Your viewing journal

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Season 2 episode 24 Tough. (Complete. Possibly one of the worst anime I’ve ever watched, and certainly one of the worst sequels. Quite why I watched it to completion I don’t know - maybe I was hoping for it to improve…it didn’t.) 1/5

The Garden of Sinners Chapter 5: Paradox Spiral (Film)
, The Garden of Sinners Chapter 6: Oblivion Recording (Film), The Garden of Sinners Chapter 7: A Study in Murder - Part 2 (Film), The Garden of Sinners Chapter 8: Epilogue OVA & The Garden of Sinners: Future Gospel (Film) & Special And with that I’ve watched all of TGoS - an interesting set of films with dark and brutal story content within. My favourite entry was chapter 5. 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 4/5, 3.5/5, 4/5, 3.5/5, 4/5, 3.5/5, 4/5

Edward Scissorhands - A beautiful film for outcasts, and not that violent either which was a relief for me. Glad I finally watched it :)

Starter for 10 - Enjoyable, though I would have liked more scenes focused on Brian and Rebecca :)

Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto - One of the best comedy anime I've seen! I fully recommend it :)

Am now watching Season 1 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and it's as good as I remember it being when I watched some of it years ago :)

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Melodrama and drama drama.
Yet another show that started out quite interesting and slowly waned. I liked the strong willed female MC, but more and more it felt like the world was built solely to **** on her with all the jealously and misogyny and have the handsome men, mainly the male MC save her. Even in the moment of triumph at the end the plot had more crap to dump on her!
Art and animation were OK. The style was one I don't particularly like.
6/10

Urusei Yatsura ep 19
It's a jungle out there and plum out of luck.

Dr. Stone: Ryusui (complete)
A starter pack for the upcoming season. Introduces a new character and speed runs a fair few "new" inventions. It was good fun as always. The new character is a bit like Senku, but even more arrogant and a more annoying quirk.
Art and animation were the same as always.
8/10

Still haven't finished Winter, so let's watch some new stuff!
My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999 ep 1
Seems like it could be a fun romance. The titular character is a little bit dull though, so it'll depend on how much he opens up and changes as to whether it'll be good or not.

Hell's Paradise ep 1
Seems like it'll be an action packed show. From the set up in this episode it could be a death game set on a island full of supernatural creatures set in the Edo Period!

The Dangers in My Heart ep 1
Seems like it could be a fun rom-com. The male MC starts out as a bit creepy, but already seems to have dropped the weird attitude right at the start and now just comes off as a bit emo rather than would be murderer! The female MC as a bit of a kooky airhead, but still has some smarts.

Heavenly Delusion ep 1
Seems like one of those shows that you have to pay attention to in case you miss stuff, with some strange goings on, but this episode was pretty straight forward introducing the world.

The Boys S3
Episodes 4-6
This is why I can't go to Avengers movies

Midnight Occult Civil Servants
Episodes 5-7
They claim these last 24 minutes. Seems like they're over in no time.
Just as well I bought it when I did. They seller on eBay has put their copies up by £15.

Spring has sprung!

Heavenly Delusion - Thanks Disney for hiding this under its Japanese title and not listing on just added. Interesting mystery with some good animation. Kinda Promised Neverland-y in tone, with a bit of The Last of Us.
Hell's Paradise - More good animation (it is Mappa), but didn't bust their load on this first ep. Interesting premise and the 2 main characters have a fun dynamic.
My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999 - More nice smooth animation, more so than expected for a Rom-Com. Main girl has some fun, zany energy and main boy is nice.
The Dangers in My Heart - Weakest of today's premiere. Main lad is very chuuni and this was fairly cringy at times. First show to get the 3 episode warning flag.

Tokyo Revengers: Christmas Showdown Arc (Japanese) - Episode 36 - 37 (Complete)

Tomo-chan Is a Girl! (English) - Episode 11 - 13 (Complete)

Urusei Yatsura (2022) (Japanese) - Episode 22 - 23 (Complete)

Bungo Stray Dogs (Season 4) (Japanese) - Episode 49 - 50 (Complete)

Hell's Paradise (Japanese) - Episode 1

Hell’s Paradise episode 1 Going under.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 25 A welcome return.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 13 - (Complete. This has promise and I did enjoy watching, though the final episodes were a bit disappointing in terms of execution. Hopefully a second season can expand on the better elements of the story.) 3.5/5

The Little Lies We All Tell
episodes 1-11 (Complete. I had skipped this series from the fall 2022 season due to having a lot of other shows on the go at the time. As is, this was quite a fun concept and an easy watch.) 3.5/5

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
episodes 1-13

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 26 I'm curious to see how this season unfolds.

Heavenly Delusion Episode 1 This looks like an interesting watch.

My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv 999 Episode 1 Seems like this could be a fun show.

The Dangers in My Heart Episode 1 3 eps rule for this one.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 13 (Complete. An enjoyable fantasy series for the most part - Which I would definitely welcome another season.) 3.5/5

Ippon Again! episode 13 Push. (Complete. I initially quite enjoyed this though found the final episodes a bit underwhelming which is a shame.) 3/5

One Piece
episode 1056 Place takers.

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou episodes 14-24
(Complete. Despite the story dipping into the familiar “save the - before it gets closed down/demolished etc.” trope towards the end I found this to be a rather charming anime where the drama mostly worked.) 4/5

The Quintessential Quintuplets Movie (Film)
A curious watch as without a horse in the race for who would ultimately win the ship I wasn’t exactly disappointed or overly enamoured with who “won” in the end. Overall, this was about on par with the series for me in terms of enjoyment. 3.5/5

Last edited:
By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 23

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack (English Dub) Episode 23

Handyman Saitou in Another World (English Dub) Episode 11

My Hero Academia Season 6 (English Dub) Episode 24

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement (English Dub) Episode 11

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II (English Dub) Episode 19

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World (English Dub) Episode 11

A couple more new shows:
My Clueless First Friend ep 1
I'm not sure about this one. A gloomy girl is bullied by her classmates, but then a transfer student shows up who doesn't give a **** about the others BS because he's, well, clueless. It wasn't particularly funny, the constant upbeat/dense nature of the male MC was grating (apart from the bit where his obliviousness tricked some of the bullies into accepting the girl wasn't a Shinigami, and the constant bullying of the female MC was infuriating. I'm sure like most of the other shows of this type the initial "quirk" will get ironed out and it'll turn in to a SOL. The OP shows there's 3 other friends will join them at some point.

My Home Hero ep 1
Seems like it'll be a gritty crime thriller about an ordinary Joe v the Yakuza! Quite intriguing.

Right, back to Winter:
The Tale of Outcasts ep 10
Bonds.

Urusei Yatsura ep 20
Chain reaction.

Ippon! Again ep 10
Teamwork.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too Episode 1 This looks like a fun watch.

In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 Episode 13 A second season that's been long overdue.

Ippon Again! Episode 13 (Complete. I may not watch many sports anime's but this was enjoyable enough with what it had to offer.) 3/5

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -The First Kiss That Never Ends-
(Film)

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far Episode 1 Looks like this will be cute but fun series.

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 37

Back