Your viewing journal

So by default my Netflix profile is set to play the english dub if available. I tried watching AICO - Incarnation and had to turn it off. I'll be watching that one in Japanese because the dub is terrible. A new studio apparently, but has anyone else seen this yet? I'm gonna make a start on the sub later.

Catching up with the anime simulcast backlog after Persona 5 took up 140+ hours of my time these past few weeks.

Violet Evergarden (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-9

Himouto! Umaru-Chan R (ep 1-2)
Finally made a start on this one. Liked the first season and this is more of the same really (at least so far).

Dagashi Kashi Season 2 (Episode 9)
Another fun episode, Hajime has quickly became my favourite person in this show. The whole dagashi website scene was hilarious.

Citrus (Episode 10)
Seriously, this show is just going round in circles. Every time these two get closer to each other, the writer just resets it all for the sake of drama. It's getting a bit annoying now.

I also managed to binge watch all of "Land of the Lustrous" yesterday, and I loved it. It has some of the best CGI animation in anime. The movement was fluid and mesmerizing, and every shot was gorgeous. I also really liked the main character and their growth throughout the series. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, it didn't really feel conclusive. If they don't make a season 2 I'll have to go and buy the manga.

Dagashi Kashi s2 e6
We meet a new character and get the first glimpse of the new lady in the OP/ED. Some funny moments in this episode. I'm still not used to them being half the length of a normal show, you get settled in and then it's over.

Killing Bites ep 9
The battle continues, but it gets interrupted by Kido. And we finally learn what he is.

Darling in the FranXX episode 9 Dat progress though, kill that BLT (bizarre love triangle) already

Pop Team Epic episode 10 These random vignettes are hit and miss, there's a parody in there somewhere but they don't take advantage of it

The Ancient Magus' Bride episode 22 A rather brutal backstory, followed by resolve and forgiveness. Another powerful episode.

The Conversation (Film) An impressive thriller from Francis Ford Coppola

Dragonball Super episodes 31-36

So by default my Netflix profile is set to play the english dub if available. I tried watching AICO - Incarnation and had to turn it off. I'll be watching that one in Japanese because the dub is terrible.

To me all English dubs sound like that... :eek:

I showed The Good Witch of the West eps 4-9 to my mom this afternoon in my theater, finishing off the first disc.

Spoken like a man who does not know the beauty of 1990s Manga UK dubs

Lol, I rest my case! I especially can't stand westernization or localization like that, and it's commonly done to most English dubs, and to a lesser extent subtitles - it just totally turns my stomach because it ruins the whole cultural aspect of anime for me. I want it to stay true to the Japanese script, even if it doesn't make sense or translate well. I watch anime because I want to experience how the Japanese view the world, not just to be entertained by some damn Westernized cartoon.

Last edited:
CCS:CC #7
I like the the laid back pace.

citrus #7
This show was getting boring but the new character spiced things up...but the art/animation is pretty dreadful and taken a huge nose dive.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens #3-5

After an pretty sub-par #1, this show has picked up a lot and it very enjoyable actually.

Junji Ito Collection (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-10

So far in the past two days I have managed to catch up with Darling in the FRANXX, Junji Ito, Killing Bites, KOKKOKU and Violet Evergarden. The ones left now are After the Rain, BEATLESS, Death March and OVERLORD II.

Both Junji Ito and KOKKOKU have 2 episodes left with their airing run.

Back