Your viewing journal

13-17 of Saber Marionette J in the past 2 days, some good stuff, a little filler-ish at times, but the main point of the story comes every so often.

Just finished watching Death Note ep 24, been waiting to see when they'd actually say Rem is a female Shinigami for awhile. I watched Death Note: The Last Name last week and Rem was turned into a male Shinigami (different voice actor unlike Ryuk who is the same in the movies and anime).

Chobits 10 - Easy on the eyes and the brain, story is coming along at this dilly dally rate which is something that is begining to bug me. However there is enough to keep my interest and its not becoming a chore to watch which is what i originally thought.

Da Capo 5 - Quite a funny episode, i like the humour in this series (especially when the cat gets covered in the food i laughed) Still in the introduction stages but 21 episodes left to develop everything. One thing that i would have liked to see is the same style thats in the ending (the opening is just crap) being implimented into the show, that form seemed a little more interesting.

Meloncholy of Haruhi 11 - Looks like i watched yesterdays episode and tonights in the wrong order, but it doesn't really matter (which is what i like about this show) episode 11 developed the other side of the story and it was pretty much upto the standard i expect from this show. Thoroughly enjoying it and it is a pleasure to watch.

Macross Plus 3 - What an excellent series this has turned out to be. At only 4 episodes long it really rams home the old saying of "quality over quanitity" While the animation looks dated the storyline and characters more than make up for it and if i was honest i was most looking forward to watching this. One episode to go and i'm sitting here wondering what is going to happen, the music once again is also top notch. This ticks almost all of the boxes for me.

Was sick yesterday so got a lot of watching
Jyu Oh Sei- short, and not really in a good way. The premise was good, the plot was solid, the characters well rounded, the animation was brilliant (even if they seemed to have problems with the noses) it just was about 15 episodes shorter than it should have been which meant several elements were rushed or you where thrown in at the deep end once or twice too often. Also the ending was kinda … well pointless especially Tiz’s death. It served no purpose except to make everybody miserable. Hear it came from the manga, which I’d love to get a copy of to see it makes it better sense.
Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi- Continuing the Bones theme watched about 15 episodes of this and I am really liking it. As with most Bones works there has been a lot of effort gone into the characters and plot, making them both understandable and well rounded, yet not transparent (in either sense of the word) or bland. Like wise the plot is understandable yet not overly simplified, answers enough questions for it to make sense, yet not explaining every tiny little thing. Also while episodic to an extent and the fact it has ‘character episodes’ it never really feels as obvious as in other shows.
GitS: 2nd Gig. To about episode 18, it STILL manages to fail in captivating me which is very irratting. I want to like this series, but it not focused enough to appeal to the serial fan in me, yet not self contained enough to appeal to the other side of my tastes.
Kiba 51: Nice open ending, but offering enough completion to satisfy the horde, me included. Wonder if the series or card game did well enough to warrant a sequel. Though I doubt Zed will be back as the lead as he is now far too powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I watched Bleach 120, Busou Renkin ep 25 (and 26 raw, I couldn't wait :D), Otogi Jushi Akazukin ep 38 and the end of Argento Soma (another Sunrise mecha anime that seems to be full of apples :lol:).

Chobits 11 - Nothing really to say about this, not alot happens feels like filler to me.

Da Capo 6 - not as good as the last episode. lack of anything really and i nothing sticks in my mind.

Meloncholy of Haruhi 12 - Only two episodes left :( This show is one of my favourites now and this episode is one of the better, lots of laughs and a good bit of character development. Great soundtrack in this episode and the songs were very catchy, plud Nagato was excellent on the guitar lol. Waiting in anticipation to see how this wraps up, i hope it doesnt fall short.

Macross Plus 4 - There are many words people often overuse when describing any anime but this series is nothing short of amazing. This has everything. Great story, unforgetable characters, a soundtrack that is simple a pleasure to listen to. With the great staff working on this project their expertise really has come through and it is top notch. However some people think the dub is sub par, i disagree. I think this is one of the better dubs i've seen and while at times it does get flaky on the whole it worked.

Macross Plus gets nothing short of 5/5.

Watched Generator Gawl eps 1 to 6, and because I was in the mood for a bit of nostalgia, rewatched all 4 eps of Burn-up W. ( And do you know, i'd forgotten all about the Evangelion spoof in the second episode. lol )

Watched all of Haibane Renmei today. All I can say is wow! It certainly wasn't overrated, I highly recommend this anime.

Gonna start watching Blood+ later tonight. All nighter, anyone?

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Watched all of Haibane Renmei today. All I can say is wow! It certainly wasn't overrated, I highly recommend this anime.

Gonna start watching Blood+ later tonight. All nighter, anyone?

ALL nights are all-nighters for Hyaku.

Back on topic; just watched Tokyo Godfathers and recently started watching CB again.

Let's see. Finished GitS: SAC 2nd Gig and like the first only gets really good 6 episodes before the end and the takcoma's 'die' as well, man they have to get a better agent. An again it falls into the list of anime I want to like but don't.
Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi got to 20 (which is all that's been fansubed as far as i know, only to find out it was supposed to be a 50 episoder, but got cut to 20 something due to poor ratings. Shame as it was enjoyable, but I understand why the horde was unimpressed, 40yr old cynical male lead, no females that weren't jail bait or traps, and no clear over ruling plot, instead lots of arc's. Also there was very power ranger's style to the fighting (either 'super move that alway's finishes the fight' or Combine to form super utlra mega white dragon of DooOOOooM )

Last edited by a moderator:
I've watched the third disc of Eureka Seven - full opinion to come in the review but suffice to say it's the best instalment yet. Renton's growing from a whiny kid to a much stronger person, and Anemone is proving to be a great adversary already!

I'm also onto the third volume of Kino's Journey which, as well as being amazingly cheap on play.com, is a very unusual and thought-provoking show.

Back