Your viewing journal

Geass R2 25 :(

Burst Angel 1-12. I can't remember if I mentioned that in this thread, but I'm slowly making my way through the boxset I brought a few months ago.

Fabio, you're one odd guy: You mentioned how you didn't like Trigun, which I assumed meant you wouldn't be too hot on the sort of shows that tried to capture its episodic and fun qualities, yet you seem to like GxS a lot. What's more, you've actually added a pole dancing, mecha riding...person to your favourite character list, alongside Van.

Bad taste is bad. I suggest watching Death Note until you see its greatness in order to attempt to cure yourself. Or, if you want to watch 135 episodes, I suggest watching Naruto until your taste improves. :D

----------

Anyway, enough random rubbish.

Since I recently managed to complete my Rahxephon collection, I decided to give Vol. 1 a look. I thought the first five episodes were great, with some loveable characters (depending on if she dies, one might find herself on my favourite character list) taking up a lot of the screen time. Looking forward to watching some more tomorrow.

In the distant past, I vaguely recall dropping it around the halfway point... I think it was down to some level of confusion over the song effects. Like with X (TV), I'm going to make sure I complete it this time around now that I own the DVDs.

Aion said:
Fabio, you're one odd guy: You mentioned how you didn't like Trigun, which I assumed meant you wouldn't be too hot on the sort of shows that tried to capture its episodic and fun qualities, yet you seem to like GxS a lot.
Bwahahaha. The reason I don't like Trigun is because of Vash, who, with his wanky "no killing policy", is the polar opposite of Gun X Sword's Van.

And as for Fasalina, she's just awesome. There aren't many anime characters I could describe as genuinely sexy, but she is definitely one of them.

Naruto Shippuuden Movie Watched again coz I couldn't sleep last night... it kept me up even longer like, good watch however.
Outlaw Star 5 Too far to walk to get next DVD so one episode was good enough for a fix of Aisha Clanclan.
Gundam 00 5-19 Enjoying the series and looking forward to seeing more.

Saikano 7-13
Saikano OVA 1-2
Rahxephon 6-9

I went back on my earlier judgement, deciding to finish Saikano. Watching the last half of the series (7-13) improved my rating from 5/10 to 6.5/10.

Rahxephon has gone a bit crap after an excellent start. The focus has been on the huge amount of young female Terra members in Vol. 2 who, for reasons unknown, have all fallen madly in love with the main character...like in just about every other anime. I'm sick to death of seeing plain main characters get so much lovin' and a large amount of humanities last defence being made up of teenage girls/young women.

With the combination of needless fluff and unexplained plot (as ever with this type of series), I can see why I dropped it in the past. Hopefully I'll at least be able to watch all my DVDs...

Rahxephon 10-26
Rahxephon: The Movie

I'm a bit mixed about Rahxephon. It's a high quality series with some great ideas, but it's also one of the most difficult to understand. The series was filled with cryptic dialogue, key plot points that weren't explained and lots of fillerish material that took up too much space. If more episodes had been used to explain what was happening and less on making the events difficult to follow it would've been an amazing series.

What disappointed me the most was the lack of time Ayato and Haruka spent together when their relationship was the most important part of the story. I loved the first volume because it moved at a fast pace and focused on the relationship between the two. If more time had been spent developing their relationship I would've got a lot more out of the show.

As for the movie, it was a recap with a few new scenes. Aside from the opening, which did what the series should've and showed how Ayato and Haruka interacted as brats, it was a disjointed mess that crammed together scenes from the series in an untidy manner. It's too bad it wasn't given a movie budget and had everything reanimated like the Escaflowne movie...

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 20-25 Good series! Can't believe how harsh the ending was! Looking forward to the Second Season more than I was expecting to be.

Naruto Shippuuden 76-79 OMG! So are they actually gonna kill off a main (semi-main) Character? He was asking for it. Heh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shana 1-12

After a good start that hinted at a philosophical look at life and death, Shana quickly shambled into standard shounen action territory, complete with drawn out battles and awkward exposition (the characters deem it necessary to introduce one another at the start of battle and offer a running commentary throughout).

In terms of characters, Shana is okay despite being the archetypal tsundere loli, but Yuji is a dullard with no personality who accepts his fate far too calmly, and the romance between the two is painfully predictable. And don't get me started on the moe-bait love interest who's so shy she can barely speak in the presence of Yuji. Ugh.

You can't please everyone... you still may get flamed :twisted:

You'll have to tell me what you think when you get to the end. I actually watched Shana 2 not so long ago and.... well...
actually I'll leave it there in case I get flamed too. o_O

Hellsing Ultimate 1

Not very impressed with this. Given that Hellsing Ultimate is an OVA, I was expecting a high quality production - but on that count I'm sorely disappointed. The art is good but the animation is sparse, and when there is character movement it tends to be clunky. That scene near the beginning where Integra is running away from that creepy bloke, for example, is really badly done and similarly iffy scenes crop up all over the episode. And it's been a while since I've seen CG so poorly integrated; the blood sprays are particularly laughable.

I might just go with the manga instead.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Hellsing Ultimate 1

Not very impressed with this. Given that Hellsing Ultimate is an OVA, I was expecting a high quality production - but on that count I'm sorely disappointed. The art is good but the animation is sparse, and when there is character movement it tends to be clunky. That scene near the beginning where Integra is running away from that creepy bloke, for example, is really badly done and similarly iffy scenes crop up all over the episode. And it's been a while since I've seen CG so poorly integrated; the blood sprays are particularly laughable.
Interesting... I just watched it and liked it a lot. The art / animation is quite stylised but I felt it worked with the fast pace and dark tone of the show. Better than what I've seen of the original TV series by a long shot.

Plus I have not enjoyed a dub so much since S.A.C. It's wonderful to hear some British voices that don't ham it up up or try to sound American (or both, like early Manga dubs).

It's definitely better looking than the TV series, though that's not necessarily saying much. Some of it was good and some was bad.

And while the dub is generally excellent, I had to laugh at one police officer who exclaimed "bollix" in a faux-cockney accent :lol:

DNA Hunter. Well it's henti so did not expect much, the animation is poor at times, however the actually story is quite believable in an odd way, collecting sperm of famous guys so women clients can have their babies.

Otoboku vol 3. Nice gentle yuri with a difference, the girl all the girls fall for is actually a guy.

Crest of the Stars - EP1-6

Good story, likeable lead characters and ****** animation. If not for the 'snowy' effect that appears during battles and general low budget feel it'd be brilliant to watch. But, nonetheless, it's still been highly enjoyable so far due it being a character driven series and not an all action series. Lafiel is edging towards my favourite character list thanks to her amusingly direct personality already.

Once I finish getting through my CotS DVDs, I'll then be able to move onto my Banner of the Stars DVDs. Perfect. :D

BECK 1-2 (and 3 after I've eaten)

Really cool. I love the animation, and the music is actually quite good, too. So far, I'm really liking the characters. Everything about this anime is stylish - The voices, the op, the animation, the characters, EVERYTHING! :D

Code geass (season 1) 4-5

Wow! Zero (lelouche) seems awesome! Only thing I'm worried about is - Will this turn into a high school story? I really hope not. Because the fact that the green haired woman went to school seems like it will >_<.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back