Your viewing journal

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 episode 13 Time together.

My Clueless First Friend episode 1 A brand new friend.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! episode 1 Scheming.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 37 Horseback.

The Tatami Time Machine Blues episodes 1-6 (Complete. A short but sweet side story that kept the charm of the main series.) 4/5

The Tower of Druaga
episodes 1-7

Samurai 7 - Episodes 10 - 18 (Blu-ray)

Still really enjoying this re-watch. One thing I've noticed now (with the benefit of watching lots of other anime in the meantime) is that a couple of episodes have a few scenes where the character artwork and animation looks like it has come straight from a Masaaki Yuasa anime (it has that 'wonky' look like Ping Pong has) but can't find any links between any of Yuasa's works and Samurai 7.

Still really enjoying this re-watch. One thing I've noticed now (with the benefit of watching lots of other anime in the meantime) is that a couple of episodes have a few scenes where the character artwork and animation looks like it has come straight from a Masaaki Yuasa anime (it has that 'wonky' look like Ping Pong has) but can't find any links between any of Yuasa's works and Samurai 7.
Was curious about this so I checked sakugabooru and I'm assuming the scenes were animated by Hisashi Mori. He did quite a lot of scenes in episode 7. His style does seem quite similar but funny enough it looks like him and Yuasa have only worked together on two projects before. Kemonozume and Wanwa the Puppy.

Last edited:
Skip and Loafer ep 1
Similar set up to "Heroines", a country girl moves to Tokyo for school although this one seems based purely in school rather than on extracurricular activities.
Didn't really get much sense of anything really, girl is top entrant, but also a bit of a klutz and that's about it. Not much to go on with the other characters. Says drama and seinen on the MAL tags, which again, isn't too much to go on, so will have to wait and see.

Revenger eps 10-12 (complete)
A show about assassins that kill people for others revenge. The story at the start was interesting, but went on the back burner for a number of "revenge of the week" episodes and when it came back it was difficult to understand what was going on and what the motives of certain people was, the bad guys especially.
Art and animation were pretty good though.
6/10

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too episode 1 Strange souvenirs.

Skip and Loafer episode 1 Barefoot and brisk.
Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season episode 13 Happy returns.

The Tower of Druaga episodes 8-21

Last edited:
Adventurer's Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World (English Dub) Episode 11

The Eminence in Shadow (English Dub) Episode 15

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season
Episode 13

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me - Precious Friends (Film)

My Clueless First Friend - Episode 1 - Not quite as cringe as The Dangers in My Heart, but equally tepid. Our male MC is super positive and sees only positives in people, and the naivite is a tad grating. 3 episode flag for this one, and I might just watch my Watamote blu-rays instead

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! - Season 2, Episode 1 - Its bright, its colourful, its a breezy watch. Feels like this season's By The Grace of Gods, where its just cosy isekai. I wonder if it'll ever get back to the bigger plot hinted at towards the start of season 1?

Skip and Loafer
- Episode 1 - Well, its PA Works, so its top notch to look at. Not their most outstanding premiere ever, but another fun main couple. Not quite as catchy as Yamada-kun at Lv999 but hopefully the rest of the cast will bring it to the next level.

Buddy Daddies ep10-12 [End]

I’m not sure the series will stick much in my memory beyond ‘that was a good looking show’, but yeah, that was nice. I wouldn’t have been adverse to a little more action, but I think they found the right tone for the series.

Couldn‘t have pinned it down to a specific animator as Faust has, but I distinctly remember at least one similar looking scene in Welcome to the NHK, which was also a Gonzo show from around that time, and Mori is credited on it. I remember wondering if it was intended to reflect the unstable mental state of the characters or something…

NieR: Automata Ver1.1a ep 7
Runaway.

Buddy Daddies ep 10
Surprise return.

Urusei Yatsura ep 21
School daze and voodoo people.

KamiKatsu ep 1
An isekai that, so far, has none of the normal tropes. Could be interesting, I'll have to wait and see.

Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! ep 1
Enrolment.
Prequel to the main series following Megumin at magic school.

