Your viewing journal

Fantastic Children 1-3

Wow. I can only surmise that the reason this show has received so little attention is because of the DVD covers and the perception that it's a kids' show. It's not. It's actually an intruiging dark fantasy story about reincarnation which, admittedly, had me a little confused until I read the booklet included with the first volume. And the backgrounds are amazing. It's not surprising that art director <A href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1698">Nizo Yamamoto</a> has worked on crapload of Ghibli films.

Kuronane Communication. Post-apocalyptic show on Warth after some great war only robots are left and a single human girl Haruka who lives with 5 robots. Not a bad show with enough action and comedy, the only thing I found was that Haruka seemed too happy for being the last human left on Earth.

Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu It was worth staying up to get this finished, loved it, a nice look into Shiki's past and her relationship with Mikiya.

Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen ep 2 Okay so this is retelling of the series then, good now we've cleared that up.

Asura Cryin ep 2 So far okay, it had a lot less going on then the last episode and was light on revealing plot but we'll see were this is going to go.

MONONOKE said:
Elfen Lied episodes 1-4
From what I remember, by this point you'll have experienced all the ways in which this show can shock the viewer. Though plenty of bloodshed remains, by now you should be able to know whether it's your sort of thing. The violence is now introduced in full, allowing for the drama and pathos to be the focus of the viewers' attention.

Over the last couple of days i've watched:

Hellsing Ultimate 4 - more vampire goodness, really like the voice acting in this so far i have to say, i think the VA's certainly capture their particular roles well(english cast i mean). Looking forward to the next volume, more vampire nazi's vs Hellsing is always welcome.

Slayers 1-6: I won't say more than i like it here, i'll talk more on it in the discussion for it.

I haven't been watching anime at all for a while, but Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and listening to the AnimeWorldOrder podcast have rekindled my love for all things anime earlier than I was planning (I have a huge anime backlog and I intended to get back into anime AFTER my college exams :/)

So, basically, FMA 2 is great so far. And I also watched the first episode of Baccano! on FUNimation's site and it didn't make a lot of sense at all. Still, Daryl Surat on AWO says to stick with it so I think I will :]

Zin5ki said:
MONONOKE said:
Elfen Lied episodes 1-4
From what I remember, by this point you'll have experienced all the ways in which this show can shock the viewer. Though plenty of bloodshed remains, by now you should be able to know whether it's your sort of thing. The violence is now introduced in full, allowing for the drama and pathos to be the focus of the viewers' attention.

Elfen Lied is rewatch for me :p as it's an awesome anime =D

MONONOKE said:
Zin5ki said:
MONONOKE said:
Elfen Lied episodes 1-4

Elfen Lied is rewatch for me :p as it's an awesome anime =D
That reminds me, I'll have to rewatch Elfen Lied at some point, as I really enjoyed it the first time.

Anyway OT: Haibane Renmei volumes 3 and 4.

Back