Your viewing journal

along with Mushishi, I think Katanagatari is my most wanted anime blu ray.
there's a really nice French set out too but I don't parle pas francais at all 😭
Exactly my issue, and as much as I've been tempted I think it'll lose its magic having Google translate running in the background! Maybe I'll get the light novels at some point instead (if there's an English translation that is🤔

Exactly my issue, and as much as I've been tempted I think it'll lose its magic having Google translate running in the background! Maybe I'll get the light novels at some point instead (if there's an English translation that is🤔

oh yeh I have the light novels in english, the translation is really good!
they are quite expensive though as they were collected into 4 volumes of 3 each, so thick books with nice hard covers.
iirc they were originally released one a month for a year, typical Nisio shenanigans.

oh yeh I have the light novels in english, the translation is really good!
they are quite expensive though as they were collected into 4 volumes of 3 each, so thick books with nice hard covers.
iirc they were originally released one a month for a year, typical Nisio shenanigans.
Ah thanks, that is good to know and I will look into ordering those then. In the meantime I'll live in hope that one day I could get the anime in English (or learn Japanese - that would probably solve a lot of issues with these hard to find releases...)

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Episodes 2+3
Don't upset your waitress.
Not into this yet but I can see a conspiracy coming. The other 3 I bought are more exciting.
If the girls are all in their early twenties, then they are 3 years old now.
Not long before the robots are here.

Undead Unluck (English) - Episode 1

Pokemon: Paldean Winds (English) - Episode 4 (Complete)

This was a nice tie-in to the games with some gorgeous art and animation. Be neat if the characters from this make some sort of appearance in the upcoming DLC but not holding out for it.

Bullbuster episode 11 Naivety.

Heaven’s Official Blessing Season 2 episode 7 Entwined.

The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 episode 31 Missing.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 11 Running in the rain.

Katanagatari episodes 10-12 (Complete. This was rather good and I may need a rewatch in the future.) 3.5/5

Kaze no Shoujo Emily
episodes 1-9

Karin episodes 20-24 (Complete. A humorous vampire comedy with some dramatic moments that was worth a watch.) 3/5

I loved the Karin anime (I have the six-disc Funimation/Geneon DVD set) and I've read (and greatly treasured) the entire manga as well, glad to hear you got some enjoyment out of it! :)

Ah man I've really wanted to watch this one since experiencing Monogatari, but it's not streaming anywhere is it? It's nigh impossible to find a hard copy with English subs...

I used to own both parts of Katanagatari on the NISA premium sets with Blu-rays but I sold one part cuz at the time I didn't have a Blu-ray player that could play the discs... still regret it 🫠

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (English dubbed) - Such a beautiful series about war and working to preserve the best of humanity in difficult circumstances... IDK if I would watch the original Star Blazers but I loved this and I'd put it up there with the original SDF Macross :)

If you really liked SBY 2199, you should definitely check out the Scifi Channel remake series of Battlestar Galactica that aired back in 2004-2009, if you haven't seen that yet. The two series share many of the same ideas - including the orginal series for both from the 1970's. SBY 2199 even uses the first line of the main theme from the 1978 Battlestar Galactica series (the one with Loren Greene) for one of the OST tracks in a lot of the 2199 episodes. That Battlestar Galactica remake series remains my favorite television series of all time for me.

Last edited:
Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 episode 21 Going further.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 45 Act of applause.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 24 No sunshine. (Complete. Though at times the original series was still preferred by me this was a very solid re-adaptation.) 4/5

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2
episode 47 Forgotten shadow.

Kaze no Shoujo Emily episodes 10-21

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 45

Dr. STONE: New World Part 2 Episode 21

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 12

The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 Episode 47

Back