Your viewing journal

decided to take a break from the more comedic anime stylings of Naruto and Tactics and instead have been watching Death Note which is actually one series that I do watch with subs (despite my dislike of them) because I think Ryuk only sounds right with a Japanese voice.

Now I just need to get me a copy of the live action movies

Devilman Lady Ep 3-6 - The scene with Kazumi discovering her dead parents is quite horrifying. Hearing her scream and seeing her reaction is spine chilling. The following episodes are the weak episodes of the series. It goes all "Mosnter of the Week" for a few episodes.

Escaflowne Ep 3-6 Hitomi is getting less annoying but Princess Millerna is a total bitch. I hate her so much. The plot is quite fast moving, which is nice. It's such an epic series, and yet it's only 26 episodes. Sunrise easily could have made it 52 episodes. Thank God they didn't.

Nadesico Ep 3-6 Poor Gai ;_;. The whole funeral thing was a little tedious. I don't find that part funny. Seemed more like filler, really. Aside from that, eveything is as awesome as ever.

Now completed Wolf's Rain. God series. I enjoyed it threw till the end. Infact, it even left me wanting more which is a sign of a good anime. Pritty damn harsh in places like lol.

Watched Bleach 199-200 tother day also. Quite good tho once again, the fights are dragging a lil.

Also got almost uptodate with Naruto Shippuuden and watched episodes 83-89. Yay! They actually worked hard on the animation in these episodes. Some great fight scenes that look very pritty, people got injured and there's a couple of flash backs. On the whole, not the worst I've seen by a mile.

Now staring at volume 1 of Mushishi. Think I mite make a start on this and see what it's like.

Final Fantasy Advent Children. I have no idea what it is about (despite seeing it several times) but the fight scenes and the graphics are simply amazing

It is anime right?

theunderfiend said:
Final Fantasy Advent Children. I have no idea what it is about (despite seeing it several times) but the fight scenes and the graphics are simply amazing

It is anime right?

Yeah it counts, just like the CGI Appleseed movie :)

Black Blood Brothers

I don't know what it was about this series but I enjoyed it. It had quite a few things that I usually complain about in terms of the animation but I just found I wanted to watch it and enjoyed it when I did.

Maybe it was because it had a dark undertone and it was about vampires :D

Nadesico Prince Of Darkness. I was only half watching as I thought I could remember it. Turns out I did not and now will have to re-watch it properly.

Paranoia Agent 1-7 (rewatch)

It's been a while since I watched these first seven episodes so I thought it wise to rewatch in preparation for the final six, which is unchartered territory. Why did I wait so long? Not only is Paranoia Agent a fascinating commentary on the stress and paranoia of modern life, it's an utterly brilliant mindfuck to boot; just when you think you have a handle on what's going on, it throws a curveball. Kon's direction is, as ever, fantastic.

Bubblegum Crisis 1-2 (rewatch)

Thought I'd take a look at the HD version of one of my favourite anime ever. Seriously, I've long since lost the ability to view this show with any objectivity whatsoever. I know it has flaws, but I just don't care. Everything about it enthralls me: the songs, the design, that uniquely 80s vision of a futuristic metropolis... there's just nothing else like it.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Bubblegum Crisis 1-2 (rewatch)

Thought I'd take a look at the HD version of one of my favourite anime ever. Seriously, I've long since lost the ability to view this show with any objectivity whatsoever. I know it has flaws, but I just don't care. Everything about it enthralls me: the songs, the design, that uniquely 80s vision of a futuristic metropolis... there's just nothing else like it.
It's a shame it was only 8 episodes long. Bubblegum Crisis would be one of my favourites if it was actually finished.

Maxon said:
It's a shame it was only 8 episodes long. Bubblegum Crisis would be one of my favourites if it was actually finished.
Yeah, that's one of the flaws I alluded to. Somehow, though, it doesn't matter to me. I just love BGC for what it is.

Just finished the excellent Orguss 02. Thoughts in the "rate out of 10" thread.

Back