Your viewing journal

Baldr Force Exe OVA 1-4 (Complete. This was an intriguing Sci-fi based on a PS2 game. Though the CGI hasn't dated well it tells a decent story, and I'd actually like to see more, kind of a shame it only got 4 episodes tbh.) 3.5/5

Ben To
episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was a solid series, kind of like a more bizarre and eccentric Fight Club, only with nihilism replaced with Bento boxes. I wouldn't say it was amazing, and the characters leave little impact (aside from one Umi who needlessly attacks the MC at every opportunity)but it was fun, if a little strange humour-wise) 3/5
Show highlight: Yo jumping out of a window to save his Sega Saturn whilst replicating the iconic "Sega" booting sound.

Black Butler II episodes 1-5

Last edited:
My Hero Academia season 2 episode 9 (22).
Attack On Titan season 2 episode 9 (34).
Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side episode 7.
Seven Mortal Sins episode 5.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II - (Complete) I Nearly didn't watch this based on the 'Meh'ness I felt watching the first Season. I'm glad I did though as I found this season much more entertaining than the first, and to top it all off it prompted me to watch the 3rd Season -->

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - (Complete) So yeah, I watched the third season and found it to be even better than the first two combined. That's probably mostly due to the fact it wasn't setup like a "Conquest" of the week anymore, taking on a bigger story line, and putting more depth to the whole Heaven, Hell and escaped souls side of the story. Considering this series was watched on a whim, I was very pleased with how it turned out.

91 Days - (Eps 1-5) Do love a good Gangsta Story. Given this series is only 12 episodes long I'm interested to see how they plan to wrapping things up given the state of things by episode 5. Hoping it lives up to some of the hype I've heard.

Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name) - OK, so I have previously said that I wouldn't be watching this until it was released in the UK (I have it on pre-order). That was mainly due to the fact that I didn't want to see it with crappy quality the first time round. I was able to see this in reasonable good quality the other night and I gave in to temptation. If anything it made me look forward to getting the Bluray even more! Loved the film, the story, the animation; and I'm definitely getting the Soundtrack. I wouldn't go as far to say it's the best Anime Film I've ever seen, as statistics would suggest, but it was certainly a very good watch and a definite recommendation to anyone interested in animated films (not just anime fans). Already looking forward to watching it again on release!

Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice) - Again with this as with Kimi no Na wa., I have it on pre-order but decided I didn't want to wait several months and ended up watching it last night. I had a sneaky suspicion that I would end up enjoying this more than Kimi no, and I was greeted with that exact experience. Unlike "Your Name", this had a more adult theme and as such had me completely engrossed. I won't go into too much detail about this film as it's one of those, the less you know, the more you'll enjoy it kind of films. The story was well paced and draws you in. I'm not ashamed to say that I had a tear or too by the end, and usually that boost it's rating in my eyes. Anything that can pull strong emotions to the surface is definitely worth the praise it deserves. Another must watch! Again, I can't wait to watch it again on release!

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II - (Complete) I Nearly didn't watch this based on the 'Meh'ness I felt watching the first Season. I'm glad I did though as I found this season much more entertaining than the first, and to top it all off it prompted me to watch the 3rd Season -->

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - (Complete) So yeah, I watched the third season and found it to be even better than the first two combined. That's probably mostly due to the fact it wasn't setup like a "Conquest" of the week anymore, taking on a bigger story line, and putting more depth to the whole Heaven, Hell and escaped souls side of the story. Considering this series was watched on a whim, I was very pleased with how it turned out.

Out of interest...Did you watch the Tenri-Hen OVA's before watching the third season?

Out of interest...Did you watch the Tenri-Hen OVA's before watching the third season?
Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the OVA's until I was watching the 3rd season. There were recaps and enough flashbacks to explain what happened, so it didn't seem to effect my enjoyment. Watched the 3 series on Crunchyroll you see, and the OVA's weren't included. =__=

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the OVA's until I was watching the 3rd season. There were recaps and enough flashbacks to explain what happened, so it didn't seem to effect my enjoyment. Watched the 3 series on Crunchyroll you see, and the OVA's weren't included. =__=

Ah, that's good, at least you didn't end up confused & your enjoyment didn't budge. It's lame that the OVA's aren't included anywhere but physically as they're so important to the plot.
(Plus I love Tenri)

Ah, that's good, at least you didn't end up confused & your enjoyment didn't budge. It's lame that the OVA's aren't included anywhere but physically as they're so important to the plot.
(Plus I love Tenri)
I wasn't feeling Tenri (probably because she's mostly in goddess mode in season 3), but I imagine her OVA would help with that. (Chihiro FTW) :)

The Tower of Druaga: Aegis of Uruk-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

This was okay, I guess. First episode showed promise as a tongue in cheek comedy, but the sharp turn into generic fantasy ruined any enthusiasm I had.

Haikyu!!-Episodes 5-8

Still enjoying this a bunch! Although I liked Hinata a lot, I must admit, Tanaka is a pretty close second. Growing on Kageyama a lot too of recent.

My Hero Academia - Season 2 Episode 9 - For the briefest of moments I thought she was gonna do it, then I remembered I was watching an anime and that would have been a far too interesting thing to happen >_>

Log Horizon - Episodes 15-18 - This princess is too much, TOO MUCH! Also, the whole pushing their glasses up their noses thing is getting annoying lol.

Voices of a Distant Star - So uh....how the hell did the 5.1 audio get through QC? Embarrassing tbh, especially considering how long this took. As for the film/short/whatever itself, I've always thought it was a really nice idea but not particularly well done, and after this watch I still think that (although all things considered I should probably cut him some slack on this one....).

Back