Your viewing journal

I watched the first episode of Violet Evergarden when it came out and didn't enjoy it at all. I was too distracted by the hype and visuals to pay attention to the story I guess, plus I always have this bizarre attitude of wanting any hyped show to fail.

Anyway, I picked it back up again recently and I've loved every episode so far tbh. Unpopular opinion on here it seems, but I actually love the episodic parts just as much as the main plot, 3 of the episodes even made me cry. :oops:

A centaurs life 1-end
A pretty decent series through and through, my biggest nitpick would be the snake people, they just didn’t look right to me.

Gits arise episode 1
Not too bad so far.

well I did watch violet evergarden last night, 8&9, might have been too distracted by wanting to go to bed (watched it late) but these two were an absolute feels train, there is a lot more about the war and seeing a side of violet that isn't shown, one of those things where a series reaches a certain point and decides to put their characters through the grinder. I'm just wondering is 9 the end? I would like to see more of it!

A centaurs life 1-end
A pretty decent series through and through, my biggest nitpick would be the snake people, they just didn’t look right to me.

Gits arise episode 1
Not too bad so far.
How'd you find the episode about the politicians childhood?

My thoughts exactly, it was a jarring but welcome change of pace that did some great works building without being too overblown
Precisely! I’m glad we both think the same on this one. Thanks for the shout out about it. I’d have passed on it otherwise.

Sh*tpost Epic or whatever it's called, eps 8+9
That New York sketch's punchline was just hilarious. But only if you get the Mike Haggar cameo. I had no idea he had Scottish ancestry.
Haggar is of Scottish descent, is classically trained in Scottish Backhold folk wrestling, and even keeps a Scottish flag hanging in his gym. — Wikipedia

But... I've run out of episodes for the moment! Noooo! :eek:

Sh*tpost the animation 1

What... did I just watch?
Don’t get the male& female voice version though.
You'll get used to it yet. It takes a few episodes before it really starts to make good use of the idea.

Sh*tpost Epic or whatever it's called, eps 8+9
That New York sketch's punchline was just hilarious. But only if you get the Mike Haggar cameo. I had no idea he had Scottish ancestry.
Haggar is of Scottish descent, is classically trained in Scottish Backhold folk wrestling, and even keeps a Scottish flag hanging in his gym. — Wikipedia

But... I've run out of episodes for the moment! Noooo! :eek:

You'll get used to it yet. It takes a few episodes before it really starts to make good use of the idea.
The character sounds even more Scottish than you do, and you're meant to be a full-blooded Scot! :p

The Doors (Film) A decent though highly fictional biopic about the superb titular group and Jim Morrison. A lot of the stuff here was made up, and the surviving band members disliked it as well. It's okay overall.

Dragonball Super episodes 25-30

Back