Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime the Movie: Scarlet Bond (English Dub)

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (English Dub)
Episode 1-2

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Episode 3

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far Episode 4

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 (English Dub) Episode 14

In/Spectre Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 14

The Eminence in Shadow (English Dub) Episode 18

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too Episode 4 Red ogre revenge.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 Episode 16 Revolt.

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 40 Persued and protect.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too episode 4 Mercy.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 episode 16 Facing off.

Insomniacs after School episode 3 Late-night pics.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! episode 4 Child labor force.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 30 Whispers.

Voltes V episodes 9-18

Megaton Musashi - Episodes 19 - 28 [Final]

My early enthusiasm for Megaton Musashi had quickly begun to wane by episode 20, big plot 'reveals' were very predictable and signposted episodes beforehand and the extended final episode was rather odd and dragged along for most of its runtime while coming to a bit of a confused conclusion. Having said all that I didn't think it was terrible, I guess sub-par or below average is the best way I can describe it!!!

Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms (Blu-ray)

I thought Maquia was a fantastic film and was completely absorbed by it. The actual story is quite straight forward but the character stories and the associated character development were handled with an incredibly deft and empathic touch throughout and I really like how the film concluded. It was beautifully animated as well. I had high expectations based on other anime I'd seen with Mari Okada's involvement and the general high opinion of Maquia at the time of its release and it didn't disappoint.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury - Episode 15

Another good episode that did a good job of expanding the wider story.

Suzume (Cinema Subbed)

Hmmm, I had mixed feelings about Suzume, the first 80 minutes or so were fantastic but then I felt the film took its foot of the gas somewhat for a short period which was enough for me to disengage and I thought the ending was a bit formulaic and predictable. It didn't help that it was late by this time and I had had a long day at work. I need to re-watch it when I'm less tired.

Suzume (sub, at the cinema)
I have mixed feelings about this, there's some good things to it and stuff that I felt could have been done differently.
7/10

I feel the same after my first viewing.

Still way better than Weathering with You. :p

I really liked Weathering with You, and so feel as a whole it was a better film than Suzume.

Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms (Blu-ray)

I thought Maquia was a fantastic film and was completely absorbed by it. The actual story is quite straight forward but the character stories and the associated character development were handled with an incredibly deft and empathic touch throughout and I really like how the film concluded. It was beautifully animated as well. I had high expectations based on other anime I'd seen with Mari Okada's involvement and the general high opinion of Maquia at the time of its release and it didn't disappoint.

I watched this and it was very interesting, but imo, this could have done with a full series to build more on the world building, film just felt a little too short to really explore the world they set up.

Skip and Loafer episode 4 Timing.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season episode 16 Waterworld.

Voltes V episodes 19-32

Monster 1-30
Really enjoying this quite a bit, my first time watching Monster. It's a little more comic-booky than the Satoshi Kon-esque psychological horror I always imagined it being for some reason ( it is based on a comic after all!), but there's a lot of depth to all the characters who have plenty of time to breath and slowly reveal themselves over the many episodes. I really appreciate how every episode quite quietly adds layers to the characters and to the core mystery. It has a great foreboding atmosphere and feels like an epic adventure too with the way that it spans years and the bredth of Germany and characters sort of orbit each other but come in and out of contact. Like the sort of show that probably doesn't get made much anymore.

KonoSuba -An Explosion on This Wonderful World! episode 4 Cackle.

Voltes V episodes 33-40 (Complete. Another mecha anime from the backlog that had its charm and solid antagonists.) 3.5/5

VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire
episodes 1-6

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 23

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (English Dub) Episode 1

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (English Dub) Episode 2

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World Episode 4

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Episode 4

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog OVA 2

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season Episode 16

Oshi No Ko ep 3
Drama drama.
Can't help, but think I'm watching a documentary exposing the **** that happens in the entertainment industry in Japan with each week focusing on a different aspect. But as it's based on a manga written by the Kaguya-sama mangaka the characters are engaging and there's some good humour.

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World ep 4
Helping out friends.

Yuri is My Job! ep 4
Old wounds.

KamiKatsu ep 4
Showdown.

Last edited:
Dr. Stone: New World episode 4 Fish finder.

Ranking of Kings: The Treasure Chest of Courage episode 3 Heal.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 28 Idea of a bride.

Yuri Is My Job! episode 4 Played.

VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire episodes 7-19

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 26

Dr. STONE: New World (English Dub) Episode 2

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV (English Dub) Episode 13

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Episode 28

Dr. STONE: New World Episode 4

The Legendary Hero is Dead! Episode 4

Yuri is My Job! Episode 4

Komi Can't Communicate (Season 2) (English) - Episode 13 - 16

KonoSuba! An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (Japanese) - Episode 4

Mashle: Magic and Muscles (Japanese) - Episode 3

Skip and Loafer (Japanese) - Episode 4

The Deer King
Really enjoyed this but wasnt especially keen on the ending. I especially enjoyed the doctor applying scientific method and working things out in spite of a world that didn't appreciate or understand his value.

Aria The Origination and Arietta
From ep 1 of s1 right to the end this show has been magical, wonderful, joyous and magnificent. I got pretty emotional in the last 2 episodes of Origination. Did not expect the show to go do hard on themes of growing up/graduation/moving on. The dub was superb. The art and facial expressions amazing. Gentle and cozy and just a delight to spend time with the characters.

The Ancient Magus' Bride s2 e4
Back passage.

Dr. Stone: New World ep 4
Seeing the invisible.

Mashle ep 4
Gravity defying.

BIRDIE WING s2 e4
Back home.

Otaku Elf ep 4
Visitors.

Back