Your viewing journal

Unlimited Psychic Squad
Episodes 1-3
After getting a bit bored with Psychic Squad after 2 seasons, hoping this will get me to watch S3+4.
Nice change to support the bad guy.

Dirty Pair Flash Mission 3
Episode 3
Beach volleyball. Outfits required for the plot.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 episode 22 Realisation.

Kabukibu! episodes 1-12 & Special (Complete. This was pretty good, though the cast were rather bland at times.) 3/5

Kaiba
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A visually engaging story that warrants repeat viewings and is worth the watch.) 4/5

Last edited:
I started both Sonny Boy and a rewatch of Xam’d: Lost Memories last night.
I often hear anime fans complain there’s no good anime getting made anymore and to that I say, “Have you seen Sonny Boy?” It rules. Go watch Sonny Boy.

star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
out of 5 stars

I just completed my rewatch of Xam'd: Lost Memories. It’s an underrated fantasy anime series about an idyllic peaceful island getting caught up in a war between two nations. While it echoes Bones other famous series Eureka Seven, it seems to borrow more from Hayao Miyazaki’s Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Despite those influences, Masayuki Miyaji (in his directorial debut) manages to give Xam'd it’s own distinctive look and feel. While the first half of the series is quite strong in setting up it’s world and characters, the second is a precarious balancing act of ambitious storytelling that’s a little uneven.

star.png
star.png
star.png
½ out of 5 stars

Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit
A great conclusion to the series. The original manga looks to be ongoing past this but Yusuke Yamamoto and Eight Bit found a good spot to end the series feeling like a complete package. The initial 4 recap episodes were also a nice touch given the 4 year gap between seasons. Aoi's development throughout the series has been fun to watch and the production is also pretty strong with some great character animation and episode directors. Hope to see a complete series set from Sentai in the future.

Bullbuster episode 10 Sold short.

Heaven’s Official Blessing Season 2 episode 6 Trying for calm.

The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 episode 30 Your dream.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 10 Winded.

Kamen no Maid Guy episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A fanservice-fuelled comedy that though fun did wear its premise a bit thin.) 3/5

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
episodes 1-11

Bullbuster ep2-5

Given the typical strike rate for new mecha series in recent years (by which I mean those not linked to an established IP), I think I was a little unfairly dismissive of Bullbuster’s first episode, but it’s rather grown on me. It’s not revolutionary, but it’s hitting its marks pretty consistently and it’s starting to feel like it’s got a bit of personality to it.

This Art Club Has A Problem episodes 1-9: silly stories about a school art club. Mizuki has a fevered imagination about her chances with Uchimaki and she's quite violent when embarrassed (all the time). It's kept me chuckling away with its light-hearted fluffy humour.

The Eminence in Shadow 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 30 Dream.

Dr. STONE: New World Part 2 Episode 20 Aftermath.

I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness Episode 10 First impressions.

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 11 Distracted.

Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out (Film) Another fine sequel installment to the series. 3.5/5

The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2
Episode 46 Wish.

Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 episode 20 Disarmed.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 44 Leaving a mark.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 23 In vain.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 46 Disassembled.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne episodes 12-33

This Art Club Has A Problem episodes 10-12: Nice ending to the series. Would like a second series.

Amagi Brilliant Park episode 1-: Just starting this series. Weird first episode but it looks like it could be interesting.

Onimusha
Episodes 1+2
Swords, blood, monsters and heads getting chopped off. 🥳

Edit 11pm
Watched episodes 3+4 of Onimusha.
They were fighting skeletons. 🤩

Little Witch Academia
Episode 5
This is still amusing me. Great mix of characters.

Last edited:
Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 43-44

Beast Tamer (Rewatch) Episode 1-13 (Complete)

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Episode 14 Matching presents.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 Episode 22 Confide.

Goblin Slayer II Episode 22 Taken.

Our Dating Story: The Experienced You and The Inexperienced Me Episode 10 Misunderstanding.

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy Episode 11 Clash.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 Episode 48 Confronted.

Last edited:
Back