Your viewing journal

Angels of Death episode 13 “You think I’m crazy don’t you?” Funnily enough yes.

Hinomaru Sumo episode 1 Never seen a sumo anime before and I hear the manga is really good.

IRODUKU: The World in Colours episode 1 Seems like a decent concept. Hope it doesn’t get bogged down by any needless drama or love triangles etc.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 1 It’s finally here, and so far so good!

Ms. Vampire who lives in my Neighbourhood. episode 1 This could well be my go to segment of supernatural SoL for the season. We shall see.

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigations episode 10 A bit of the old betrayal to spice up some drama. Yay. Also a tragic backstory for good measure.

31 Days of Halloween Day #5: The Last House on the Left (1972, Wes Craven) The notorious directorial debut of Wes Craven, this is an uncomfortable piece of exploitation cinema handled effectively thanks to Craven’s directing and writing. The only real problem with the film are the two cops and their comedy who feel out of place in such a dark plot. The soundtrack is often also ridiculously upbeat, but adds to the twisted atmosphere. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Violet Evergarden OVA (English Dub)

Bloom Into You (Sub) Episode 1
This looks like a pleasant Shoujo Ai series. Lets just hope that this doesn't turn into Citrus with it's OTT character drama.

Boarding School Juliet (Sub) Episode 1
A comedic twist to the famous Romeo & Juliet. Those action scenes where really good.

IRODUKO: The World in Colors (Sub) Episode 1
P.A.Works does it again. This is gorgeous, hopefully is doesn't get weighed down by needless scenarios.

Ms. Vampire who Lives in My Neighbourhood (Sub) Episode 1
A moe vampire and moe girls, looks like I've found my supernatural SoL for this season.

UzaMaid! (Sub) Episode 1
That was a pretty entertaining but creepy first ep. That maid needs mental therapy pronto, her obsession with little girls is disturbing.

B: The Beginning episodes 7-12 (Complete) - A pretty solid supernatural crime series. The soundtrack and characters were great and the animation quality was well above average, especially with the CG. Definitely has some potential for some great world-building for season 2 and I'd really like to see more of Koku and Yuna. 8/10

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 1 - Finally a Friday

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 1 - Definitely better than i was expecting.

Bloom into You episode 1 - Wholesome yuri time

Angels of Death episode 13

Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood episode 1 - A cute supernatural SoL series

A Certain Magical Index S3 ep1 - Great to see this back but it reminds me how much I hate Index as a character. She's literally a parasite who leeches off Touma. Glad to see best girl Misaka back

Bloom Into You episode 1

Ms Vampire Who Lives in My Neighbourhood episode 1

Angels of Death episode 13

UzaMaid episode 1
This was a bit weird. I'll give it a few episodes and see how it goes.

Goblin Slayer episode 1 - The first episode was a bit too heavy but I'll continue with it since it's still a pretty strong opening episode and Goblin Slayer is a pretty cool character.

SSSS.Gridman episode 1 - Looks like it'll be an interesting Trigger show. Kinda reminds me of those Power Rangers shows I used to watch as a kid.

Last edited:
Free! Take your marks - More 4 episodes than a film but all episodes were a treat and it does again help to make more sense as S3 as I would say that’s also a prequel to s3. Just again annoying FUNi didn’t allow people outside the US to see it before the airing of s3. Can’t wait to rewatch the whole series again when the BD of s3 comes out hopefully around this time next year

March comes in like a lion Season 2 episodes:17-22 Complete -Beautiful 9/10
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind: episode 1

Space Dandy Season 2(Dub): episodes 4-8

GioGio's Bizarre Adventure ep1

Unsure how I feel about Giorno as this season's Jo, but at least we have actual protagonist Bruno to fall back on.

Goblin Slayer ep1

It's a strong no from me. This can get in the bin.

Goblin Slayer episode 1 Well this didn’t end up censored to sh*t like Terrarformars. Should be a brutal but interesting weekly watch.

Radiant episode 1 This looks okay, will give it a few episodes to see what makes it unique amongst other “I wanna be the best——!” storylines.

SSSS.Gridman episode 1 Oh great amnesia. Maybe Trigger can make this interesting but after how FranXX crashed I’m being cautious with their output.

