Your viewing journal

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Complete)
My Hero Academia [Season 3] (Japanese audio) - Episode 25 [63] (Complete)
PERSONA5 The Animation (Japanese audio) - Episode 26 (Complete)
Steins;Gate 0 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 22-23 (Complete)

Remaining titles left in the simulcast backlog:
Spring:
Lupin the Third Part 5 (18 eps left to watch)

Summer:
Grand Blue Dreaming (8 eps left to watch)
HANEBADO! (up-to-date, 1 more to air)
Happy Sugar Life (3 eps left to watch)
OVERLORD III (2 eps left to watch, 1 more to air)
Revue Starlight (10 eps left to watch)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (5 eps left to watch)

On-going to Autumn:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (up-to-date, 14 more to air)
Banana Fish (2 eps left to watch, 12 more to air)

Happy Sugar Life ep 12 (complete)
A great final episode, I was gripped even though I knew what was going to happen to Satou and Shio (I rewatched part of episode 1 after someone mentioned something about it and it actually gave the ending away, partially).
Overall I quite enjoyed the show and its edgyness which seemed to ramp up as it went on (unlike Magical Girl Site which started at the top of the ramp and apart from a few upturns the edge went mostly down). I think what put me off giving it a higher score is that some of the motivations of the characters are a bit too intense. Satou's love for Shio is also off putting given Shio's age.
7/10

Grand Blue Dreaming ep 12 (complete)
Nice finale. Some more diving and making memories.
At times hilarious (see @HWR example), at times bawdy nonsense (lots of over reacting) and at others some sweet moments (my favourite being Iori and Kohei helping Aina by showing up the tennis captain in the beauty pageant).
7/10

That's Amazon shows finished for the season as Banana Fish had a week off.

Persona 5 the Animation ep 26 (complete)
Love the new OP shame it took so long to appear! Best boy Yoshida gets his moment!
Also:
So maybe they'll do a "bad" ending if it cuts the story short like the one I got on P4G did, or just literally stop at a good point (like when the story catches up to the present) and then release a film or OVA with the true ending?
Overall it was an OK retelling of the story let down by poor production quality.
6/10

Cells at Work episode 13 (Complete. A fun and engaging slice of edutainment that kept me entertained and also taught me some aspects to the human body in the process. It knows what it wants to be and does so very well.) 4/5

My Hero Academia 3rd Season episode 63 Everyone jobs to TinTin (Complete. A strong first half with the AfO fight and Sasu..Bakugo retrieval arc, but a weaker second half that felt a bit repetitive and safe. Still I’m interested to see how the Yakuza arc will be adapted next season.) 4/5

Persona 5 The Animation episode 26 (Complete-for now. A perfectly serviceable but rather bland and dull adaptation of a superb entry in the sublime Persona franchise. There are moments where the anime shines, but after how great P4 TA was as an adaptation this was just underwhelming. I’ll watch the final special, but I can’t say this was as good as it could have been.) 3/5

George Harrison: Living in the Material World Started this last night and finished it today. A superb documentary by Martin Scorsese about the multi-talented musician. 4.5/5

Heaven’s Lost Property episodes 1-13/OVA (Complete. Comedic fanservice galore with glimpses into a darker storyline, this was an entertaining first season.) 3.5/5

Heaven’s Lost Property: Forte episodes 1-6

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 4-8(sub)-Loving the humor
Aggressive Retsuko(Dub)1-5- Interesting.

Recently completed this month: Steins Gate 0(Sub)-Interesting to see the differences between this and the original visual Novel.I prefer the visual novel but understand why the Anime had to be different due to the Routes in the VN. Still they did a good job .Anime 7/10

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure all current series(Sub)- Can't believe I took so long to watch this.Been on my watchlist for ages.Fell in love with the series instantly.Its just great and the characters are brilliant.

