Your viewing journal

Amy: If you're fully aware of the flaws and actually agree with me, someone who rates the series 7/10, how can you rank it so highly? That doesn't sit right with me.

Watching 19-21 was more difficult than I expected it to be. The series is moving at a horribly slow pace due to the love triangle aspect, which is a bit of an issue when I feel indifferent about it. I don't feel anything for the pathetic big-boobed girl, the only thing about Shana I like is how she repeats "Shut up!" three times and Yuji is completely plain. For a love triangle to work you have to be made to care about the people involved, and I don't.

I know season 2 is supposed to be full of filler rubbish. I'm not going to go near it unless I get the series on DVD for cheap. If it really is worse than the first series then it just goes to show how easily pleased most anime fans are - it's only a few points behind the first series rating on MAL.

Luppy: Everyone who watches Noein likes it and is hooked by the end of the first episode. If not for the lack of major plot point explanations and a few quantum physics headaches then I would've rated it 10/10. It was a serious bargain for only £15 new in a lovely, full-sized box set (R1 set). And, yes, the soundtrack is indeed most awesome, Karasu's themes being my favourite pieces.

-------

Anyway. Aside from watching 19-21 of Shana, I've watched 5-12 of xxxHolic (all I have on DVD) and 6/6 of Orguss 2.

xxxHolic is an over-rated CLAMP series that hasn't done much for me. Each episode has contained an individual story, which has stopped there being any flow and means that the quality jumps around a lot. It's enjoyable enough for me to want to pick up the final 12 episodes of S1 on DVD but, at this pont at least, it's no more than a 7/10 series.

Orguss 2 is a watchable mess. It's being sold for £2.99 and very few have watched it for good rason. If there had been more character development then it might've been decent - rather than slowly change, the characters did things without build-up. I ended the series not really caring for the cast, or the story for that matter. I give it 6/10 for being short enough for me to complete and having two great lines of dialogue.

Dracos said:
chaos said:
Kamichu! volumes 1, 2, 3 & half way through 4 now.

I hope you are enjoying it I thought it was great show.

I've finished that earlier today and moved on to karekano.

Kamichu! is a great show. I found particularly enjoyable those episodes were the shinto influences are more in evidence.

Urusei Yatsura TV 63-66

These four episodes are the first "new" Urusei Yatsura material I've watched since I bought volume 16 of the TV series years ago. As I sat through episode 63, in which Ryunnosuke is introduced, I remembered why I stopped back then. It just wasn't as funny and fresh as it was at the beginning and when I was a teenager.

But something compelled me to keep watching, and by the time I was done with the fantastic 66th episode, I'd started to fall in love with the characters and the random insanity all over again. I have no idea how long this renaissance will last, but I plan to enjoy it while it does.

I finally managed to sit down and watch through some anime last night, despite the plan to watch through Gundam and Xam'd a while back. Watched through Hellsing Ultimate Vol 1 and it was very enjoyable. It did feel a tad faster than i expected it too but thats only a minor problem i think, quality wise it was fairly top notch. It did leave me wanting to watch the next volume too, which unfortunately i still need to pick up =/.

Plan tonight is to watch through Paprika and hopefully make a start on my ever increasing backlog as well.

First couple of episodes of Save Me Lollipop on Funi's site just out of curiosity. I may well actually buy it as before I was not sure, but I did quite like the comedy even though as a premiss it does seem pretty standard and over used, sort of a reverse harem show.

The Cat Returns - Enjoyed it but wouldn't buy it

Pom Poko - Enjoyed more than Cat Returns but again a watch once only me thinks :D

Armitage Dual Matrix - Was ok, will be selling it tho

Back