31 Days of Halloween Day #6: Psycho II (1983, Richard Franklin) An unlikely sequel that works very well. Over 20 years after the original this film serves to continue the Norman Bates story as those holding a grudge drive him to his old madness again. It’s almost tragic to see how this plot progresses, as there are signs of Bates recovering, but how could they make two more films if that happened eh?

Anthony Perkins is sublime, returning to the role that gave him recognition as an actor. The other cast members do a decent job, but it’s Perkins that really carries the film. Overall this was impressive, as I didn’t think a sequel to such a classic could work as well as it has here. 4/5

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
episodes 1-12 (Complete. Despite playing the “everyone mistrusts the MC” card early on, which triggers an eye roll in most anime I watch, this was very entertaining. I hear that this gets compared to AoT a lot, and can see the similarities, though with a hybrid steampunk/zombie story scenario.

The story and characters were decent, if a little archetypal- Mumei becomes almost insufferable as she falls to another trope I hate later on. In essence once the main antagonist is introduced Kabaneri’s quality slips a bit but overall this was still fun, just a shame it’s the sum of the parts.) 3.5/5

Kaiji: Against all Odds
episodes 1-17 (technically skipped the recap episode)

Last edited:
Goblin Slayer ep 1
That was bloody brutal without going tooooo over the top.

SAO: Alicization ep 1
Can be split into 4 parts.
The first was like WTF is going on and apart from a few bits was actually pretty dull.
Then the second part, in GGO, was OK with some action with old friends.
The third part of explaining the new job and system was a load of sci-fi gibberish.
And the last part after that had a decent cliffhanger.

Release the Spyce ep 1
Seems like a cute girls do cute beating up bad guys. Action, design and soundtrack all pretty good so far. Bit of a possible twist at the end.

Goblin Slayer episode 1
This might be decent going forward. Actually expected it to be lighter beforehand but I enjoyed it.

SSSS.Gridman episode 1
I think Trigger might be releasing this now to cash in on the hype from FranXX, but considering how over-hyped it was we'll see what happens with this new one. I thought this was quite generic to be honest.

IRODUKU episode 1
This seems like a solid first episode and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series now.

Gamers! episode 5
I'm enjoying this so far. I would've watched episode 6 if the Crunchyroll PS4 app didn't spit its dummy out on me :mad:

Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig (re-watch)
Still one of my favourite anime of all time. The BD was good as well and more so when you watch the trailer in SD afterwards.

Didn't watch SAO: Alicization. This is quite annoying to me because am I right that its a four-cour series? That's a lot of episodes the majority of which are gonna be mostly filler. My problem with it is that I can watch a decent chunk of anime in a single sitting. Last season I put ISLAND on hold after the second episode and then watched the other 9 over two nights ready for the last episode the day after.
Also the first season of SAO which was 26 episodes I sat through in two sittings over two days. I'm gonna sit this one out for a while and put it on hold so I can watch them a few episodes at a time, but is it really worth watching weekly? Also does anyone who's seen it so far think it'll be too spoilerific if I skip out on it for now?

Didn't watch SAO: Alicization. This is quite annoying to me because am I right that its a four-cour series? That's a lot of episodes the majority of which are gonna be mostly filler.

It adapts 10 volumes of the LN. The 2 mangas I've read recently of released anime (Girls' Last Tour and Yuru Camp) were adapted at a rate of 3 episodes per volume, but for SAO it's a LN adaptation so I don't know the ratio because I haven't read any.

Looking at what I know of Violet Evergarden though, it had 2 LNs, but not all chapters were used and some of it was anime original, so I'd guess roughly 2 per cour. So with cuts to some content 4 cours for 10 volumes no filler would be required.
That said the double length episode was overall a bit dull!

Last edited:
Do6ILN4XoAQo6aQ.jpg

Attack on Titan [Season 3] (Japanese audio) - Episode 11 [48]
Lupin the Third Part 5 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 23-24 (Complete)
OVERLORD III (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Complete)
Revue Starlight (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-8

Remaining titles left in the simulcast backlog:
Summer:
Grand Blue Dreaming (8 eps left to watch)
Revue Starlight (4 eps left to watch)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (5 eps left to watch)

On-going to Autumn:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (up-to-date, 13 more to air)
Banana Fish (3 eps left to watch, 11 more to air)

Back