Your viewing journal

How to Keep a Mummy episode 8 Now this was really cool, hope we get more episodes like this before the series ends.

Miss Koizumi loves Ramen Noodles episode 9 Just how red can one get when eating Ramen anyway?

Violet Evergarden episode 8 Blimey that came and went in a flash. This episode was really needed to give what came before some real purpose, and it worked.

Yuru Camp episode 9 I honestly don't want this series to end at 12 episodes, second season pls.

Battles Without Honor and Humanity: Deadly Fight in Hiroshima (Film) Realised that I'd only watched the first film in this series despite owning the set for ages so I decided to check it out. It was entertaining enough.

A bit of a cheat since I usually go alphabetically with my backlog but:
Yuri!!! On Ice episodes 1-7

Last edited:
Violet Evergarden-Episode 8

This episode made me come to the realisation that I wish this show was set during the war instead of after it. Exploring the relationship between Violet and Gilbert during the war in this one episode has been far more interesting and enjoyable than almost anything we've seen in other episodes, not to mention it would let them sprinkle in some kick ass action bits like we saw this week to keep things more engaging, because my god, those action scenes were amazing this week. Oh well, looking forward to next weeks!

Yu-Gi-Oh!-Episode 47

Dungeon Dice Monsters is kind of not very good.

Outlaw Star-Episodes 2-4

Really liking this thus far! The animation is amazing, not that I'd expect less from late 90s Sunrise, and I just really love the mash up of space combat action mixed with traditional hand to hand and gun based action. I know this show often gets compared to Bebop, but besides the studio and the space setting, I'm not sure they're that comparable, at least not so far.

Yuru Camp episode 9 I honestly don't want this series to end at 12 episodes, second season pls.
There's 5 volumes of the manga so far in Japan, looking at Amazon. I have no idea how much has been covered or if there is more manga to come.
The first English volume is out later in the month, again according to Amazon.

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Ep 6
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Sub) Ep 8
Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan (Sub) Ep 3
How to Keep a Mummy (Sub) Ep 8
Marchen Maedchen (Sub) Ep 8
Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles (Sub) Ep 9
The Seven Heavenly Virtues (Sub) Ep 5
Yuru Camp (Sub) Ep 9

Welcome to the NHK!(Sub)-5-8- Getting more and more interesting as it goes a long.

Spirited Away(Sub)(Rewatch)- Been watching Ghibli and other Anime studio films with my Mum lately(First time for her).Do Really like Spirited Away though not my favourite from the Ghibli films I've seen so far 8/10 .(Not seen all of them we're going through them all.) .Out of the few I've seen so far Totoro is my favourite along with Grave Of The Fireflies which I saw a while back (rented it from the library) which I'll be getting a copy of soon so I can show it to my Mum plus the fact it was a brilliant ,beautiful story.

Wednesday:
Kill Me Baby eps 11–13 (finished rewatch)
I'm sad to reach the end of this again. It's just sooo funny. Possibly my favourite anime comedy, @Girls wIth Guns. ;)

Yesterday:
Evangelion 1.11 (Re-re-re.....rewatch)
First time seeing the film in HD. It looks great.

Over the past few days watched these:

Dagashi Kashi 2 episode 5 - After the first few episodes just being dagashi ads i was happy he episodes were 11 mins long but now there's actual plot i want longer episodes.

Garo: Crimson Moon episodes 4-8 (On-hold) - Putting this on hold till i pick up Part 2, it was on FuniNow awhile ago so i was going to continue it on there but it doesn't seem to be there anymore :(

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War episodes 6-12 (Complete)

Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash episode 1

Otogi Zoshi eps 22-24 plus 2 specials (rewatch complete)
Everything came together quite neatly if not a little rushed. I liked the idea behind the 2nd arc and in this story it wouldn't finish the way it did without the first, but the idea didn't necessarily need the first arc to exist to work, if that makes sense. I'm sure there must be plenty of anime that has a similar theme. Overall I liked the first arc better as the second arc was mostly episodic, but even so I think the first arc could have been better in some aspects. Probably keep this at 7 on MAL which is my placeholder score for the anime I watched ages ago that I remember liking, but not necessarily how good or bad it actually was.

_20180302_214026.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Noragami: Aragoto eps 1-3
Continues pretty much where the first season left off. It's shaping up nicely to be another great series. It has a little of most of the stuff I like: comedy, drama, spirit world stuff and the odd embarrassing romance will they won't they bits (and a sprinkle of fan service, but not in your face stuff).

Thor: Ragnarok
Hilarious film and definitely the best Thor (and Hulk) film ever.

Yuri!!! On Ice episodes 8-12/OVA (Complete. This was a very good sports anime with a strong core relationship and, improved from broadcast, fluid animation that realistically conveys ice skating and kept my eyes glued to the screen.

What makes this anime great is that it isn't necessary predicable, and Yuri isn't the best ice skater, nor the worst- he tries his hardest but makes mistakes. As we follow his journey he reminded me of an unreliable narrator at times, putting himself down when really he was more than capable with the right motivation. It added some realism and grounded YoI when it needed it. Overall this was really good, a definite recommend.) 4/5

The Apartment (Film) This is a superb drama/comedy, built around Jack Lemmon's unrivalled charm and ability as an actor. Billy Wilder is typically on form here.

Another cheat but...
91 Days episodes 1-2

B: The Beginning ep1

100% accurate recreation of Netflix’s arrival in anime town

9a7988fd8b395af683d6178e37e785cdd8bbebbe_hq.gif

Seriously, that was tremendous. I had little idea what to expect from this series, but somehow it makes anachronistic crime fantasy seem effortless and natural. I just hope the rest is up to this standard.

Citrus (Dub) Episode 6
Darling in the FranXX (Dub) Episode 5
Violet Evergarden (Dub) Episode 8
Beatless (Sub) Episode 8
Killing Bites (Sub) Episode 8
Record of Grancrest War (Sub) Episode 9

killing bites ep 8- the series finally remembers that some viewers watch with their pants on there's a little more exposure to some characters too! gotta love rabbit's "full" backstory! the one with the sharpest fangs wins! Hey it's me, tiger! So this is the power of Ultra Instinct, huh? But ratel is strong too! Can Ultra Instinct beat her? Find out on the next episode of killing bites z! Ratel and tiger, ultra aggression vs Ultra Instinct! Let's go ratel!

Movies

Macross Frontier Movies 1+2 - Rewatch
A Silent Voice - Rewatch

Seasonal:

A Place Further than the Universe - 1-8
Citrus - 1-8
Laid Back Camp - 1
Junji ito Collection - 1-8
Ms Koizumi Loves Ramen - 1-9
Sanrio Boys - 1-8
Slow Start - 1-8

Back