Your viewing journal

Naruto Shippuden (Partial Rewatch) episodes 152-160 Jiraya's death always hits me right in the feels. It's very well done.

Kings Game - Finished

Thankfully thats over with. While the series has a few interesting things, they're few and far between. And don't even get me started with the gore in this, it has serious issues deciding if its going to be a bloodfest over a small cut or people acting totally normal when on fire or after a chainsaw through their neck.

Pacing was massively off with nothing happening for ages then throwing everything at you, not helped by switching between Present and Past events. I'm also going to completely ignore that ending because it was just bad... Not even funny bad... Just bad.

Its always a bonus to say the most likable character was Chiemi, a character who died before the events of the game and didn't really have much screen time. Second being Aimi, who once again didn't get much screen time. Yeh, I really didn't care about the characters of this show... What made the ending even more utterly c&&&

Glad its ended/10

Oh and did I mention... To be continued

Hand Shakers Episode 13 (OVA) (RAW)

Kinda wish there were subs but Funimation have managed to ignore every tweet I've sent soo.. Raw it is

Nice little prequel episode.

Episode falls into my Unrated pile alone with the series, not because I don't like the series but I would rather watch a more finished product. The TV series has issues with artifacting during the battle scenes making the series look pretty awful. Hopefully a Bluray where a little more time has gone into finalizing the animation will fix this. As mentioned, OVA has no subtitles so I can't fully rate it

As always, no idea when/if this or the series will get released on Bluray, hopefully something happens -_-

Recovery of an MMO Junkie (or whatever its called) (1-6)
Light, nothing standout but enjoyed all the same and will probably finish off tonight. Makes me want to play Freelancer again as well :)

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond episode 12 (Complete. Another fun series in this wild and wacky universe. One or two of the episodes were weaker than the rest but overall this was as enjoyable as the first, and the final two episodes were effectively dark and brooding.) 4/5

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 12

Naruto Shippuden (Partial Rewatch)
episodes 161-169, 172-175, 245-254, 296-302 The Pain Assault Arc is definitely one of the highlights of the series. Also Naruto meeting his parents is emotionally draining.

Tokyo Marble Chocolate
Funny love story seen from both sides.

Konohana Kitan eps 10-12
Lovely series, but due to it being a collection of stories rather than an overall arc MMO Junkie is still my favourite from this season, although it's very close. I've got 5 series still to watch though.

Blend-S Episode 12 - Finished

Lovely series, well worth watching

------------------

Going to finish Wife is Student Council Prez... or Sleep
Sleep sounds good

----

Edit

Wife is the student council prez - Finished
Meh 5/10

A Sister is all you need - Finished
Really enjoyed this series, 8/10

Last edited:
ClassicaLoid s2 ep 6.

Just Because ep 11. Best girl still has a chance, but I'm sure it's a false hope. This is anime after all.

Kotohana Kitan ep 9. I never really got into this episode, maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it.

TwoCar
ep 9-10. Episode 9 was just a clipshow, the production team must be either low on money or time (or both).

Millennium Actress (dub)
Dispite being a fairly simple (and moving) story about the life of an actress Satoshi Kon still made it a mind bending experience.

Part one of a Satoshi Kon triple bill, after having seen Perfect Blue at the cinema earlier in the year and with Tokyo Godfathers on MUBI I thought I'd watch the other 2 at the same time. It is also part of the Manga Force Collection.

_20171224_225027.JPG

_20171224_224903.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Claymore eps 2-4 (dub)

Back