Your viewing journal

Tsubasa Vol 7. More of the same. Some nice action in the race, more of the sub story seems to be coming out now as well. Pitty we already know it gets canned after like 3 series.

GaoGaiGar FINAL eps 5-6 a change of pace from the last two and is back to business, though the inner child in me loved the part where Genesic GaoGaiGar finally appeared and kicked ****....who am i kidding the adult in me loved it as well :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumbling Hearts collection. Not a bad slice of life but it did threaten to lose the plot once or twice. It is however a pretty intense and depressing series, which without the lighter moments could be too much to face.

GaoGaiGar FINAL eps 7-8 wow what a finale...loved every second of it, shame that the sequel to this was cancelled as it leaves the main cast a very cruel fate as only the two child main characters get sent back to earth, everyone else has to stay in the collasping dimension Still a great way to end the franchise :)

Been watching some of the new series from Japan. So far Toradora, Clannad - After Story, Rosario + Vampire Capu 2, Gundam 00 S2 and Toaru Majutsu no Index caught my eye.

Toradora, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Clannad and Gundam are probably the best of the new season so far.

Dunno whether or not its okay for me to talk about them here though?

Clouded said:
Been watching some of the new series from Japan. So far Toradora, Clannad - After Story, Rosario + Vampire Capu 2, Gundam 00 S2 and Toaru Majutsu no Index caught my eye.

Toradora, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Clannad and Gundam are probably the best of the new season so far.

Dunno whether or not its okay for me to talk about them here though?

tiz fine aslong as u put spoiler tags up and don't mention where u get them from

After just finishing watching the first volume of Saikano, I'm feeling completely underwhelmed by the experience. The characters are unlikeable and generic, the relationship between the main two characters comes across as fake, no information has been given about the setting (or even who the Japanese at war with), there hasn't even been an attempt to explain why a weak high school girl was randomly turned into a weapon, the poorly explained story moves at snail pace, the animation is non-existent and the characters are all constantly blushing for some reason. Quite frankly, I'm struggling to find positives.

Unless there's a dramatic improvement, even at £10 it was a waste of money. I'm hoping Karas turns out to be more entertaining...

@Aion : Yeah, it sucks.

Negima ep 1 + 2 : Was actually quite good. I liked the twist, but I hate Negi's dub - When I read the description "Negi, a welsh ....." I expected him to have a very strong welsh accent, so, he has this very weak annoying voice; Bah, I'm sure I'll get used to it -_-

Otogi Zoshi Episodes 1-3

Again Production IG come out with a flashy but slightly unsettling visual style. Also they come out with a completely meh story for the most part. Very generic so far. :(

Buso Renkin. Good to see an anime once in a while that can have a well paced, reasonalbe story line with a satisfactory ending. Now all it really needed was for more dead chracters to stay dead once in a while.

Since Saikano is far too slow and poorly created to get a lot out of, I've dropped it after the 6th episode. I'm kinda tempted to carry on just for the sake of finishing it... Maybe it has a decent ending that makes up for the terrible first half?

Also, I've just finished watching Karas. Ignoring the fact the first half was confusing fluff and the story/characters suffered as a result of the focus being on action, it was pretty good. The start of the 2nd DVD saved it by actually developing the main character and explaining what the hell was going on.

Gun X Sword 21-26

How can it be that such a great show didn't have a terrible ending, as is <i>de rigeur</i> for anime? Blimey. What I love most about Gun X Sword is that Van didn't waver in his pursuit of revenge, not once, despite the repeated efforts of the other "originals" to get him to see things from their perspective. A lesser show might have made Van more indecisive in an effort to add "depth" to his character, but Gun X Sword's writers resisted the temptation. The revenge scene itself was understated by hugely satisfying.

Also impressive was the consistently decent production values; I can't think of a single episode in which the characters appeared off-model or that cheaped out on animation quality. And New Generation's dub is fantastic, easily one of the best I've heard.

Back