side story is finished.

Shuffle! 5 - I don't think i'll ever tire of seeing a chair apear out of no where and smack someone to the ground, it's childish i know but damn it's funny. Fan's of Haruhi should really check this show out they are very similar and both very enjoyable. The cast in this is great, alot of varied characters and while i can't pick a favourite i must say they all work really well together. The animation is very good, with maybe one or two let downs but nothing that can really be said as bad. One thing i have noticed, are all female teachers really that hard ass half of them look like they would fit right in in the film Full Metal Jacket let alone Shuffle!

watched the first episode of Code Geass today, and for some reason the opening song reminded me of the eureka 7 opening song =/, still...looking forward to seeing more of code geass.

Arbalest said:
watched the first episode of Code Geass today, and for some reason the opening song reminded me of the eureka 7 opening song =/

Isn't that cause the 1st Eureka 7 OP is by the same band that did the 1st Code Geass OP?

Eureka 7 Opening Theme: #1: "Days" by FLOW (eps 1-13)
Code Geass Opening Theme: #1: "COLORS" by FLOW (eps 1-12)

Finished Gundam Seed Destiny last night and just watched Gundam Seed C.E. 73 Stargazer.

Edit: Just watched One Piece 304&305, finally get to see more Gear Third :D

Necromancer said:
Arbalest said:
watched the first episode of Code Geass today, and for some reason the opening song reminded me of the eureka 7 opening song =/

Isn't that cause the 1st Eureka 7 OP is by the same band that did the 1st Code Geass OP?

Eureka 7 Opening Theme: #1: "Days" by FLOW (eps 1-13)
Code Geass Opening Theme: #1: "COLORS" by FLOW (eps 1-12)

Finished Gundam Seed Destiny last night and just watched Gundam Seed C.E. 73 Stargazer.

Ahh that would explain it, thanks for clearing that up..erm anyways going to watch 201 of one piece soon, as well as some more haibane renmei

Chobits 23+24 - Welp that's another series down and it's a toughie. In the begining i didn't think much of the show, the story was slow and really nothing developed for a good chunk of episodes. However the last two thirds of the show were actually pretty good and i find myself liking Chobits alot more than i thought i would. The ending was pretty good however it did end pretty abrupt, and by that i mean the story really ended about 2 minutes before the credits rolled while many shows end earlier than that and develop the 'after story' a little bit.

On the whole the animation and score were good, however i enjoyed the first ending song to the latter but when it swaps over at around ep 13 the show does get better. Chobits, while at the start being slow and to be frank boring has turned out to be a good show. Chi and Sumomo are by far the best characters. I'm now going to go pick up the manga and read that and i also see theres an OAV which i wouldn't mind seeing too.

Episode 3 confirms it; Gurren Lagan is made of all kinds of awesome. The first 10 minutes... I've been sitting here for 20 and I still can't articulate everything that's so good about it. I'm talking about the knife fight. The way the characters move, the way they talk, the art, the fluidity of animation, it's all just perfect. A jaw-dropping and perfect distillation of everything that I love about shonen anime. The mecha battles too. They are grandiose in execution; the explosions from their missiles could almost be mini-nukes for way they cover the screen with violent, multi-coloured smoke.

Often I feel like there a knowing wink at the audience from Gainax, almost as if they know they are exploding the world with this show. The rock music in the background is a definite sign that they are absolutely just rocking out while animating this. Gurren Lagan is something to watch if you want a big smile slapped across your face for 24 minutes. This episode confirmed it for me; it's the best show in a good season of anime by a long way. Now for some dialogue from this episode:

"Listen to me, you ******* furry", "Mens souls, uniting with passion", "Who the **** do you think I am?" and finally, "DABBU DABBU DABBU DABBU DA!!!". Best. episode. ever.

*sigh* I'm still waiting for ep #1 to download, and hopefully it'll be third time lucky and come with subs this time! I'm really looking forward to see Gainax's latest effort.

Still, I've caught the opening episodes of Bokurano (very intriguing, if a little low-key) and Darker than Black (most excellent - it's the spiritual descendent of Wolf's Rain).

I've finished Kino's Journey and GitS SAC: Second Gig on DVD too - the former was a really heart-wrenching ending and the latter reminded me why the GitS franchise is so popular. The final scenes featuring the adorable Tachikomas were amazing.

Da Capo 19 - Quite a decent episode, the plot thickens once again and with only 7 more episodes to go i wonder whats going to happen. I think the side storys are what happens when you write a story while your intoxicated because i'll be damned if they make hardly any sense.

Shuffle! 6 - Another good episode with alot of laughs, i think this is the last of the character background we will see before they move along with the story. I really like the comedy but now im begining to get more interested in whats going to happen further on in the series.

New Dominion : Tank Police 1 - Not going to say much for now :wink:

Today I watched Fist of the North Star - New Saviour Legend - The Legend of Yuria, Bleach ep 122, Kekkaishi ep 17, Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny ep 8, Koutetsu Sangokushi ep 2, Bokurano ep 2, Kiss Dum Engage Planet (or Engage Planet Kiss Dum) ep 1, and too tired to watch Naruto Shippuuden ep 10.

Paul said:
Episode 3 confirms it; Gurren Lagan is made of all kinds of awesome. The first 10 minutes... I've been sitting here for 20 and I still can't articulate everything that's so good about it. I'm talking about the knife fight. The way the characters move, the way they talk, the art, the fluidity of animation, it's all just perfect. A jaw-dropping and perfect distillation of everything that I love about shonen anime. The mecha battles too. They are grandiose in execution; the explosions from their missiles could almost be mini-nukes for way they cover the screen with violent, multi-coloured smoke.

Often I feel like there a knowing wink at the audience from Gainax, almost as if they know they are exploding the world with this show. The rock music in the background is a definite sign that they are absolutely just rocking out while animating this. Gurren Lagan is something to watch if you want a big smile slapped across your face for 24 minutes. This episode confirmed it for me; it's the best show in a good season of anime by a long way. Now for some dialogue from this episode:

"Listen to me, you ******* furry", "Mens souls, uniting with passion", "Who the **** do you think I am?" and finally, "DABBU DABBU DABBU DABBU DA!!!". Best. episode. ever.
Seconded. Loved the gattai bit :)

Just finished watching Paprika and apart from the audio going out of synch for the 2nd half it was great :D , I liked how Satoshi Kon stuck in posters for his previous films at the end :lol:

Back