Your viewing journal

Yeah like I said on another thread my taste really doesn't align with MAL scores. I must've watched O;9 about 3-4 times by now. Absolutely unhinged series

Yes, I remember you saying that. I enjoyed how bonkers it was too, even if in my opinion it could maybe have been executed a bit better I liked that it wasn't afraid to throw all sorts of crazy stuff in :)

Dark Gathering episode 23 Open up.

MF Ghost episode 11 Creep.

One Piece episode 1087 Invasion.

Overtake! episode 11 Sponsorship.

Shangri-La Frontier episode 11 The iron sings.

THE IDOLM@STER Million Live! episode 10 Moving Forward.

Karakurizoushi Ayatsuri Sakon episodes 12-26 (Complete. A solid mystery series that manages to sell the concept of the lead character(s) and their dynamic.) 3.5/5

Karin
episodes 1-5

I Shall Survive Using Potions! (English Dub) Episode 8

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You (English Dub) Episode 7

Berserk of Gluttony Episode 11 Unmasked.

Overtake! Episode 11 Sponsers.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You Episode 10 Proof of love.

The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch Episode 12 Family. (Complete. Fairly laid-back as a whole overall - though I highly doubt I'll ever be revisiting this series again.) 2.5/5

Ergo Proxy

Well this was interesting, it starts off really good and stays that way for half the show with a genuinely creepy atmosphere and a really interesting setting, then Who Wants to be in Jeopardy happens and the show then occasionally starts dumping the characters in random situations with little to no explanation as to how they got there in a way that’s not unlike filler but the episodes are still canon I think??? I was starting to think that the ending would lose me with nonsensical plot points, something that happens a lot in these types of shows, but surprisingly it made enough sense to work, overall I liked it enough and would have enjoyed it more if the second half offered more of what made the first half so great but still a very good show nonetheless.

Last edited:
Time for my shiny new things.

Otherside Picnic
Episode 1
Or as I've been calling it, Outside Picnic.
Straight in and no messing.

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Episode 1
Good set up.

Rocket Girls
Episode 1
Fun. Reminds me of Stratus 4.

Last edited:
A Playthrough of a Certain Dude's VRMMO Life Episode 11

I'm In Love with the Villainess Episode 11

Shy Episode 11

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs (Rewatch) Episode 1-12 (Complete)

Crusher Joe - Ultimate Weapon Ash
I often feel that Ultimate Weapon Ash is the poor relation of the Crusher Joe anime and while even I would say it isn't quite as good as The Ice Prison (which I absolutely love) I still think its a really enjoyable OVA, yes, the story is quite simplistic but it has great action from start to finish and is incredibly well animated,

Ranma 1/2: The Battle of Nekonron, China - A Battle to Defy the Rules
This is a fun movie, its been a while since I last saw this and it still holds up really well.

Ninja Robot Tobikage - Episode 1
I watched a bad fansub of this back in the late 00's and came away with a low opinion of this so now watch Discotek's shiny Blu-ray release and see if my opinion changes on second viewing.

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episodes 26 & 27

Roots Search
Hell Target
Lily C.A.T.

Re-watched these ahead of recording the podcast.

Now I'm watching Space Battleship Yamato 2199

SBY 2199 is a Top 5 GOAT anime for me, sooo friggin' awesome! Enjoy!

I totally agree, I loved SBY 2199, it was totally engrossing from start to finish. I've got 2202 on the shelf to watch as well.

Parallel World Pharmacy eps 1-7, eps 8-10. I've been showing this series to my mother in two sittings so far, and she is really enjoying it.

A Girl and Her Guard Dog eps 1-9. My mother is very much into this series too, she says it is really good.

The Ice Blade Sorcerer Eps 1-12 (End). I showed this one to my mother and she finished it in just two sittings.

We are also caught up to the currently airing episodes of:

Apothecary Diaries ep 10. Best Anime of the Year, hands down. It most likely is in my Top 20 favorite anime of all time now, although right now I still would rank Raven of the Inner Palace one notch above this one - although the mystery is getting really intense now in AD, and there's 24 episodes to flesh it all out, so the two series may trade places by the end of this series. I really do hope Raven gets a second cour eventually as well, it was so good.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent S2 ep 10. Looks like Ep 11 just came out today. This is my second favorite of this season (I have to catch up on Frieren before inserting that one in here, I've only seen the first 4 eps of that one.)

Spy x Family S2 ep 35. This is one of my mother's favorites. I will say the episodes for this season have been much better than the second cour of last season, I didn't really care much for Anya's school episodes last season.

Back