Your viewing journal

Fate/Apocrypha-Episode 23

I'm unsure if it's just because I was falling asleep towards the end of this episode, but I'm genuinely unsure what happened in the last 5 minutes or so.

Cardcaptor Sakura-Episodes 1 and 2

Can I catch up on the first 70 episodes before Clear Card? Probably not, but I'll be damned if I won't try!

Konohana Kitan eps 4-7
I don't know what will get me first dehydration or diabetes.
The second half of episode 4 with the mother making new outfits for her dead daughter so she could find happiness in the afterlife was so moving I'm welling up just typing this! And the all the characters and their relationships are really sweet.

Black Clover episode 12

Boruto: Naruto next Generations
episode 38

Ed Edd n Eddy: Fa La La La Ed
A childhood classic from this time of year (the concept of Ed wanting Christmas in summer is endearing) EEnE is still my favourite CN/CC show

Food Wars! The Third Plate episode 12 (Complete. Another solid season that keeps up the consistency of the first two, especially
Soma seldom winning and people almost always voting against his cooking as per usual when he faces a worthy rival. That combined with him admirably taking it all in his stride
Season three also finally gives tsundere Erina her tragic backstory. Overall this is still an enjoyable series though the predictable patterns in its storytelling are beginning to show.) 4/5

Naruto (Partial Rewatch)
episodes 81-93

Inuyashiki: Last Hero episode 11 (Complete. This was the unexpected gem of the season for me. A brutal anime that forces one to examine just how far the boundaries can be pushed both in-universe and in ours in terms of how violent the series is. The animation works for the most part, and even the occasionally iffy CGI doesn't distract nor detract from the action. Overall this was a great anime, and I look forward to the eventual home media release.) 4/5

Naruto (Partial Rewatch) episodes 94-96

Various Christmas specials and A Christmas Story

Cardcaptor Sakura-Episodes 1 and 2

Can I catch up on the first 70 episodes before Clear Card? Probably not, but I'll be damned if I won't try!

Sakura is one of the all time greats! Just pure quality on all fronts, with genuinely innocent and lovable characters, a great plot and consistently good animation. All time great OPs, too!

And the way the movies complete and wrap the whole thing up is incredible. The animation on those is mouth watering. A superb feel-good series that will warm your heart!

pls give ultimate edition with movies AL thx

Juni Taisen ep12 (end)

The very, very end was a little bit anticlimactic, but otherwise I thought that was a good finale. Still unsure exactly how to sum up my thoughts on the series as a whole though.

Constructing the narrative to purposely confound your expectations for a death game setup is a bold move, and creates an interesting focus on the characters' personality rather than their ultimate fate, but I don't think it's entirely successful. In practice, this makes the series feel overly mechanical and I'm not surprised that people seemed to lose interest before the end - I think it really needed to be wilder and weirder in its action to keep folk coming back.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy it. It's a good looking series that dares to be different, and I was intrigued by how much it avoids marking out a main character. Even if its more experimental ideas don't always work, perhaps those that follow it might learn something by its example.

Noein: To Your Other Self eps 15-24
Not bad. A bit long so drags in places, and whilst I understand the theory of multiple dimensions the techno babble got a bit confusing at times, as did the plot.
The animation was experimental, let's say, especially for the characters some of which worked and some not so much. The CG really worked for the Shangri-la creatures, but Haruka's house looked out of place when compared to the rest of the current day stuff.

_20171222_125922.JPG

_20171222_125858.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Konohana Kitan eps 8 & 9
Continues to delight.

Back