Your viewing journal

Romantic Killer eps 7-9
The Prince, another cousin and elementary reunion.

Love Flops ep 4
Springing the trap.

Urusei Yatsura ep 4
Breaking tradition.

My Master Has No Tail ep 6
Stage fright.

Moribito episode 1
Master of Martial Hearts 5
Great fights and proper ending.

Joker's Game episodes 2+4
Golden Boy episode 6
Love the ending.

Golgo 13
Episodes 21 and 23

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Intrigue episode 42 Announcement.

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer episode 17 Pitfall.

My Master Has No Tail episode 6 Performance anxiety.

One Piece episodes 724-746, 752

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 367

Akiba Maid War Episode 5 Birthday surprise.

Bibliophile Princess Episode 5 Non burnable books.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 4 Broken tradition.

Decided it was time to watch some of the movies I've been putting off. Strange that I'm happy to watch 51 episodes of alien frogs invading earth, but a two hour movie is too much effort.
Summer Days with Coo: or Rip van coo as I like to call it. We humans didn't come off too well in that, eh?
A Wrinkle In Time: Been about 40 years since I read the book so I can't criticise any variations from the text. Looked shiny and started well. Then it all fell apart.
Children of the sea: If anyone can explain what was going on..... I haven't been this confused since the ending of 2001. Looked pretty, though.

exception [English Audio] episodes 1-4 -
This is the recent sci-fi horror anime on Netflix with the pedigree of some very well known Japanese creatives behind it. The look of it takes some getting used to but is intriguing so far.

One Piece: Film Red [English Audio] -
This was fun, haven't seen much One Piece but this was entertaining and held my attention despite it. Ado is a terrific singer and I'll be keeping the OST in rotation. Admittedly, I would have been interested to hear Uta's English VA AmaLee sing the songs in the film, but her covers that she's posting will have to do for now. 7/10

Blue Lock episode 5 Knowing nothing.

BOCCHI THE ROCK! episode 5 Sticking by.

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss episode 7 Masks and disguises.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 6 In the night.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 119 Baiting.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 6 Game over.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 6 Before.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 18 Exams.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 20 Drink up.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 6 Display piece.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 5 Shady service.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 5 Neck and neck.

One Piece episodes 753-774, 776

Jujutsu Kaisen 0
Mobile Gundam Suit: The Witch from Mercury
- episodes 1 to 6
Spy x Family Part 2 - episode 6
Blue Lock - episode 5
One Piece - episode 1039
Bleach TYBW - episode 4
Bleach TYBW (Dub) - episode 1
Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun Season 3 - episode 5

Saw One Piece Film RED in a totally empty theatre yesterday. Important Notice: Film RED will spoil events and characters up to the most recent arcs of the manga.

The only other One piece films I've seen are Strong World, Film Z, Stampede and Dead End Adventure. RED is probably the best of these 4, even if I like the content of Z more. The character they invented for this story, Uta, is well fleshed out and characterised. All the fan favourite characters who get involved either have really good or really funny reasons for showing up. A lot of the character animation is really nice. If you enjoy Ado's music then you're in luck because she gets at least 5 musical numbers of different styles. It is a borderline musical. And as someone who prefers Shonen Franchise movies do something unusual... making something that edges on One Piece: The Musical sure is unusual.

The movie has been sold on Red-Haired Shanks being a major player and I feel that was appropriate. If you were looking for a deep introspective exploration of him and his crew then you will be disappointed. But there is enough content to justify the marketing and Shanks is treated with an appropriate amount of gravitas to really sell his role in the franchise. They did well considering there's clearly a lot of restraints in what they can do with him.

Besides one or two little character moments that don't really add up there's not much wrong with the film. It is laser-focused on Uta and Luffy, so the majority of the Straw Hat crew don't get a lot to do. But at least they all are constantly involved in the film and get involved in action scenes. My big complaint is something towards the end. I won't spoil it but it's a very strange development. It is foreshadowed throughout the film but ultimately it's a really weird thing to just drop into One Piece lore. It will either tie into future revelations of the main series or remain complete nonsense they got away with because the movie isn't canon.

But I think this is a good time even if you're a more casual fan.

Last edited:
Beast Tamer Episode 6 In the woods.

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss Episode 7 Disguise.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills Episode 6 Nightime.

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers Episode 5 Heart racing.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 6 Bait.

Spy x Family Episode 18 Tests.

The Little Lies We All Tell Episode 4 Wish.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 Episode 18 Display.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 49 Suspicious service.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 274 Big Mom?

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 3 More than.

One Piece episodes 777-779, 783-798

How a Realist Hero
Episodes 1-4

Easy going and uncomplicated.
Shame the Queen didn't appear much after the 1st episode. I liked her voice.

Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle (Blu-ray)

A bit longer than the first OVA and so this one has a bit more of a fleshed out story. The movie is still the peak Fatal Fury anime but I did like The New Battle, it was a solid and entertaining fighting game anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Blu-ray)

I've seen F91 lots of times now and I think it is a much and unfairly maligned film. Yes, it has some obvious and well documented flaws, but that overlooks an actually half decent story and some fantastic action set pieces, the attack on the Frontier IV colony at the beginning still blows me away, and it really is an incredibly well animated film to boot.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Episodes 20 - 23 (Blu-ray)

Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 6

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 32 - 35 (Blu-ray)

But, but, but - there's no giant mecha in that series! How could you possibly bear to sit through it all?!?!???? ;)

Well I suppose you could count those Garmillan "Cylon" military bots, although they're only human-sized. 🤔

I've been known to make an exception 😂

My Neighbor Totoro live: Does this count? I heartily recommend this show.

It does :), I really want to see it but I can't find a suitable weekend to go.

Last edited:
Back