Your viewing journal

when the episode repeats, they have male voices again. the ones in ep 3 are the original freiza and cell and they sound awesome in it. there's even one or 2 freiza laughs in it
I forget which episode it was now, but part 2 had King of the Ad-lib, Tomokazu Sugita in it. (Best known as Kyon.) That was great!

My next door neighbor was over today both this afternoon and this evening to watch anime. My work was closed today for the 6-8" of snow forecasted that only put down a dusting on the grass, what a bust. We watched Blood+ Eps 21-25 this afternoon, finishing off Part 1, then after supper she came back and I showed her Ancient Magus Bride episodes 4-8. She had watched the first 3 episodes at home on her own about two weeks ago, but with that *gasp* most horrid-sounding English dub I've ever heard; I forced her to watch it subbed tonight!

Last edited:
Hunter x Hunter - Episodes 117 - 136 - Well I can honestly say that I did not see this arc ending like that o_O Couple of things I guess I should mention, Episode 131, or that episode was just amazing, like I'll be honest I thought it was a little goofy at first but as it went on I was sat there like "Holy $£%&, this is incredible..", the pure emotion they managed to put across was quite something, the way it switched the artstyle to black and white with red just looked crazy good and really brought it home for me. Last time I posted I said...
part of me kinda want's him to completely obliterate her, like remember in One Punch Man when Saitama hit that mosquito enemy so hard she instantly turned into a coat of red paint on the near by building? I want that.
And while it wasn't really that, it was a lot closer to that than I thought it would be. I'm really bad with words and worse at putting my thoughts down in them, but that was up there with the best episodes of anime I have ever seen tbh.

Then there's the Netero vs Meruem fight that was pretty much what I hoped it would be, I'm a big fan of the badass old man type of characters and in that respect Netero did not disappoint me that's for sure. I was pretty worried that he died for nothing but it kinda worked out in the end. I will say seeing Youpi (As a sidenote, seeing chibi Youpi and then hearing him speak with the same voice of Kenpachi Zaraki will never not be weird for me lol) and Pouf react to finding the Kings body felt really odd, like it felt almost comedic and I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to.

Anyway I loved this arc a lot but I still think the York New one was a bit better (or rather, more consistent), but hey if your show has 2 arcs this good then you're doing something right.

Not sure what the deal with these last episodes is gonna be, but I'll be sad to see the back of HxH when I do finish it.

shimoneta 1- 6 (rewatch) - Do not eat the cookies!
overlord 2 2-5 - makes you watch lizardmen for a few episodes, which makes it seem like a wasted effort considering how strong the main cast is, then just when a few of them seem interesting, it pulls one of the main cast out of it's a** again and ends any kind of development the lizardmen would have had the fight with cocytus and the resolve with the lizardmen in this fight show that they could have some development, some personality beyond the cringe cut and paste they've had up to that point, then kills them way to easily, with only the possibility of bring about 2 of them back. I've already heard the next visits something completely different, I don't see myself enjoying the next one as after it gets basically a full lizardman plot it's a square one thing again

Violet Evergarden ep 9
These last 3 episodes have been really good. This one seemed more like a finale rather than an episode with 5 left in the season. It tied up everything we've seen so far and made sitting through those first 6 episodes worth it.

HaNaYaMaTa eps 1-6
A CGDCT SoL from the director of A Place Further Than the Universe. The MC is similar to the first girl we meet in APFTTU (Mari) in that she feels she hasn't done anything with her youth and then she meets Hana who really wants to take part in Yosakoi (a type of dancing). The show so far is quite fun if not a bit tropey, something you can't accuse APFTTU of being. The only thing that takes you out of it a bit is that Hana is supposed to be American, but her first name is Japanese and speaks perfect Japanese (maybe I can't hear anything wrong and she does get picked up on her Kanji writing when it comes to the "you have to pass your exams to X" part). It is mentioned in the first episode that she visited Japan when young and saw Yosakoi and that's why she is a fan, maybe her mother is Japanese (her family name is one of those weird English ones that sounds made up: Fountainstand!) or maybe her parents are Otaku and she as a result is a super Weaboo. In fact the other (Japanese) girls don't even seem to be aware of Yosakoi!

Violet Evergarden ep 9
These last 3 episodes have been really good. This one seemed more like a finale rather than an episode with 5 left in the season. It tied up everything we've seen so far and made sitting through those first 6 episodes worth it.
why have I forgotten to keep watching this?
I think it was 6 I watched last violet ends the episode actually feeling guilt for her time as a soldier

Worth watching though? :confused:
I'm seeing how much different I am to @Phobos with this, excel saga wasn't my favourite series, a bit too random, but I actually enjoyed the manga before I got to the end of it.
I get that some people have issues with shimoneta just being the same kind of joke through the series, but it is tied to the plot. some of shimoneta still makes me laugh

I'm seeing how much different I am to @Phobos with this, excel saga wasn't my favourite series, a bit too random, but I actually enjoyed the manga before I got to the end of it.
I get that some people have issues with shimoneta just being the same kind of joke through the series, but it is tied to the plot. some of shimoneta still makes me laugh
It is. The plot overall wasn’t too bad. Ultimately I kept watching to see just where it went, I got a bit tired of all the innuendo being pretty much the same though. There’s only so much you can do when it’s all coming from the same place. The cookies though... just.... I’m not going to envision them the same again.

why have I forgotten to keep watching this?
I think it was 6 I watched last violet ends the episode actually feeling guilt for her time as a soldier
Could be 5: The Majors brother confronts her and says how can you be doing what you're doing now (ie being an Auto Memories Doll) with blood on your hands.
Or episode 8: A flashback episode in which she realises the weight of her actions during the war.

It is. The plot overall wasn’t too bad. Ultimately I kept watching to see just where it went, I got a bit tired of all the innuendo being pretty much the same though. There’s only so much you can do when it’s all coming from the same place. The cookies though... just.... I’m not going to envision them the same again.
I can't envision sulking butts without it now.
there's something I could do with how you've written that post, but I'll refrain

Could be 5: The Majors brother confronts her and says how can you be doing what you're doing now (ie being an Auto Memories Doll) with blood on your hands.
Or episode 8: A flashback episode in which she realises the weight of her actions during the war.
I remember it focused on a writer and Violet was far more emotive to the story than she's ever been talking to people

Back