Your viewing journal

Not anime but worth mentioning:

Blade of the Immortal (theatrical screening)

I really rather enjoyed watching this. It was a good two and half hours' entertainment.

However...
Seems like I've already gone back to watching films by myself again.

There really is no way out of this by now, is there?

Two more from the Manga Force Collection:

Dead Leaves
You can tell it's by the same director as Gurren Lagann from the character design and the over the top action, I would describe it as Gurren Lagann turned up to over 9000. It also has a lot of elements that appeared in Gurren Lagann.

DSC_1277.JPG

Appleseed
Good action flick. The animation has dated a lot more than Akira, My Neighbour Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies all from the same year, but to be fair probably didn't have the same budget as them. I also noticed that Mobile Police Patlabor and Dominion also had OVAs in the same season, but I haven't seen them to compare.

DSC_1276.JPG

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (?) = Honestly can't remember!; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (?)
Akira (w) Don't own the MF Collection version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Mar (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (?)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Ergo Proxy complete
Actually has a similar set up to Appleseed, a utopian city with a population partially made up of manufactured citizens. Where Appleseeds plot from there is fairly simple Ergo Proxy is over complicated with questions not fully answered and not helped by episodes that go off on a tangent, not filler as such as there were nuggets of information, but they seemed to pause the main plot. I liked the animation and another OP tune that's on Spotify.
Probably needs a rewatch now that I know how it ends, I think, to try and put together the most important points.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep 11
My thinking was right from all the way back in episode 2 Your viewing journal. Seems a bit weird seeing as I'm guessing a lot of Japanese would know the winner of the original story. There would have been no harm in switching it around.

Food Wars! The Third Plate episode 11 I can already see where this is going but it's still good fun

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders/Battle in Egypt
episodes 17-33

Genius Party Beyond
This is more of a mixed bag than the first collection of shorts, but it includes what are probably my two favourites out of the whole lot. In fact, if you ask me (which nobody did! :p), then I'd say that Toujin Kit and Dimension Bomb are worth the price of the CE set alone!

Dead Leaves
. . . It also has a lot of elements that appeared in Gurren Lagann.

"Your drill is the drill that will bust through the heavens!!" ;)

Black Clover episode 11

Boruto: Naruto next Generations
episode 37

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Stardust Crusaders-Battle in Egypt
episodes 34-48 (Complete. Another awesome series of JoJo goodness, with a surprisingly melancholic ending. This really improves upon the previous arcs in terms of characters and story, and it makes for great viewing. There's nothing quite like this franchise.) 4/5

Fate/Zero ep18-19

These two Kiritsugu-centric eps have been a surprise highlight of the series so far, they've fleshed him out in a much more interesting fashion than I'd have expected.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie eps 2-3
I just realised that this only had 10 episodes and thus is finished, so I've started to binge it.
Some good LOLs in episode 2 especially. I wonder how long it will take before they discover the truth about each other.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie eps 4-7
Most of the romance anime I've seen has been about high schoolers, so it's good to see it from a different angle. And Moriko's personality make her just as cute, if not cuter, than the female protagonists from the other romance anime I've seen.

Inuyashiki episode 10
MAARRRII!!!

K
episodes 1-13 (Complete. A fun and intriguing series that unfolds it's plot of mystery over the course of the 13 episodes. This is a franchise I eagerly await AL releasing the rest of in the U.K.) 4/5

Recovery of an MMO Junkie eps 8-10 + special complete
Couldn't skip to the next episode quick enough at the end of each one. Funny and endearing series.

Seems it's an adaptation of a web manga that is currently on hiatus so there may not be another season.

Back