Your viewing journal

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
Despite owning them, I never actually did get around to watching the Gurren Lagann films, mostly because I was unaware of any changes. Will have to change that!

The Ancient Magus Bride-Episode 18

I did kind of like how the roles were reversed in this episode, although I can't say I'm too thrilled about them teasing the return of that pretty forgettable villain. At least it will give the show some semblance of a plot that it so desperately needs right now.

Gakuen Babysitters-Episode 6

Kotaro delivering the lunch was genuinely one of the best scenes in the show so far, adorable yet genuinely quite funny at the same time.

Mitchiri Neko-Episode 7

This totally not horror anime featured several cats trying to rip the skin off of another cat. David Cronenberg couldn't even make this up!

Kakegurui-Episodes 1-3

Will Ryota ever actually do anything? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z Kakegurui!

Glad I did it too, was afraid I wouldn't be able to watch the first series, since it's OOP and hard to come by for a reasonable price (I dislike LEs/CEs with big cardboard boxes, that's why I didn't get the UK ones). I held off a little on whether or not I should start Brotherhood, before I got the first series, but a couple of days after, I purchased it from a user here :D
I really liked the show up until the turn with the gate, and with that being said, I don't think I'll like Shamballa all that much (still gonna enjoy it, I hope) but am interested to see what happens.
I hope you find something to enjoy. I thought it was terrible.

Wish they'd have killed . . . in some of those characters' place.
It's interesting, because I think that writer Kazuki Nakashima succeeds in getting you to sympathise with him even after turning him into the villain of the piece. (Especially with the whole attempted suicide plotline.)

Nakashima's really good at tugging the viewer in different directions, I think — just like with some of the shock developments in Kill la Kill, which he also wrote.

It's interesting, because I think that writer Kazuki Nakashima succeeds in getting you to sympathise with him even after turning him into the villain of the piece. (Especially with the whole attempted suicide plotline.)

Nakashima's really good at tugging the viewer in different directions, I think — just like with some of the shock developments in Kill la Kill, which he also wrote.
Yeah the writer does make him sympathetic, and he does get to grit his teeth via Simons' fist and eventually snaps out of it, but I still thought he was a dick. Maybe a rewatch will change my opinion.

Despite owning them, I never actually did get around to watching the Gurren Lagann films, mostly because I was unaware of any changes. Will have to change that!
Having left quite a large gap of time between my viewing of the series and the films, the only notable change in the films I noticed was the addition of a scene with Nia and Yoko's nipples.

So yeah, get on that.

Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls episode 6 Ooo a timeskip, that'll make things interesting.

Ace Attorney episodes 5-13 (On-Hold. Liking this so far but I'll wait for them to dub the second half or the season.)

Aho Girl! episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was really funny for the most part. It doesn't have any depth but was very entertaining nonetheless.) 3.5/5

farzam1999

Completely Average High School Student
I hope you find something to enjoy. I thought it was terrible.
Well I just finished Shamballa. To put it short, I thought it was okay, the thing I still disliked was, what was on the other side.
I enjoyed that the brothers were reunited at the end of the movie. I think it would've been better if it was someplace else, rather than Earth. Or maybe use some other characters? - instead of real life ones, idk. And where was the "other side" Mustang? Would've like to see him, and how Ed would react to it.

Regardless, I still like the first series very much, and the movie can be viewed once in a while. I just hope that I'll still be able to watch '03 and Shamballa after Brotherhood :D
Now I gotta take a little break from FMA, that way I won't be burned out on Brotherhood, and watch Soul Eater or Eden of the East. Which one would be best?

Well I just finished Shamballa. To put it short, I thought it was okay, the thing I still disliked was, what was on the other side.
I enjoyed that the brothers were reunited at the end of the movie. I think it would've been better if it was someplace else, rather than Earth. Or maybe use some other characters? - instead of real life ones, idk. And where was the "other side" Mustang? Would've like to see him, and how Ed would react to it.

Regardless, I still like the first series very much, and the movie can be viewed once in a while. I just hope that I'll still be able to watch '03 and Shamballa after Brotherhood :D
Now I gotta take a little break from FMA, that way I won't be burned out on Brotherhood, and watch Soul Eater or Eden of the East. Which one would be best?
Well Soul Eater is great up until the last few episodes when like FMA it has an anime only ending that sucks ass.
EotE I remember being quite good, the two films were as well. Depends what you're looking for really.

farzam1999

Completely Average High School Student
Well Soul Eater is great up until the last few episodes when like FMA it has an anime only ending that sucks ass.
EotE I remember being quite good, the two films were as well. Depends what you're looking for really.
Think it would be better to watch Eden, it's only 11 episodes (I think?), would be nice with a short anime, and then the two movies.