Your viewing journal

Lupin the Third: Jigen's Gravestone Gritty and stylish, just how I like it. Seeing these characters in a more brutal and violent setting makes for great viewing. I wish they'd make a new series with this tone, combining a more mature atmosphere with the signature Lupin tropes fans have come to love. Definitely recommended. 4/5

Lupin the Third: Island of Assassins

Another darker entry in the Lupin franchise, but still maintaining that Lupin zing. These specials, like the series, are just a lot of fun, and I want to watch all of them eventually. On a side note It's nice seeing Sonny Strait and Christopher Sabat in the dub since their voices suit the characters well. My only real complaint is that the animation is a bit lacklustre in the character department, their eyes look very strange in some instances. 4/5

Invincible Superman Zambot 3 Episodes 17-23 (End) I won't say too much about Zambot as I'll be covering it (as well as a gazillion other titles) at some length in the near future as part of an ongoing project with @orgun

All I'll say for now is that I enjoyed it a lot. Watch out for more info in early 2018 on the forums when "the project" begins.

Last edited:
Invincible Superman Zambot 3 - Episodes 21 - 23 [Final]

Zambot 3 has stood up well on this rewatch. I’ll be covering this in more detail with @Scrambled Valkyrie in the New Year, look out for an announcement in January!

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - Episodes 11 & 12 [Final]

Good fun but I missed the mecha, now looking forward to TSR.

Two more from the Manga Force Collection although one is part 1 of a series.

Noein: To Your Other Self eps 2-5 (sub)
I actually watched this on Crunchyroll as that is where I watched the first episode when thinking about buying it. The video quality didn't seem much different from the DVD though.
I think I've got a grasp of what's going on.

DSC_1280.JPG

Kai Doh Maru
Where as with this is quite confusing and sort of ends without a full explanation or knowing what happened to some of the characters. The animation isn't the best either apart from one scene where the town is torched which looked pretty cool. The architecture looked like it was made in a design programme like AutoCAD! Way too clean.

DSC_1284.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Girls' Last Tour ep 10
Loved the scene with the sunset.

Sword of the Stranger Pilot
Looks great, with great action. Will watch the film tomorrow, didn't have enough time today before work.

Last edited:
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond episode 11

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 11

Magikano episodes 1-3 Dropped I wasn't gonna waste any more time on this. This isn't the worst anime I've seen but it's down there.

Martian Successor Nadesico episodes 1-10

Sound! Euphonium (season 1) (complete)
Very much enjoyed it but gonna have a go at something else before I move on to season 2. Could make a start on The Ancient Magus' Bride?

Genius Party (rewatch)(already)

Shanghai Dragon is my favourite of the first set of shorts, but I do rather like Limit Cycle as well; it has some interesting ponderings on human nature:

People only seek horizontal symmetry — not in height or depth.

Noein: To Your Other Self eps 6-9
Liking the current day stuff more than the alternate dimension stuff at the moment. I'm thinking that Haruka will have to save her dimension and in turn save the alternate dimension.

_20171217_180100.JPG

Sword of the Stranger

Absolutely epic.

Last edited:
Martian Successor Nadesico episodes 11-26 (Complete. This is a fun sci-fi series that doesn't take itself too seriously, but still manages to tell a solid story in the process. The characters are also decent, with a likeable lead and supporting cast.

The drawbacks I have with Nadesico is that the love square aspect, whilst mainly played for laughs, just feels meh for the most part
Megumi dramatically splitting with Akito amounting to nothing for example
that and the humour doesn't always hit, but when it does I got a good laugh and a smirk out of it. Overall this series is good fun.) 4/5

Last edited:
Anime-Gataris ep 8. So many references in this episode, I wouldn't even know where to start listing them all. It is great to see a Lucky Star reference after all these years though.

Just Because ep 10. We all know the best girl will lose, but this series insists on keeping our hopes up. That's starting to annoy me now to be honest.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie ep 6-10 (complete). The plot relied on extraordinary coincidence a bit too much, but the mix of great characters who I can somewhat relate to along with pacing that always left me wanting more at the end of each episode makes this my anime of the season.

Back