Your viewing journal

Eromanga Sensei-Episodes 9

Elf is 100% the Ruri of Eromanga, only more trash.

Alice and Zouroku-Episode 9

Sana might be my favorite character this season. There are probably better characters, but in terms of the one I unequivocally adore the most, Sana wins by a landslide.

Haikyu!!-Episodes 12 and 13

Alright, I'm at the halfway point of Haikyu!!, and as I said in an post, I wanted to compare my thoughts to Yuri on Ice, to determine if my issues with that series were sports-centric or not. If I'm honest, even I'm surprised at the result, but I am enjoying Haikyu so much that I can certainly write off the counter argument I've had thrown at me in the past of 'sports shows just not being for me' when criticising Yuri on Ice. To be fair to YOI, I think that Volleyball just lends itself better to being in an anime due it being generally more action orientated and high energy. As I've made abundantly clear in the past, a lot of the issues I had with YOI came down to the abysmally repetitive nature of the ice skating, and Haikyu avoids this by constantly changing up the angles and creating a sense of energy by using quick cuts. It would've been easy to make volleyball look as boring as ice skating looked in Yuri on Ice, so by that same metric I see no reason why Yuri on Ice couldn't have used similar techniques in order to make the tedious skating sequences more engaging for an audience with no vested interest in the sport. I did only want to compare the sports aspects of both anime, but I can't help but acknowledge how big a role investment in characters plays in said sports sequences. I was very cold on both Yuri and Victor from the go, but Haikyu has a cast of characters that I genuinely love, and the dynamics between the teammates in the game add to my enjoyment too. The weak link as far as Haikyu is concerned is Tsukishima, as he just seems like a dick with no real depth as of yet, comparable to Russian Yuri, but I'll give both series the benefit of the doubt and assume they'll fix this later.

This was a bit rambly and perhaps a little shoddily written, but I am rather happy to report that yes, I can in fact like sports shows. There is an argument to be made about if I just don't like non-shounen sports shows or not, but that's a bridge to cross another time, me thinks.

Cat planet Cuties episodes 1-12/OVA (Complete. This was surprisingly very decent, far better than I was expecting. The plot isn't anything spectacular but it manages to be enjoyable, (especially episode 9 which expands the lore of the robots that help out). CPC combines fan service with some solid action and likeable characters.) 3.5/5
Favourite scene:
The Captain Future ending theme cover, it sent chills up my spine.

Not an anime but...
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Film)

(Going to watch the series for the first time since it's just returned, starting with the film, The Missing Pieces, then the pilot, and the two seasons before watching the third one as it airs)

Last edited:
Yesterday, I finally sat down and watched some of the anime films that were starting to collect dust on my shelves.

Patema Inverted - Really liked it, a fun and engaging story from start to finish. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. :)

PSYCHO-PASS Movie - Was thematically quite different from the first and second seasons. I sort of liked it, but at the end it felt like it just didn't amount to anything.

Project Itoh: The Empire of Corpses - What a mess. A kitchen sink of locations and characters with terrible pacing. While the concept was quite nice and there were some nice scenes, it just left me quite confused.

Project Itoh: <harmony/>
- This movie sort of almost made sense, but there were a few things I didn't quite get:
Okay, so in the story the middle part of the brain which processes all the various inputs and is tightly coupled with the reward system, is where a persons free will is located. With Harmony this part becomes inactive/disabled(?) and one loses "consciousness" in the sense that they don't feel pain and only act rationally.
  • Where on earth do these axioms come from which makes the people act rationally? I get that sensory input including pain will no longer be "consciously" registered by the person, but there are still plenty of inputs left upon which one should decide and act (hunger, thirst, sleepiness, etc...).
  • Miach effectively already has something similar to Harmony active due to her genetics, hence her rationality. A separate part of her brain took over the role of the middle part, essentially giving her free will. But wouldn't this make her immune to the actual Harmony?
I liked the ending, but killing Miach to "always stay the way she was" is sort of pointless if she wouldn't change by the activation of Harmony. On the other hand it was quite clear that she would also be affected, which I simply don't get.:confused:

Prison School-Episodes 1 and 2

I'll certainly have some words to say about this I think. It's a rarity that I actually make notes!

Haikyu!!-Episodes 14 and 15

Excited to finally get to the tournament part of the series.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS - Episode 39

The end of the Sunsa (and best) arc of VOTOMS.

Mozaika - Episodes 1 -4 [Final]

Re-watched ahead of a review on the podcast.

Back