Your viewing journal

Space Dandy Season 2 episodes 9-13(COMPLETE)-Great series overall 9/10
Gintama.: Silver Soul Arc 2 episode 14(COMPLETE)- Haha the last episode.. brilliant series 8/10
RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time 1-3-Hmm... just okay at the moment.

Anima Yell! episode 1 Could this be a worthy CGDCT entry for this season? I hope so.

Attack on Titan 3rd Season episode 48 Dat foreshadowing tho.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 76 Taking on giant sneks.

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill episode 3 I’m sticking with this, it’s pretty funny and I like the setting.

Fairy Tail Final Series episode 278 It’s back, I can only hope that this final season improves upon the manga ending, which was pretty weak.

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-San episode 1 Scary spooky skeletons, sell stuff you could buy online-but if you support the book industry then you’ll do just fine.

We sell Tsukumogami episode 11 Seems we’ll get a conclusion following this week’s revelation.

31 Days of Halloween Day #7: Der Todesking (1990, Jörg Buttgereit) The second film that Buttgereit made, this controversial art film depicts seven days in which seven people commit suicide in different ways. It’s existentialist themes paired with the unflinching depictions on-screen are what make this an interesting watch. Buttgereit’s films aren’t for a lot of people due to their taboo themes but I find them fascinating even if they’re not as easy to enjoy. 3/5

Kaiji: Against all Odds episodes 18-26 (Complete. Another solid season, though I felt the latter pachinko arc dragged just a bit. At least Kaiji doesn’t lose any digits this time around. This is unlikely to get a third season, though I’d welcome it if it came.) 4/5

Keijo!!!!!!!! episodes 1-12 (Complete. What a time to be alive, this anime is pure fanservice-the “turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is” kind. Even then it manages to take itself seriously enough that it works. I found it very entertaining.) 3.5/5

Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 7

ISLAND (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)
This was quite an interesting show, though it did get a little confusing and it did have its serious moments. 7/10

Magical Girl Raising Project (English Dub) Episode 11

My Hero Academia Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 24

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 1
Another crazy show from Trigger. Hopefully this doesn't burn and crash like FranXX did. Those monsters remind me of the kaiju from the old original japanese Godzilla films.

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar (English Dub) Episode 11

A Certain Magical Index III (Sub) Episode 1
I've really missed this series, glad it's finally back along with best girl Mikasa.

Anima Yell! (Sub) Episode 1
Just your typical SoL series about moe girls doing cute things. I'll give it the 3 eps rule to see how it turns out.

Attack on Titan Season 3 (Sub) Episode 11
OMG that foreshadowing.

Fairy Tail (Sub) Episode 278
It finally returns. Really glad this is getting a continuation, looking forward to seeing how this final season unfolds considering how poorly the manga ended.

Goblin Slayer (Sub) Episode 1
Wow that was bloody brutal. Thankfully it wasn't censored out the ass and as badly like Terraformars was. This is going to be a brutal but interesting weekly watch.

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 27

Himote House (Sub) Episode 1
This is so bad it actually make it a somewhat enjoyable watch. That CGI tho was awful. The post credit scene was amusing.

Love is Lika a Cocktail (Sub) Episode 14 (Complete)

Radiant (Sub) Episode 1
Looks like a okay series. I'll give it a fews eps to see how this stands out against the other "I will be the best" story lines and what makes it different and unique.

Release the Spyce (Sub) Episode 1
Cute Ninja Spy girls beating up bad guys, Yep I'm definitely going to like this. Thankfully I don't have watch this on HIDIVE with their annoying yellows subs.

Sono Toki, Kanojo wa. (Sub) Episode 1 (Dropped)
Nice animation, it reminds me of the animation used in "The Tale of Princess Kaguya", but sadly a no for this. And Dropped

Sword Art Online: Alicization (Sub) Episode 1
An average first episode. 10 LN's to adapt, 50ish or more episodes, Looks like this will be the most badass season / Arc yet.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (Sub) Episode 1
This is looking to be quite an interesting show. A philosopher's stone, nothing good ever comes from messing with something like that.

Mitsuboshi Colors eps 8 & 9

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san ep 1
Eerrrrrrm. Some humorous moments in a whirlwind 12 mins. They get a lot of foreign people in their store. Very little animation in this, but the art was OK.

HIMOTE HOUSE: A share house of super psychic girls ep 1
I watched this because it was also 12 mins. And was a whirlwind of a different kind: Terrible CGI girls talking very quickly. The only good bits were the art for the flashbacks, although those parts had zero animation and the post credit scene which seemed like the VAs casually joking around that they then animated.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight ep 1
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is not entirely historically accurate!!!

