Your viewing journal

Rui said:
English-speaking guy in Japan who will buy them for you and ship to the UK if you give him a small commission (he's lovely):

http://www.otokichi.com/

R
Rui, it's as if you just pointed a large vacuum tube (imagine the one Lum uses to suck up wedding guests in Urusei Yatsura: Only You) straight at my bank account. That improves the cost of ordering from Amazon Japan substantially. Cheers! :D

I tried to get ahold of the Bubblegum Crisis Vocal collection CDs a few years ago, but in typical fasion, the only time I actually managed to find a copy of them, I had no money. :cry:

I managed to obtain the first 2 of them as mp3 using slightly dodgy means, but the moment I find legit copies they're mine.

I'm a bit piddled off that I couldn't get the third one though as it has Mad Machine on it and I love that song.

-EDIT-

Found a track listing...

http://www.ex.org/4.8/36-cd_bgc.html

Just finished Moonphase 6 / 10 - I almost drop the series after watching the opening.
If they didn't try so ahrd to make it cute, the series would be much much better.

Not much recently but here we go:

Gintama 3-6: Yay for complete randomness and..just Gintama goodness. Its great to watch when you want something humorous to indulge in

FMA: Brotherhood 8: Very good episode i thought, battles where short but sweet and it was entertaining to watch. Far preferring this to what i saw of the original series.

Gantz 7-12

It was great until the second "game", which has already taken up three episodes. The action sequences in this show are terribly paced, with characters standing around talking and having inner monolgues for minutes at a time while others are in mortal danger. I can only conclude that Hiroya Oku is a fan of shounen fighting anime. It's so agonizingly slow.

As promised, Death Note 29-37

Fantastic nail biting penultimate episode, but the end was sadly forseeable. I was all but ready to notch my rating up to ten, but it stays at nine. That's an automatic point deduction if I can see the end coming from the very beginning. Will write more when head doesn't ache from heat and lack of food.

One thing wasn't resolved which I was hoping would at least be touched upon; There seemed to be a big deal made of when Ryuk told Light that when he died he would "Neither go to Heaven nor to Hell" but then we never did see his ultimate fate. I had money on him being forced to be a Shinigami himself for the rest of eternity, but never mind. Guess I didn't see that... not coming.

ayase said:
As promised, Death Note 29-37

Fantastic nail biting penultimate episode, but the end was sadly forseeable. I all but ready to notch my rating up to ten, but it stays at nine. That's an automatic point deduction if I can see the end coming from the very beginning. Will write more when head doesn't ache from heat and lack of food.

One thing wasn't resolved which I was hoping would at least be touched upon; There seemed to be a big deal made of when Ryuk told Light that when he died he would "Neither go to Heaven nor to Hell" but then we never did see his ultimate fate. I had money on him being forced to be a Shinigami himself for the rest of eternity, but never mind. Guess I didn't see that... not coming.

Read the final chapter of the manga, you may be slightly happier then.

I also belive Ryuk said earlier on Light couldnt become a Shinigami, but that could be my memory playing tricks on me.

On-Topic: Wolfs Rain 15-21

Finished off soul eater, watching 43-51 after a long hiatus.
Also watched 3 episodes of princess resurrection and episodes 2-3 of "Eden of the east"

Ayarse, search for the definition of nothingness.

I've told you before but, in case you were too lazy to move your eyes across the screen, read chapter 107 to see the proper ending.

Aion & Spyro said:
Read Chapter 107.
That's better.

See I was presuming in a world with a Shinigami realm there would be a Heaven and Hell too, but I'm actually pleased there isn't. Why on earth wasn't that ending animated? The part where Ryuk agrees to Light's request to "write" was a far more exciting climax, even though you still knew what was coming. I did notice the "Mu" insert card, but compared to that flashback in the manga it was a pretty lazy way to get it across.

I will definitely be getting the manga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched most of Vandread so far. For a show with a premise almost a set up for fan service and smutty jokes there is very little of that kind of thing. The story works quite well with okay characters. The only real draw back so far is the CGI does not integrate with the animation very well being an earlier show, however the actual animation is really quite nice.

Just watched the first episode of Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig, was pretty awesome.
Unfortunately I missed the finale of the first series, figures, the one time I forget to record.

ayase said:
Aion & Spyro said:
Read Chapter 107.
That's better.

See I was presuming in a world with a Shinigami realm there would be a Heaven and Hell too, but I'm actually pleased there isn't. Why on earth wasn't that ending animated? The part where Ryuk agrees to Light's request to "write" was a far more exciting climax, even though you still knew what was coming. I did notice the "Mu" insert card, but compared to that flashback in the manga it was a pretty lazy way to get it across.

I will definitely be getting the manga.

Yeah, Madhouse removed the final twist with the marathon at the end of the anime.

Where as the mangaka instructed the artist to make Light look pathetic right to the end, Madhouse gave Light a far more sympathic ending. They also made Ryuk look kind instead of pure evil, which sucked because Ryuk not appearing very often in the last half of the story was an attempt to divert the viewers attention away from him.

Madhouse suck at endings at general. I thought the final episode was fantastic with all its camera angles and Light's gesturing...until the marathon part started. I have no idea why they changed a perfectly good ending.

They did the same sort of thing with Claymore, though the situation was different with that because the manga wasn't/isn't complete. Instead of ending it like the Berserk anime - on a major cliffhanger - Madhouse went for a totally different ending that failed to end anything. All it did was make it impossible for a sequel series to continue the story.

As for the ending being predictable, it was supposed to be pretty clear how it'd end from the start. Remember Ryuk warning Light that he'd be the one to write his name in his notebook after Light kept showing a lack of respect? He never listened. He was too arrogant to realize that he'd never be more than the plaything of a shinigami.

The manga isn't better than the anime, though. The first half is identical to the anime, but once Ladies night is out of the way Madhouse removed a lot in order to fix the problems the manga has. Large portions of the second half of the manga are needless and boring, not liked by fans, and that's why Madhouse cut around half of it, going through eight chapters in one episode once. The first half of the story had 25 episodes, yet the second half only had 11.5 - that tells its own story.

It's worth picking up the manga for £3.99 a shot, but don't expect to see a better story, the ending aside. I'd only recommend picking up the final volume for the ending and volume 13 for the interviews and pilot chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried to watch advent children but I couldn't go through with it.
My survival insincts just wouldn't let me do it to myself.

...might watch Howl's Moving Castle instead.

Bubblegum Crisis 6-8

:cry: I am sad because there is no more to watch. Death Note and Bubblegum Crisis over within two days of each other... Can any anime fill that void?

::looks over at long neglected Wolf's Rain set::

::raises eyebrows::

screen-135545.png

Oh, and anyone else think this guy ^ has to be the twin brother (or given the timeframe, perhaps son) of Richard Wong from Patlabor?

Back