Your viewing journal

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
A Couple of Cuckoos episodes 23-24 Shrine. (Complete. This series had some promise in the initial cour but I gradually began losing interest during the second, and I’m currently not very inclined to see where the story goes from here.) 3/5

I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss
episodes 1-2 Introduction and underlings.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills episode 1 Fortunate farming skills.

Kingdom 4th Season episode 129 Admission. (Complete. An impressive continuation that opens up the storyline to some exciting prospects - bring on season five!) 4/5

My Hero Academia Sixth Season
episode 114 Preparation.

Pop Team Epic 2nd Season episode 1 Needing each other.

Raven of the Inner Palace episode 1 This could be a promising watch.

Spy x Family Part 2 episode 13 A new companion.

Utawarerumono Mask of Truth episode 15 Just causes.

Uzaki-Chan Wants To Hang Out! Double episode 1 Pining for Summer.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day I: I know What You Did Last Summer Trilogy: I know What You Did Last Summer (1997), I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1999), I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006) (Films)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 388-395

Last edited:

WMD

Railgun
My Hero Academia World Heroes Mission
What a film! Probably my favourite of the MHA films. Really enjoyed how the themes of choice and freedom were explored with the various characters. And in true MHA style it looked absolutely stunning.

Dr Stone: Stone Wars
This show is excellent. I love how into science it is. Some really good twists and turns and closes out the main plot from season 1. Really hope they keep making it as the ending promises big things to come!

Combatants Will Be Dispatched
The ol' villian is a hero trope. Very silly but also pretty funny.

Emma season 1
The show is so glacial that I struggled with it at first but in the second half when the drama ratchets up it all became far more engaging and interesting.

Suppose A Kid From The Last Dungeon Boonies Moved To A Starter Town?
Stupid title but I did enjoy this a lot. It was fun and funny with a likable cast. Nothing groundbreaking or anything but a nice easy watch.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 269 Figuring out.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day II: Urban Legend Trilogy: Urban Legend (1998), Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000), Urban Legends: Bloody Mary (2005) (Films)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 396-403

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
A Couple of Cuckoo's (English Dub) Episode 21

A Couple of Cuckoo's Episode 23-24 (Complete. A series with a premise that initially piqued my interest with it's first cour which sadly I also lost interest in during the second, with that I'll unlikely be checking out the manga to see how the story concludes.) 3/5

Beast Tamer
Episode 1 Fateful encounter.

I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss Episode 2 Subordinates.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved My Farm-Related Skills Episode 1 An OP farmer.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 1 I'm looking forward to another season.

Spy x Family Episode 13 Furry friend.

The Maid I Hired Recently is Mysterious Episode 10 Gift.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2 Episode 13 This should be another fun season.

Orgun

Dragon Knight
Mobile Suit Gundam : The Witch from Mercury - Episode 1

I really liked this first episode of The Witch from Mercury and I can't wait to see more.

Venus Wars (Blu-ray)

It feels like I'm on a bit of a Yas kick at the moment! I bought Venus Wars for the fourth time in the recent(ish) Right Stuf birthday sale, this time the Sentai Blu-ray release (having bought it VHS, DVD and then the Discotek Blu-ray) and I've been keen to watch it since the package arrived.

I've seen Venus Wars lots of times in the last 30 years and it continues to stand up really well for me. I think a lot of the way the story places out is still so relevant today and this film will always be a favourite of mine.

This Sentai version is meant to look better than the Discotek release and in places it does but it's not a night and day difference overall.

Super Beast Machine God Dancouga - Episodes 19 - 21 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episode 105 & 106 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 continues to entertain me, this two part story about Martial Arts Dining was absolutely brilliant and had that perfect Ranma 1/2 mix of comedy and character drama.

D1tchd1gger

Baka Ranger
Pop Team Epic s2 e1
After a few minutes I remembered why I dropped the first season. It just a bit too random, though it got a couple of laughs out of me.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury ep 1
Duel.
Don't know why the MC is being played as so nervous out of her mech when she's so confident in her piloting skills. Feels a little of an odd juxtaposition.

SPY x FAMILY p2 e1
Pet shopping.

Golden Kamuy s4 e1
How's your luck.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 37 Peeker.

Management of a Novice Alchemist episode 1 Enhanced fashion accessory.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day III: Them! (1954) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 404-405, 408-414

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
I'm the Villainess So I'm Taming The Final Boss ep1: Another of these weird shows about otome games from a writer who has apparently never played otome games. It's not terrible, just pointlessly middle-of-the-road. Feels like a bunch of executives got together and brainstormed elements that would appeal to women and just threw it all together with no consideration for originality, coherence or entertainment value (which is weird when it originated as a LN with an actual author) but that's nothing new. At least the final boss guy seems decent; a rarity. I've seen everything that happened before in other shows, though.

Beast Tamer ep1: Speaking of having seen everything that happened in other shows... wow. The low budget knock-off Spice & Wolf remake nobody asked for, with added 'cutesy slavery' themes, a desperate attempt to copy the formula of all of the 'wronged hero' garbage we've been getting in the last few years and probably the worst character writing of the season. This has to be the nadir of the autumn season, right? Thank goodness I got it out of the way!

Raven of the Inner Palace ep1: Not much was really explained in the first episode but it didn't insult my intelligence and managed a decent ending partway through the central mystery story which made me want to keep watching. It had a distinct visual style too (unlike the other two). And I was never taken out of the action so that some idiot could ask random strangers to explain his own world for the benefit of the viewer every two minutes; the characters spoke like real people. A keeper for now.

Golden Kamuy s4 ep1: It's a very consistent series, and never afraid to do its own thing or poke fun at its surprisingly colourful cast of weirdos. There were a few great visual gags but at the same time, the plot kept moving and it wasn't filler. A good tonic to wash the bad memories of Beast Tamer away. It also has more beasts in each episode than Beast Tamer is likely to, and uses them better to boot.

Spy x Family s2 ep1: A so-so episode but now we're all reintroduced I'm sure I'll enjoy what follows, even if it's not going to be full of all that many surprises as a shounen show to the core.

R

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit episode 1 Recap.

Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season episode 11 Decisions and denial.

Shinobi no Ittoki episode 1 Confession.

31 Days of Halloween 2022! Day IV: House of Wax (1953) (Film)

One Piece (Rewatch)
episodes 415-423