Your viewing journal

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin V...Dozle was funny in this. Damn the gassing/massacre of the citizens of the colony before dropping it on Earth was a real impact. Can't remember if a VI has been announced, hope so after that ending.

and there's two sequences, at the start and end of the film, with a rocking electric guitar track... and it just completely takes you out of the setting.
The film is based on a manga series by the late Hinako Sugiura. She apparently used to listen to rock music while drawing, so director Keiichi Hara is paying tribute to this.

I did think of crossing off the OVAs
I reckon you'll find the four-episode OVA vastly superior to the movie, which has sacrificed a lot of the brilliantly animated action sequences in order to cram the story into its two-hour running time.

Beyond the Boundary movie 2: Future

This easily outstripped what I was expecting from it. There's some disarmingly natural-sounding voice acting in some key places, and other big moments that are just really... emotionally raw. The villain in this is a true psychopath as well, with a voice performance to match. There's a pleasing weight to this film, including some worldly wisdom:

— What do you think it takes to be happy?
— It's different for everyone. That's why there's not one answer that works for everything. But... if you try to think about it logically and keep lying to yourself, you'll probably never be able to feel truly happy.
And that ending. Whoa. Anime so rarely allows that.

Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu - Episodes 8 - 10 (Blu-ray)

Dragon's Heaven

Dream Dimension Hunter Fandora - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin V

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin V...Dozle was funny in this. Damn the gassing/massacre of the citizens of the colony before dropping it on Earth was a real impact. Can't remember if a VI has been announced, hope so after that ending.

You're not wrong there, very powerful stuff!!!

Hidamari Sketch x 365 OVAS Didn't notice these on the disc menu last night, glad I watched them though :)

Himouto! Umaru-Chan
episodes 1-12 (Complete. I wasn't sure what I'd make of this series. The MC is a whiny spoilt teen who holds a facade of grace to all but her long-suffering brother. Thankfully, they never make Umaru too unlikeable, and she slowly develops throughout the series. Taihei is likeable, and is one of the more understanding/patient characters I've seen in anime, and the supporting cast are quirky as well. The series in general is likeable enough, it's laidback and manages to raise a few laughs. Overall this was decent and fun, if a little irksome in places. Also, not sure if this needed a second season but I'll happily watch it in the future.) 3.5/5

Hyperdimension Neptunia episodes 1-6

Finished Showing Death Parade to my next-door neighbors in my theater on Friday night, eps 5-12 (end). They totally enjoyed it.

We were going to start FLAG (DVD) last night, but the neighbors were out shopping and didn't get home early enough to come over. We'll try again one evening this week.

Hyperdimension Neptunia episodes 7-12/OVA (This was a solid series loosely based on the popular game series. It has some cool ideas and decent characters, but doesn't leave much of a lasting impact. That being said It's still a recommended watch.) 3.5/5

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders episodes 1-16

Last edited:
ClassicaLoid s2 ep 6-7. The new character has added an interesting new dynamic, hopefully she sticks around.

Kotohana Kitan ep 7. Cute as always.

Two Car ep 7. I know it's showing us the various characters in more detail, but I wish this anime would actually have a race once in a while. All they are doing is practising.

Back