We Rent Tsukumogami ep 11
Big revelations in this episode about Suou and Sataro.

Attack on Titan episode 48

Himote House episode 1
This was really bad CG (like a pre-vis for RWBY) and the anime itself wasn't that great. This might end up getting dropped but we'll see what happens.

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san episode 1
I probably enjoyed this a lot more than most people, because it was basically me and my mate at Akihabara in Japan. Now I sort of feel sorry for the shop assistants when we were wandering over with a phones out :D

Gamers! episode 6

Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan - TV - Watched: 21st September 2018

Aggressive Retsuko - TV - Watched: 23rd September 2018

Alderamin on the Sky - TV - Watched: 24th September 2018

Code:Breaker - TV - Watched: 27th September 2018

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - TV - Watched: 28th September 2018

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Episode 2.5 - OVA - Watched: 28th September 2018

Grimoire of Zero - TV - Watched: 29th September 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yona of the Dawn - TV - Watched: 2nd October 2018

Yona of the Dawn OVA+Zeno Arc - OVA - Watched: 2nd October 2018

Barakamon - TV - Watched: 4th October 2018

Barakamon: Mijikamon - OVA - Watched: 4th October 2018

Handa-kun - TV - Watched: 5th October 2018

Coppelion - TV - Watched: 7th October 2018

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression - Movie - Watched: 7th October 2018

Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion - Movie - Watched: 8th October 2018

Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust - Movie - Watched: 8th October 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That joyous time when you rediscover your Anime mojo haha. I've been fairly consistent this year watching stuff but it's been crazy the last 2 and a bit weeks.

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 22 That damn lab coat brings a nice nostalgia.

31 Days of Halloween Day #8: City of the Living Dead (1980, Lucio Fulci) Loaded with plenty of memorable setpieces and a memorable score, this Fulci zombie flick delivers on the gory action whilst lacing it with some great cinematography. The new transfer From Arrow is great as well, as the the new special features. 3.5/5

Kiznavier episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was an anime with a really cool concept. The animation and quirkiness is signature Trigger, and most of the episodes have quite quick pacing. The whole pairing off and it hitting a brick wall in episode 9 was interesting, if a bit melodramatic for my tastes at times.

The characters were decent, though screw Tenga for his bullsh*t in episode 9, he’s a hypocritical cockwomble. Actually each of the characters has their ups and downs, and I suppose that’s both a strength and flaw with the cast overall- Hisomu was the most pleasant surprise with his overall development from token weirdo to a genuine friend and ally.

The ending was sort of underwhelming too, making an MC into a villain archetype before the big rescue but overall I did like Kiznavier, though it could have used another cour to flesh out the ideas and character relationships.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Watched some Anime out of my DVD/Blu ray backlog:
Escaflowne(DVD)(Sub)-episodes 8-13 so far so good. 😊

Summer Wars(Blu ray)(Sub)Watched this with my mum we often watch anime films together.
My thoughts are nice animation but didn't really enjoy it just really "meh" unfortunately I give it 4/10.

Back to streaming on Crunchyroll:
RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time: episodes 4-5
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: episode 2- Loving it and Veldora is hilarious.

Currently on backlog:
DVD:
Kino's Journey
Outlaw Star
( On hold)
Monster Farm( On hold,Seen Monster Farm: Enbanseki no Himitsu the first half,just need to watch Monster Farm: Legend e no Michi)
Kimba The White Lion( 1966 Dub)
Digimon Tamers( Seen the original Fansubbed just like to see how the Dub compares.)
When They Cry Season 1: Gonna Rewatch it.
Slayers OVA Collection(Madman release)
Slayers Complete edition(ADV)
Blu-ray :

Wolfs Rain-Gonna rewatch it

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Sub) Episode 2
A pretty decent episode. Veldora's tsundere personality is hilarious.

The Girl in Twilight (Sub) Episode 2
Parallel worlds and alternative timelines, Yep this is going to get confusing. At least it's relatively understandable compared to the DC and Marvel multiverse.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 22
More moping around before taking a different course of action.

Attack on Titan s3 e11
More backstory.

Golden Kamuy s2 e1
It's back with its mix of weird humour and anthropological knowledge.

That's the 4th show this season with a blank ED though. Although according to MAL the song is supposed to be the OP, so maybe it's just a first episode thing where what will be the OP plays at the end, so they don't bother with any art or animation for it.

2018-10-09_5.png

Grand Blue Dreaming (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6

Back