Your viewing journal

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc episode 4 Pressure.

My Clueless First Friend episode 5 Cherish.

One Piece episode 1060 Promises.

Wonder Egg Priority episodes 6-12 & Wonder Egg Priority: My Priority (Complete. Though built upon some interesting ideas that tackled mature themes, I was left with mixed feelings on the series overall.) 3/5

Young Black Jack
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A solid prequel series to the expansive Black Jack franchise.) 3.5/5

Gintama ep7-9

Hell’s Paradise ep5

Thought the show was treading water a bit last week, but this was a pleasing return to form. The characterisation is surprisingly strong when it needs to be.

Kamikatsu: Working for God in a Godless World ep1-4

I came to gawp at the dodgy CGI, and discovered this is also horny trash, but strangely compelling for all that. The idea of having a god character gaining power based on the other main characters’ efforts to recruit more followers is like something out of Discworld, and that rather appealed to me.

Watched 'Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road' ep 1-12 (end): Ended up watching this because I kept hearing how a certain plot point from episode 1 really upset certain isekai fans, and my god it didn't disappoint. Filing this one in the incredibly rare mental folder labelled "good isekai". Well developed world, cool magic system, interesting morally grey protagonist, and just enough yuri potential to excite my queer heart. Gonna have to get the novels now.

I really liked this one, the world building was good, I'm hoping we do eventually get a season 2.

Well... on account of me not logging in for a couple of weeks, I have accumulated quite the viewing journal that is probably not exhaustive so here goes.

Bahubali the Beginning (Rewatch) Honestly I think that SS Rajamouli's films are probably the last bastion of truly great live action, I've still yet to get around to rewatching the sequel despite the fact that it is even better than the already fantastic first film.

Golden Kamuy (Episodes 1 and 2) I probably need to sit down and watch this show properly; given the ahem... golden praise this show was recieving I was quite eager to watch it and it was pretty good so far but I just wasn't in the right frame of mind when I started it so I should probably get back to it when I find the time.

Shrek 2 (The umpteenth rewatch) I mean... it's Shrek 2, of course I'm gonna find some time to rewatch this absolute masterpiece.

Kantara Being fairly new to indian cinema, I heard great things about this one and decided to check it out but honestly I was not much of a fan, I was kind of bored midway through the film and while it did pick up towards the end, I feel that the one really well choreographed scene towards the end was doing for about 10 or so minutes what RRR was doing for the better part of the whole film.

I also gave Ponniyin Selvan Part 1 a go for about 40 or so minutes but, as is a bit of a habit of mine, I started it way too late in the evening so I needed to call it a day, I'll withold my thoughts on this one until I actually finish it though.

My Home Hero ep 5
Pet name.

World Dai Star ep 4
Non-Sense.
LOL, I was fine with these Senses being some sort of heighten acting skill, but to magic a person out of thin air! Definitely stops this from being a serious look at acting like Kageki Shoujo was, although that still had plenty of light hearted moments.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury s2 e4
Sins of the past.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Season 2 - OVA, The Miraculous Meeting and the Phantasmagorical Adventure Parts 1 & 2

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too episode 5 Tamer.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 episode 17 Reassurance.

Insomniacs after School episode 4 Make a promise.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! episode 5 Golem problem.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 31 Homecoming.

Yu Yu Hakusho (Rewatch) episodes 1-15

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (English Dub) Episode 2

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 (English Dub) Episode 15

In/Spectre Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 15

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (English Dub) Episode 3

The Eminence in Shadow (English Dub) Episode 19

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too Episode 5

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 Episode 17

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 41

Ponniyin Selvan Part 1

I feel kind of bad about this as I know Yami recommended this one to me in the Rate the Last Film You Watched thread but when I don't like a film I'll either say it or say nothing; as I said in the previous post that I'll withold my thoughts until I'm finished with it and now I'm finished I feel like I have to speak my mind.

I really did not like this film for the most part, it was way too similar to countless other live action films I have seen; shaky cam, check, cutting to different angles in a desperate attempt to hide the often average fight choreography, check; there was nothing that hooked me in either, it felt like a run of the mill live action movie with the only difference being that it was in Tamil and set in India... well that and the fact that the soundtrack was a fair bit better than modern hollywood movies but that bar is on the floor, one only needs to step over that.

I was really trying to find what makes this one click but I couldn't find it, the presentation is all too familiar, a common issue with live action films that made me almost completely abandon the medium for the better part of the last year, maybe on rewatch there might be some details I've overlooked but to make me even want to consider rewatching, there has to be a presentation that is epic on a surface level as well as having the deeper meaning that I may overlook the first time; even Kantara, for all it's faults, did have that really cool fight scene towards the end as well as a few story beats that I liked.

Above all else though, there is literally no reason I can think of to watch this over Bahubali or RRR which has become the golden standard for live action IMO.

Last edited:
My Handsome Butler (Mei Chan No Shitsuji). Hilariously over the top live adaptation of a manga. DVD refused to play halfway through episode 9 (penultimate) But I'm hoping I can get it to work.
Ranma 1/2 episodes 1-8: It's so nice to see the start of this series and get a proper introduction to the characters. Hopefully I can pick up the rest of the series in one of the sales later this year.

Skip and Loafer episode 5 Difference.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season episode 17 The final scene.

Yu Yu Hakusho (Rewatch) episodes 16-29

Space Knight Tekkaman - Episodes 1 - 4

Watching this to review on the next episode of the mecha podcast.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury - Episode 16

Another good episode, I'm really quite enjoying G-Witch so far!

Urusei Yatsura (2022) - Episodes 8 & 9

I've left this for far too long so time to pick it back up and finish this first season.

KonoSuba -An Explosion on This Wonderful World! episode 5 Satisfaction.

Yu Yu Hakusho (Rewatch) episodes 25-38 & Yu Yu Hakusho The Movie (Film)

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 24 (Complete)

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (English Dub) Episode 3

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World Episode 5

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Episode 5

Dr. Stone: New World episode 5 Trump card.

Ranking of Kings: The Treasure Chest of Courage episode 4 The only one.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 29 Back and forth.

Yuri Is My Job! episode 5 Conflict.

Yu Yu Hakusho (Rewatch) episodes 39-51

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 27

Dr. STONE: New World (English Dub) Episode 3

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV (English Dub) Episode 14

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Episode 29

Dr. STONE: New World Episode 5

The Legendary Hero is Dead! Episode 5

Yuri is My Job! Episode 5

Back