Your viewing journal

Haven't watched too much over Christmas with being busy with... well... Xmas I guess.

Watched the 1st Episode of Fruit Basket to see what it was like after hearing so many things about it. I really enjoyed it actually. The animation style was enjoyable and I laughed along with the humour. I hear the manga is far superior (as is usually the case) but I will definately be watching the rest of this series at some point.

Watched the two Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs the other week. Read the manga early last year and really enjoyed it. It's no the kind of story wheer anything really happens though. It's more of an idea or a vision I guess. Not one for everyone but I found the anime and manga very relaxing and almost wishing I lived in an apocalyptic future where only 5% of the earths population survive and Robots strole around taking pictures of things for fun lol.

Also watching Wolf's Rain at the moment. Watching it mainly to see what the hype was about at the time of it's release. Seen eisodes 1-28 so only two to go till another series is completed. Not the best series I've seen by a long shot but can see where the intrest came from. It does thro a few suprises out there that I found harsh but enjoyable at the same time. Looking forward to seeing what the last two episodes bring. Just hope they don't throw it away now.

Also watched Bleach episodes 194 - 198 last night. Still enjoying the series but not as wired to it as I used to be.

Toward the Terra 5-12

After the relatively blistering first four episodes, the pace has slowed considerably. And there's been two timeskips, which may or may not be some kind of record. So I'm yet to be wowed but I expect the show's second half to deliver on a massively epic scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started my rewatching of the 3 best series of the 90s: Devilman Lady, Escaflowne and Martian Successor Nadesico.

Escaflowne Ep1 - I told myself I should try to watch the dub version but my ears protested too much. After getting halfway through I restarted the episode in Japanese. Despite the setback from before, it was still a fantastic episode.

Devilman Lady Ep1 - A brilliant dub and still is the best first episode of any anime. Seeing the floating mask/face at the window is creepy as hell, but very atmospheric.

Martian Successor Nadesico Ep1 - Good episode but I'm waiting on Gai having his brief moment in the spotlight. Gai makes Kamina look like a wuss.

Maxon said:
Devilman Lady Ep1 - A brilliant dub and still is the best first episode of any anime. Seeing the floating mask/face at the window is creepy as hell, but very atmospheric.
I regret not buying Devil(man) Lady when the R1 was available. There's a chance that ADV might re-issue the DVDs, I suppose, but I'm not hopeful.

For some crazy reason I watched the first 3 episodes of Burst Angel. I want those 75 minutes back. Absolute tripe.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Maxon said:
I regret not buying Devil(man) Lady when the R1 was available. There's a chance that ADV might re-issue the DVDs, I suppose, but I'm not hopeful.
I got my boxset off eBay about 1 month ago. If you check eBay periodically (once a week or so), you might find a boxset. If you can't be bothered, the single volumes are available on various anime DVD websites.

Ghost Talker's Daydream. Way too short it needs more episodes. You should know what's coming if you know anything about the series so the fan service is pretty much negated and is actually part of the story at times.

Devilman Lady Ep2 - Jun still trying to fight her urges makes for decent drama, despite her being a bit annoying at times.

Nadesico Ep2 - Akito is whiny as ever but he's already starting to become show the signs of how awesome he becomes later on.

Escaflowne Ep2 - Melefs are so cool. I want one. Something about a medievil mecha is so much cooler than regular mechs.

ep 91 of Naurto Shipp

all i can say is... good god that dance in the end theme is going to be a bigger fad than Hare hare was..........

and i may comit Seppuku if it is so

Naruto Uncut Box set 11. I am not sure whether the episodes on these discs are filler or not. It would not surprise me though if there were not as they do seem to take the story on, just not very quickly.

finished My-Hime - volumes 5 and 6 are too awesome, volume 7 wraps things up nicely, but not in a trully epic way thought. It's an great series altogether.

Back