Your viewing journal

Dr. Stone: New World episode 1 Landscaping.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 25 Roommate.

Yuri Is My Job! episode 1 Stubborn sister.

The World is Still Beautiful episodes 7-12 (Complete. As far as fantasy outings go this was very fun, with a central romance that actually progresses - the ending opening up to a yet-to-exist sequel was a bit of a downside though.) 4/5

Tiger & Bunny (Rewatch)
episode 1-18

Panty and Stocking Episode 1

Back in 2017, when I would buy just about any anime DVD, I picked this one up from my local HMV, anyway, when I got to watching it, I was not a fan, though to be fair I was very put off by the cartoon art style which is less of an issue today.

Fast forward to today, I recently bought Zero G Vocal Forge and I recognised one of the samples; vaguely remembering it to be used in Panty and Stocking so I booted this episode up to check and indeed it did sample Vocal Forge, so it was fun playing spot the sample; was the episode any good though?... ehh.

This show may have it's fans but I personally am not one of them, the extreme gross out humour in the first half episode is probably all I need to see to know that this show is not for me at all.

How a Realist etc
Episodes 22+23

Combatants will be Dispatched
Episode 8
Why is this Cert18 with boobies not enjoyable. It's got a good MC pervert and comedy.

Midnight Occult Civil Servants
Episodes 8+9
Our MC is left on his own. 👻

Hana-Bi
A beautiful Takahashi Kitano film.
Every time I watch it I still am amazed that the MC says probably 50 words.
An ex-cop in debt to the Yakuza looks after his soon to die wife. I have tears during the wife scenes.
It's violent but if you pay attention, the violence is off camera.
It's one of my 'I want to cry now DVDs' with Magica.

Jobless Reincarnation
Episodes 16-18

Mashle ep 1
Seems like Harry Potter, but the MC can't do magic and thus will have to bluff his way through magic school.

Too Cute Crisis ep 1 (dropped)
An alien investigates Earth to see if the creatures are worth keeping alive. Duly finds every animal cute, which seems to be the only 'joke' in this show!

Rokudo's Bad Girls ep 1
Another one to put on the not sure pile. A boy receives a gift from his dead grandfather, a power to attract bad girls to fall for him. Nothing particularly funny happened and none of the characters really grabbed me.

BIRDIE WING s2 e1
Orange Crush

Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! - Episode 1 - Not as immediately funny as original Konosuba. The "P.E." scene was probably the funniest, as its the part that leaned into the Crimson Demon's chuuni-ness the most.

Yuri Is My Job! - Episode 1 - Already had some expectations going into this, as i've read a few volumes of the manga. Found the adaptation a little dry, but I'll keep watching to see where the relationships go.

The Legendary Hero Is Dead! - Episode 1 - I found this funnier than most people, and I probably enjoyed this more than Konosuba Explosion. Will see where it goes... hopefully not into the toilet.

BIRDIE WING: Golf Girls' Story 2 (listed as season 1, ep 14 on CR) - THE GIRLS ARE BACK! So happy to have this brilliant and very gay mad action golf sports anime back. It just makes me very happy.

My One-Hit Kill Sister - Episode 1 - Annoyingly well animated for a mediocre isekai/bro-con story.

Too Cute Crisis - Episode 1 - I'm always up for trying a cat show but this was far too shallow. My Roommate is a Cat has yet to be topped, and I don't think this will be doing it.

MASHLE - Episode 1 - Ahh, One Punch (Not) Mage. Decent shonen comedy and introduction to Mash and the world, will come back next week to see more of the cast. Banger OP theme.

TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You 2 - Episode 0 (? That's how its listed on CR) - I enjoy it. Its another breezy, happy watch, though this was a pretty lewd return XD Nasa going well beyond hand-holding.

Magical Girl Magical Destroyers - Episode 1 - This is bad right? But I had fun. It is very stupid, and I can see Blue being insufferable, I kinda want to see where it goes though.

Otaku Elf - Episode 1 - Another fine premiere, will give it one more to see if it goes anywhere, but again, there are funnier shows about shut-in otaku. The twist of it being an ageless elf, other than the typical not wanting to get attached to humans being the reason for being a shut-in, doesn't really add much.

Yuri on Ice!!! (English dubbed) - the only issue I had with this was the fat-shaming element, other than that it was very enjoyable and I loved the figure skating performances and Yuri and Victor's developing relationship :)

Mashle: Magic and Muscles (Japanese) - Episode 1

Dr. Stone: New World (Japanese) - Episode 1

The Ancient Magus' Bride (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 1

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. (English) - Episode 7 - 9

Trigun Stampede (English) - Episode 9 - 11

Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! ep1

My expectations for this were low, as I wasn't sure that there was enough to Megumin as a character to carry a series on her own, but this I thought this was quite fun, albeit in a rather more gentle fashion than the mainline show.

Rokudo's Bad Girls ep1

Dear god, this was rough - I didn't even make it to the end of the episode. There is a germ of an amusing premise in here somewhere, but I think they needed to really embrace the sheer stupidity of it. Given that it revolves around the main character inexplicably attracting 'bad' girls, it might be more entertaining if they were actual heels whose presence leads everyone to assume Blandy McMilquetoast is a real gangster, constantly committing crimes or something. As it is, what I saw was a cast of characters with no charm or personality, moving through situations which just aren't funny. The most you could say for it is that the art style is at least distinctive, even if I didn't much care for that either.

