Your viewing journal

Final Fantasy Unilited is rated worse than Melody of Oblivion on MAL. That alone scares me when most MAL users are tasteless douches (Americans dig this insult).

I need to get around to reading Rozen Maiden. I won an auction for the series awhile back but haven't got around to starting it. Watching DearS has made me wary of going near another Peach Pit story.

chaos said:
"It was reported that Aso (Japan's PM) was seen reading the manga "Rozen Maiden" in Tokyo International Airport, which earned him the sobriquet "His Excellency Rozen". He admitted in an interview that he had read the manga; however, he said he did not remember whether he had read it in an airport"
Being a naive Otaku, it's things like this which cause my opinions of this man to always be positive. Since he's a Prime Minister I ought to be more critical of his policy than adamant of his person, but that's just not as interesting!

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Oh, and anyone else think this guy has to be the twin brother (or given the timeframe, perhaps son) of Richard Wong from Patlabor?
Heh, just noticed this. Now that you mention it... I've always hated how the perpetually smirking twat never got his comeuppance

So, overall verdict on Bubblegum Crisis? The only disappointment is the lack of an ending. Bubblegum Crash continues the story but is generally regarded as not being true to the spirit of Crisis. Or very good.

I note that you haven't seen Cyber City. It's no BGC but you might enjoy it.
:D "I'll never get my comeuppance, do you hear me? No comeuppance!"

I never could quite bring myself to hate 'ol Wong-san. He might have been a nasty piece of work, but much like Light Yagami's evil grinning, I couldn't help but smirk along with him. Plus it leaves the door open for a sequel to the TV series timeline...

WRT BGC, checked my MAL favourites recently? ;)

Yeah, absolutely loved it. The stories weren't exactly as deep or thought provoking as my most favourite shows, but it had strong female leads kicking **** to an awesome sound track in a beautifully animated sci-fi setting. which is everything I think entertainment should be. Will check out Cyber City - but only three episodes? That'll be even more heartbreaking if I like it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aion said:
I need to get around to reading Rozen Maiden. I won an auction for the series awhile back but haven't got around to starting it. Watching DearS has made me wary of going near another Peach Pit story.
It's a show full of lolicom, master and servants etc.

Anyway, I like DearS almost as much as I liked Chobits, but Rozen Maiden is MUCH better than any of those.

OT - just finished Rozen Maiden and I will start Peacemaker Kurogane now.

Well, one would hope you don't need to point out the times that you're posting <i>on</i> topic. :p But in all seriousness, the entire thing is moot since everyone moved on from 56k modems.

Just finished watching FMA: Brotherood episode 9 and i thought it was pretty good overall. Catches the emotion/problems of Ed and Al well at this point. Episode 10 will be a horrible one for many i expect though, its something everyone knew was coming though i would expect.

Also, recognise anyone here, bar winry of course:
recogniseanyone.jpg

Bubblegum Crisis ep. 1

Exactly what I was expecting from the series; Quality. I could get into this classic anime stuff...

Arbalest said:
Just finished watching FMA: Brotherood episode 9 and i thought it was pretty good overall. Catches the emotion/problems of Ed and Al well at this point. Episode 10 will be a horrible one for many i expect though, its something everyone knew was coming though i would expect.

Also, recognise anyone here, bar winry of course:
recogniseanyone.jpg

You could see them at the station in the original series and in the manga, but they're harder to spot. xP

fabricatedlunatic said:
Maltos said:
Bubblegum Crisis ep. 1
Exactly what I was expecting from the series; Quality. I could get into this classic anime stuff...
Bwahahaha. The master plan is coming to fruition :twisted:

On classic series that I've seen in my childhood and I'm trying to track down is Zillion. Unfortunately, only a few episodes have been released in english in the old VHS days :(

Claymore Volume 5. Death lots of death. Lots of what character was that just died was it a main, I have no idea they look so alike.

Naruto Uncut Box Set 14. Okay filler, better than Box Set 13.

Peacemaker Kurogane V1 and 2
Shinsengumi fun. It's interesting to see yet another incarnation of Saito, Okita, Hijikata, etc.

L/R: 8-13
NieA 7: 8-13

Spyro201 said:
Wolfs Rain OVA 1-2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFpI7ZfPRUY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFpI7ZfPRUY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I daren't watch that Aion incase I get a spoiler ;)

Toboe and the old dude died! LIKE WTF!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back