Your viewing journal

Finished GTO. Ending was actually alright, I'm glad Onizuka could finally help Miyabi though. Wish it could have went on longer and had those Gundam freaks as recurring characters.

"0080? Don't you know what that is? Gundam: 0080 War in my pocket?"
"They say if you like Zeta then you like war."
"What about G Gundam?"
"That show is just for little kids."

"Hey, don't you think Kanzaki has the same hair as Sayla?"
"Yeah!"

ilmaestro said:
Hehe, Gundam Wing is quite good fun.

You know, if you're a big yaoi 'shipper. ;)

No, seriously, I quite enjoyed Wing. Not from anything other than a Saturday morning cartoon type angle, but from that angle it's pretty entertaining.

:p come on now its his first Gundam show lol, i'm surprised you liking it myself like, Spyro but we'll see if you can make it till the end that's the next step :)

Gundam Wing - 3
Appleseed Ex Machina

Gundam is shaping up to be a pretty fun show

Appleseed, sadly, couldnt live up to the glory of its prequel. Applseed (2004) was brilliant because, the ideas seemed pheasable. It seemed close to reality in a way, and the romance act of the plot wasnt really emphasised, sadly, Ex Machina went a bit over the top with its plot, and really pushed the romance as it was the dominant theme quite a few times.

The main reasson I say Appleseed (2004) was better? It kept me hooked all the way through. Ex Machina, I felt more like I was pushing myself through it. Still very good though, it only dragged at points. Still looked beautiful. I give it 9/10, regardless of those negatives.

Edit// Just watched Gundam Wing ep 4. Man, the more I see this show, the more I think those Gundam pilots are cocks. (Heeeeero and the kid with Black hair, anyway).

Full Metal Panic V6 and V7 - it's a great series, even though I knew everything before hand, as I've read the manga.

And now I seriously want the second raid =P

Spyro201 said:
Appleseed, sadly, couldnt live up to the glory of its prequel. Applseed (2004) was brilliant because, the ideas seemed pheasable. It seemed close to reality in a way, and the romance act of the plot wasnt really emphasised, sadly, Ex Machina went a bit over the top with its plot, and really pushed the romance as it was the dominant theme quite a few times.

The main reasson I say Appleseed (2004) was better? It kept me hooked all the way through. Ex Machina, I felt more like I was pushing myself through it. Still very good though, it only dragged at points. Still looked beautiful. I give it 9/10, regardless of those negatives.

I thought you would like them. I agree with the 2004 film being greater. I won't recommend the original movie though. It's really weak compared with the CGI movies.

chaos said:
Spyro201 said:

I thought you would like them. I agree with the 2004 film being greater. I won't recommend the original movie though. It's really weak compared with the CGI movies.

Argh don't tell me that i still have the original movie to watch...techincally Ex Machina as well but i've lost control of the big tv for the time being >_>

BlackWolf said:
chaos said:
Spyro201 said:

Just dont watch the OVA. Simple. lol.

Argh don't tell me that i still have the original movie to watch...techincally Ex Machina as well but i've lost control of the big tv for the time being >_>

Chobits 1-4: Awesome! Chi is wayyyyyy too cute, though :x

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG 1-3: I haven't seen the 1st gig but.. wow! Incredible artwork. Not very gripping and I'm not a fan of cyberpunk but it's enjoyable never the less.

BlackWolf said:
ilmaestro said:

No, seriously, I quite enjoyed Wing. Not from anything other than a Saturday morning cartoon type angle, but from that angle it's pretty entertaining.

:p come on now its his first Gundam show lol, i'm surprised you liking it myself like, Spyro but we'll see if you can make it till the end that's the next step :)
Heh, it was my first Gundam show, too, when it was airing on Cartoon Network. ^_^ Probably explains why I still hold good memories of it. I've only been into anime for eight or nine years or however long ago that would have been.

ilmaestro said:
BlackWolf said:
ilmaestro said:

Heh, it was my first Gundam show, too, when it was airing on Cartoon Network. ^_^ Probably explains why I still hold good memories of it. I've only been into anime for eight or nine years or however long ago that would have been.

It was late 2000 early 2001 when wing started on the Toonami block :p my first gundam as well, and my first real introduction to the mecha genre aside from a Robotech movie my brother tried to get me to watch when i was young which was infact a vastly edited Megazone 23. Still good times, of course i followed Wing up with G Gundam back in the day

Yeah, that sounds exactly right, me finishing up my A-Levels.

The next Gundam I watched wasn't until I saw First while I was in Japan in my second year of Uni. Massive Gundam fanboy ever since. ^_^

lol nice i did finally see the first series after a while, although i had already watched the three movies. I may not be as massive gundam fan as i once was but i still know my stuff...i think :p plus my F91 Gundam model stands proudly on my computer desk

I somehow missed the whole Code Geass thing over the summer so am now playing catch up with series 1. Up to episode 5 so far, suprised to see the witch C.C eating from a Pizza Hut box.

Advertising in anime? Who knew... 0_0

C.C. is called Pizza Butt for good reason. In case of density, she's always eating pizza and has a fairly large bum.

After finally finishing rewatching S1 of AMG, which took weeks because my anime drive isn't much higher than my will to live, I moved onto S2. I rewatched the first 8 episodes and then moved into the unwatched episode section. It was a long, and rather dull, journey but I got there in the end.

So far, S2 has had a fair amount of win but has also had its fair share of fail. It's been something of balancing act up to the point I'm at (episode 16). On one hand I've enjoyed many of the one-shot episodes, the one involving the plum spirit singing to express his love for Urd, once on national TV, being very funny, and the episodes showing Skuld maturing as she fell in love with a boy were great (and her angel was gorgeous!). However, on the not-so-positive side, I'm getting tired of Belldandy being a complete doormat and Keiichi being a wimp -- I'm seriously starting to question if they'll ever do anything beyond look cute together. The 4 episodes involving a slutty Goddess trying to 'please' Keiichi were annoying because neither Keiichi or Belldandy did anything to stop her getting in the way of their relationship... Really, they have been equally pathetic in S2. I cold accept their relationship not progressing much at the start of the story but they've now been together, living like a couple, for over a year, with nothing happening between them.

Still, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and it's still an 8/10 series in my book despite my issues with it. The rating will eventually drop if it's going to be a case of each new series repeating jokes and featuring no KeiichixBelldandy action. I may think of myself as a romantic but I still want to see some action before I'm 30!

Back