KonoSuba -An Explosion on This Wonderful World! episode 1 On that day.

The Tower of Druaga episodes 22-24 (Complete. The first half of this series was quite good but the second was more of a mixed bag for me, especially with resolving payoffs.) 3/5

The Way of the Househusband Season 2
episodes 12-16 (Complete. A fun yet brief second season.) 3.5/5

The World is Still Beautiful
episodes 1-6

Last edited:
BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 21

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World Episode 1 Seems interesting enough.

Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Episode 1 This is going to be a fun watch.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 1 (English dubbed) COMPLETE - I really don't like most modern isekai but this is a noteworthy and thoroughly delightful exception, I love how Rimuru mostly wins people over by making friends, being diplomatic, negotiating and generally being a sincere caring person, he doesn't kill unless he has to and when he does he's not sadistic about it - I will def be watching Season 2 and probably The Slime Diaries as well, the dub is very well done as well :)

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 (REWATCH) - Cute and endearing with inventive colourful visuals and a good message, 10/10 would recommend being moved to manly tears by the plight of marshmallows with smiley faces and toads made of butter again 🥲

Only Yesterday (REWATCH, English dubbed) - Watched this again with a friend who hadn't seen it before, and it's a beautiful film with fascinating and nuanced family dynamics and a touching story of finding the courage to follow your dreams and not give up on happiness because of self-doubt. The romance is lovely and you can really see why these two characters fall for each other. Lovely animation and score, though some facial animations on adult characters are drawn and move more awkwardly than on children (I know this film was meant to be more realistic on that count than many at the time, with more detailed adult faces showing signs of ageing, so that is likely the reason why it sometimes looks a touch odd). Was nice to see a range of body types as well rather than just slim, and the film captures the dynamics of a school setting filled with children on the cusp of adolescence in a way that feels well-balanced, neither too rose-tinted nor too horribly unsettling, I also consider the relatively recent English dub (as this was one of the last older Ghibli films to receive one) to be of a very high standard (my friend really enjoyed the movie too btw) :)

Last edited:
Black Clover season 1+2 rewatch, season 3+4
An entertaining shonen show full of all the usual trappings of shonen. Its main draw is the bunch of oddballs that make up the Black Bulls as theyre hugely varied and mostly very engaging.

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves
OMG this movie was excellent! Its so funny and entertaining. The story is simply but well done. The mix of practical and CGI is really well implemented. The acting is great and you can tell everyone had a blast making it, especially Hugh Grant who eats up every scene he's in. You don't need to know anything about DnD to enjoy it, it's a fantasy action comedy anyone can enjoy, but is full of reference and Easter eggs for those that do.

On a Malaysian Airlines plane to KL...
Sing A Bit Of Harmony. Excellent action packed story of an AI schoolgirl.
Life In March - not an anime but the synopsis wad similar enough to make me think it could be a live action version. Turns out ghe lazy person writing the blurbs had just copied the previous one, still, a nice melancholy tale of three friends and the promises and mistake they made.

Crazy Rich Asians - there was only the one anime ans I've been wanting to see this for ages. Absolute hoot, although the scenes of first class didn't sit well with me crammed in a window seat down the back.

Also watched a bit of a Korean supernatural action series ... until I realised that the only episode they had provided was ep11!

And don't get me started on the blurring out of naughty words in yhe first two. Even the word tsunami was blurred. But bastards wasn't. Although my spell check tried to change that to bustards. Back to my hol :)s

Urusei Yatsura ep 22
Big little trouble and imitation.

The Ancient Magus' Bride s2 e1
Enrolling.
It's been 5 years since season 1 and thus I only remember bits and pieces, but the events are mentioned in passing here to summarise what happened.

Dr. Stone: New World ep 1
Mapping and agriculture.

Yuri is My Job ep 1
Just checked and blimey it's been just over 2 years already since I read the first handful of volumes of the manga. I remember most of the major events and characters, but not everything. Seemed to have a little more comedy than I remember, but maybe it's just that the timing was better acted out than how I read it.

Back