Your viewing journal

Shin Mazinger 8 (I can't be the only person here watching this, can I?)

Okay, so after one episode seemingly composed entirely of spoilers, a good first episode then five episodes in what seemed like real time but with very little plot progression, ep. 8 was actually pretty good. It came up with some clever backstories and character development, and seemed to set the scene for the series to begin proper at the end. Just a shame we're almost a third of the way through already.

Fullmetal Alchemist 5-8

The fifth episode presented a reasonably tense highjacking scenario, but the sixth, with that annoying brat whose English actress voices her like a baby, was easily the most boring so far. Episode 7 started where the previous one left off and I began to have that sinking feeling.

Then that happened and I was reminded of why I found those first few episodes so enthralling. Even though it was foreshadowed, it was still a shocking moment. My eyes were glued to the screen throughout the final episode on the disc and now I want MOAR.

Tenchi Muyo GXP : Eps 1 to 7 - even though it has a few laugh out loud moments, it's not even in the same league as the original and the characters are as generic looking as anything i've ever seen.

Also, just how shite are the Veridian box sets - Cardboard pockets glued together in a corflakes packet, c'mon.

Weekly series I've been keeping up to date with, as usual.

New FMA - The death of That Man happened, and I must say I wasn't touched at all, not because it did it wrong in the emotional department, I've seen it all before so it never moved me. What I am waiting for is when King Bradley AKA Nick Fury AKA Manga Wrath utterly destroys Greed.

Guin Saga - The battle against Mongaul is STILL going, but it's not really gotten boring... yet. This series basically made all classic RPG games.

Eden of the East - Nobuyuki Hiyama dies after one episode, and there's only two episodes left to go, the movie better provide or this series is just one big hyped waste. There, I said it.

Queen's Blade - It took TEN whole episodes for Reina to learn to fight and there's only two episodes left.... CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2. Not really.

Watched all 13 episodes of Ouran provided by Manga so far and I loved it, all of the characters are charming, it makes me laugh and the music is win too. Honestly not one episode or character I didn't like, but there's only one downfall to this show, let's be honest... nothing really happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tasker said:
Also, just how shite are the Veridian box sets - Cardboard pockets glued together in a cornflakes packet, c'mon.
I told y'all it would happen, BUT DID YOU LISTEN!?

Cheapskate Packaging Prophecy No. 2: Cases with holes in to save on plastic...

Synchronised facepalming in three... two... one...

Tench Muyo GXP : Eps 8 to 11 - Getting slightly better, but not by much, the main characters are just so instantly forgetable they blend in with the background characters.

**** you Lupus, you just spoiled FMA for me by putting spoilers in spoiler tags.

I rewatched the first three episodes of Claymore last night. Because I was tired and the first four episodes aren't amazing, I struggled to stay awake. The fact I recently read the manga didn't help on the interest front, either.

Mushishi up to V3. Man, that series is slow paced. The art and the nature of the stories (mix of japanese folklore with supernatural) makes it worth it though.

You reminded me to buy the last volume of Mushishi some time, Chaos.

First two episodes of Kino's Journey, I expected the bike to have like... human eyes and a mouth while talking the way Aion described it a while back, it's not even that bad. Last time I listen to Aion.

Back