Uncle From Another World ep8-9

So glad that Netflix have finally put the remaining episodes up, I've genuinely missed this show. I also watched an episode in the dub, as Netflix defaulted to the English audio - it's actually pretty good, even if I think Uncle's English voice sounds a little too warm and personable, compared to his Japanese counterpart.

Last edited:
Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Season 2 episode 14 Partner.

Mashle: Magic and Muscles episode 1 Crushing fists.

Otaku Elf episode 1 Shrine Shut-in.

Rokudo’s Bad Girls episode 1 Bad love.

To Cute Crisis episode 1 Age-old argument.

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You 2nd Season episode 14 Private plans.

Tiger & Bunny (Rewatch) episodes 19-25 & Tiger & Bunny: The Rising (Film) (Rewatch) (Complete. A series I’ve continually enjoyed with each watch, now with the added bonus that we have a second season.) 4/5, 3.5/5

Tiger & Bunny 2
episodes 26-37

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Season 2 Episode 14

Magical Destroyers Episode 1

My One-Hit Kill Sister Episode 1

Otaku Elf Episode 1

Rokudo's Bad Girls Episode 1

The Café Terrace and It's Goddesses Episode 1

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You 2nd Season Episode 14

Too Cute Crisis Episode 1

Eega

So I thought, as my review went on about as long as a late One Piece arc, that I'll post a more TLDR opinion of this film here.

Before moving on to make some of the best modern movies out there (Bahubali and RRR) S.S. Rajamouli made a very good film out of a concept that should not work, I.E a guy being reincarnated as a fly to get revenge on his killer, it is incredibly bonkers and commits to it's absurdity unabashedly, it's a film that is unlike anything else out there and worth watching because of it.

Witchblade rewatch
Holds up well. Dark and violent but with a central core about motherhood and family. Really good.

How Not To Summon A Demon Lord 2
Silly and entertaining. Fan service for fan service sake and an op MC but the character dynamics are fun.

Sing A Bit Of Harmony rewatch
I'd forgotten just how amazing and emotional this film is. It's a great uplifting story with some wonderful twists and turns. The dub is phenomenal and the main song in the end credits sounds like a top tier Disney anthem. Wonderful.

Catching up on this season after skipping out for a bit with a few things

Trigun Stampede - Episodes 1-12 [English Audio]:
This turned out really well, I wasn't too sure to make of some things but in the end it worked very nicely with a strong conclusion, and It looks absolutely terrific to boot. The dub is excellent as well, not only with Johnny Yong Bosch returning as Vash but the rest hold up their end of it (not an easy task given its really detailed CG). Really strong stuff.

NieR Automata Ver 1.1a - Episodes 1-4 [English Audio]:
Been reading the write-ups beforehand and while I'm not sure what the end goal here is, I do like the retelling of sorts with some additions added, but will have to wait on whats going on. Very pleased the English cast from the game (particularly Kyle McCarley as 9S) all return (so far at least), the credits gags being with them is extra fun. Who knows, this has had multiple production issues, the dub is in danger catching up if it carries on.

Uncle From Another World -Episodes 1-3 [English Audio]:
Found this somewhat funny, surprisingly. It might be a bit punched up, but I am enjoying this, very unexpected.

Toho 10th Anniversary Music Films (complete)
YouTube recommended one of them to me, so I looked it up on MAL and turned out there were 5.
My favourite in terms of story was Nana's Secret Garden (all the feels) and the best for music and animation was definitely COLORs (Sawano x WIT!).

Otaku Elf ep 1
Could be fun or boring depending on the direction it goes.

Urusei Yatsura ep 23 (complete)
Royal Rumble.
There was a mix of comedy from the annoying shouty stuff and silly slapstick to random surrealist stuff which I enjoyed more. I have no idea how much of it has been modernised, some of it did seem a bit old fashioned, but for the most part was fine in that sense. I would say it was funny at about 60/40 in the positive.
Really liked the art, retro with a modern sheen, and the animation was very good.
7/10

Ippon again!
eps 11-13 (complete)
Final fight.
Another that started out good, but faded. In the end it just turned into a generic sports show. Get a club together, tournament, some easily solved drama, and another tournament. So boring.
Some of the matches were good, but it didn't really explain too much about the sport. I did like the characters, but didn't feel any of them had any character growth, apart from one of them.
Art was nice, but the animation was up and down. Sometimes there were a load of stills, but there were occasionally some really good stuff.
6/10

A Galaxy Next Door
ep 1
Seems like this seasons Angel Next Door. Another on the possibly drop pile, probably would have if it wasn't for the twist.

Hell's Paradise ep 2
Reflection.

Yamada-kun ep 2
Clutter.

The Dangers in My Heart ep 2
The female MC reminds me of Akebi. Also I realised that this is set in middle school, I'm not sure whether that came up last week, which gives it a slightly different feel.

Heavenly Delusion ep 2
Sliced and diced.

Back