Your viewing journal

so I'm watching B The beginning and I'm kinda findin' myself bored by it for some reason. it looked like it had a very good start, I can't get over how much the protag jus' looks like an edgelord though. I have seen some backstory of the characters an' TBH it doesn' make tha' much sense, there's nor a lot of detail in i'
junji ito 10 - a suitably disgustin' episode for a suitably disgustin' crowd
Franxx 9 - some good development of the characters once again, but it involves a klaxosaur after the one last week just being a bit of fanservice, would have been totally happy with what they did last time to develop someone
Killing Bites 9 - yay! ir's still a fight! nor a very dynamic one as I thought though, and of course, rabbit, contender for best girl, does it again! it looks like, from the preview, ratel is gonna get another fomr, carn wait to see i', but it's abit predictable knowin' Shido's other pet projects were the reptile team, who totally "not my final formed" everyone. and the promise of her backstory? I really hope I'd be right she was homeless she was homeless she was homeless does sayin' i' so much make i' right?

Panzer World Galient - Episodes 6 - 12

Toward The Terra (Blu-ray)

An interesting film, I rewatched it ahead of a review on the the B&S Get Jumped podcast.

Citrus (Dub) Ep 7
Darling in the FranXX (Dub) Ep 6
Violet Evergarden (Dub) Ep 9
Ancient Magus Bride (Sub) Ep 22
Beatless (Sub) Ep 9
Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Sub) Ep 10
Citrus (Sub) Ep 10
Dagashi Kashi 2 (Sub) Ep 9
Darling in the FranXX (Sub) Ep 9
Katana Maidens (Sub) Ep 10
Killing Bites (Sub) Ep 9
Mitsuboshi Colors (Sub) Ep 10
Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Ep 10
School Babysitters (Sub) Ep 10
Slow Start (Sub) Ep
Takunomi (Sub) Ep 9
The Seven Deadly Sins Revival of the Commandments (Sub) Ep 9
The Seven Heavenly Virtues (Sub) Ep 7

Dragonball Super episodes 37-41 (On-Hold) Great fun so far, will watch the later arcs in the future.

El Cazador de la Bruja episodes 1-4

Another Manga Force Collection title:
Tokko eps 1-5 (dub)
I think I watched this when I first received the DVDs, but it seems very generic both plot and character design wise, so I've forgotten what happened.
There's a spate of vicious attacks by zombie/monsters and they can only be stopped by a bunch of super cops with swords!
I especially can't stand westernization or localization like that, and it's commonly done to most English dubs, and to a lesser extent subtitles
This definitely has this problem and the subtitles appear to be dub-titles so I may as well watch the dub.

DSC_1341.JPG

Kokkoku ep 10
The family appear to have defeated the bad guy, so now he's going to tell you a sob story! Or is he stalling for time? Just seems a bit weird.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 9
Lings backstory episode. Spoilers it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows!

Citrus ep 10
I'm getting a bit bored of the will they/won't they aspect, just as they seem to be getting serious something happens, this time Yuzus insecurity about whether it's the right thing to do or not. And now we've met possibly another rival!

Tokko eps 1-5 (dub)
I think I watched this when I first received the DVDs, but it seems very generic both plot and character design wise, so I've forgotten what happened.
There's a spate of vicious attacks by zombie/monsters and they can only be stopped by a bunch of super cops with swords!
I think I saw this in my NEET days. If I remember right they get their swords by effectively being possessed by demons? And it ends on a cliffhanger, leading to sequel limbo where no one adapts the source?

My mother and the neighbor girl came over today for our regular Sunday anime binge:

Finished The Good Witch of the West eps 10-13, It was decent but not really something I would bother to re-watch.

Finished A Town Where You Live eps 7-12, Some really good teen angst melodrama, we all really enjoyed this one, except I would rather the guy went with the other girl instead.

Started Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun. Ugh, we didn't even make it to the mid-way break of the first episode on this one, the typical crazy screaming "comedy" almost immediately got on everyone's nerves, and they told me to turn it off. Horribly obnoxious - onto the Sell pile it goes.

My mother and the neighbor girl came over today for our regular Sunday anime binge:

Finished The Good Witch of the West eps 10-13, It was decent but not really something I would bother to re-watch.

Finished A Town Where You Live eps 7-12, Some really good teen angst melodrama, we all really enjoyed this one, except I would rather the guy went with the other girl instead.

Started Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun. Ugh, we didn't even make it to the mid-way break of the first episode on this one, the typical crazy screaming "comedy" almost immediately got on everyone's nerves, and they told me to turn it off. Horribly obnoxious - onto the Sell pile it goes.
I'm not a big fan of comedy in anime but I actually found Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun quite funny.

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 10 I'll see what happens next episode, if I'm let down then this is getting dropped.

El Cazador de la Bruja episodes 5-15

Code realise: guardian of rebirth 1-end
Average in every way. Didn’t connect with the characters and the plot didn’t pull me in either. Was a slog to get through. Glad it’s over.

Death march to the parallel world rhapsody 7
Figured I’d have a pick me up after the previous one. Another fun episode, I’m really digging this one.

Tokko eps 6-9
Shindo finally awakens his power and gets in on the action . The action and plot does feel a bit of a Bleach (the normal world stuff early on) rip off, but the fact they will have to kill themselves to complete their mission is an interesting twist.

_20180312_232520.JPG

Karakai Juozu no Takagi-san ep 10
The teasing thing is wearing a little thin, but I really hope she gets what she wants in the end.

Dagashi Kashi s2 e7
The new female character seems to be a bit of a klutz, but I like her so far.

Back