ISLAND (English Dub) Episode 11

My Hero Academia Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 23

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar (English Dub) Episode 10

Beatless: Final Stage (Sub) Episode 4 [28] (Complete)
Really good final episode. This was a show I really liked with its futuristic setting that made it an enjoyable watch. That final scene was really emotionally overpowering but worth it. 3/5

High Score Girl (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete, sort of)
I really liked this show. The references to the old games was a nice touch, just a shame it was all CGI.
At least we are getting 3 OVA's next year to conclude the series. 2/5

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
Good clean ecchiness all round. 3.5/5

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 25 (Complete) - Same as always. 8/10

Cells at Work episode 3 (Complete) - A damn fine piece of edutainment. 9/10

Revue Starlight
episode 12 (Complete) - Great on all accounts with great characters, soundtrack, direction and story. Also a good reminder that I need to watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. 9/10

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross episodes 16

HANEBADO! (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Complete)
Happy Sugar Life (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Complete)

Remaining titles left in the simulcast backlog:
Spring:
Lupin the Third Part 5 (12 eps left to watch)

Summer:
Grand Blue Dreaming (8 eps left to watch)
OVERLORD III (2 eps left to watch, 1 more to air)
Revue Starlight (10 eps left to watch)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (5 eps left to watch)

On-going to Autumn:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (up-to-date, 14 more to air)
Banana Fish (2 eps left to watch, 12 more to air)

Mitsuboshi Colors eps 4-6
The fun continues. Some of the gags are hilarious, especially the weakness meeting when Kotoha "fixes" Sat-chans "weaknes". Just what I need after today.
Some of it comes of a bit cheap though. Half of episode 4 was a slide show, although did get this shot:
Screenshot_20180930-213520.png

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill episode 2 This is decent so far, haven’t seen a buddy cop anime done recently so hopefully it’s a worthwhile watch.

Hanebado! episode 13 (Complete. This started out decently enough but became weighed down by the melodrama, especially Ayano’s relationship with her terrible mother-which was handled really poorly IMO. The side characters felt underdeveloped and almost intrusive in the story, as their subplots didn’t meld well with the main narrative.

There was some merit to be found, with each badminton match being well choreographed and tense, and Nagisa’s character development was a nice counterpoint to Ayano’s deteriorating psyche. Overall this was fine, though it could have been better had it handled its drama better, or just followed the manga storyline.) 3/5

Heaven’s Lost Property: Forte episodes 7-12 (Complete. The fanservice here felt less funny than the previous season, however the darker elements got more screentime so that’s a benefit.) 3.5/5

Heaven’s Lost Property: Angeloid of Clockwork (Film) Didn’t realise that a good chunk of this was basically recap. The actual new content is decent, and fairly consistent with the prior seasons. Now to check out the manga-looking forward to seeing where the more serious material is taken. 2.5/5

Doctor Who The Ribos Operation A nice little story with a small but focused cast and that signature Robert Holmes wit. It’s simple and straightforward Who, but is amongst the finest of the Graham Williams era. 4/5

Hyouka episodes 1-11/11.5 OVA

Magical Girl Raising Project (English Dub) Episode 10

Princess Principal (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Complete)

Princess Principal Picture Drama (English Dub) Episode 1-6 (Complete)

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 26

Hanebado! (Sub) Episode 13 (Complete)

Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season (Sub) Episode 1 (Pre-Air)

Hanebado! episode 13 (Complete) - A fun sports series with good characters and animation that is slightly let down by the subplot concerning Ayano's mum. 8/10

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 episodes 1-2

Last edited:
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 9-12(Sub)- Complete Enjoyed it. 8/10
Aggressive Retsuko(Dub)- 6-10 Complete interesting characters and found it rather unique.Pretty cute as well 8/10

My Hero Academia Season 3(Sub) 24-25 Complete- Enjoyed it as always.8/10

Gamers! epsiodes 1-2

Heaven’s Lost Property: Angeloid of Clockwork (Film) Didn’t realise that a good chunk of this was basically recap. The actual new content is decent, and fairly consistent with the prior seasons. Now to check out the manga-looking forward to seeing where the more serious material is taken. 2.5/5
There's one ore film after that with no current licencors.

Back