Your viewing journal

Tuxedo Mask can date whoever he damn well pleases. He is the perfect guy. You're just jealous he didn't choose you.

I'm hesitant to do this and break the illusion, but he's a fictional character, he can't date anyone. This does also mean he can date everyone, there's more than enough of him to go round. No need to be so possessive ;)

Also, to keep anime tradition up -- Your husbando sucks! :p

Sailor Moon-Episodes 24-26

Granted, I imagine Japanese culture is waaaaaay different, and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it, but how was the reaction to this in the West? That it's totally okay for college age guys to chat up and date 14 year old girls? I'm surprised it wasn't cut to ribbons, although perhaps I'm overestimating the sensitivity of the Americans.

It's a fantasy first and foremost - and I think most people watching know this, even at that age. The fact is, society (both eastern and western) tends to have a stereotype where boys in their early teens are immature and less cool, while older boys are much more mysterious and sexy - I remember back in high school there was a definite status thing about girls who snagged a guy from the nearby all-male sixth form college rather than someone their own age. In fact, basically every girl I knew at that time had crushes on teachers, pop singers and the like rather than on the gangly guys their own age who were still trying to come to terms with the onset of puberty. It's true that in Sailor Moon, this stuff is tolerated or reciprocated but that's where the fantasy begins; most shoujo manga (and indeed, novels aimed at the female audience in general) are much the same. There has been comment before that shoujo manga's liberal attitudes towards sex and relationships might be damaging. I personally think it's unlikely to be true. It's no worse than what girls of the age are talking about (and doing) with or without its influence.

R

Enjoyed the series, Kyon is one of the best leads I've seen in an anime series, a relatable voice of reason who manages to deal with the strangest of scenarios. He balances out with Haruhi, who is a combination of eccentricity and childish abusiveness, and seeing him almost wallop Her after being patient and putting up with her **** for so long was very satisfying.
Yay for Kyon! (Okay, I admit I may be a little biased.) Also, you know, Haruhi is somehow the only likeably annoying character I've ever encountered in anything.
Shes atleast not my most hated character of the show. Masao gets that title.
Yeah, death to Masao. Oh, wait...
Too late. :p

I'm all caught up on the following:

Shingeki No Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Sooo good, surpassing the first season. Favorite of the airing season as of today.
Attack On Titan: Season 2 - I cannot express how pumped I am for the next episode.
My Hero Academia: Season 2 - Fantastic, Love a good tournament arc.
Anonymous Noise - Not sure on this one yet, may grow on me.
Eccentric Family: Season 2 - Second to Bahamut, absolutely grand as expected.
Sakura Quest: No complaints here, just what I wanted.
Danmachi Spin off - What are A-1 pictures doing with the source material? For a show that's meant to focus on Ais, we're not getting much. The content is there in readable material, they're just not using it :|
Clockwork Planet - I just couldn't anymore. Dropped. Will likely read the Manga/LN as I've heard good things about that..

Non-Airing
Parasyte - Only 3 episodes to go. Enjoying :)
Chaika - Nothing ground breaking, it's alright. Finished episode 6 last night
Snafu Season 1 - Up to episode 4. I like ... alot.
Mobile Suit Gundam - Up to Episode 31. It feels odd watching this after reading the Origins manga. Tis enjoyable tho even with my disdain for Amuro.

Last edited:
Decided it was time to open my Viz BD Death Note set, watched 1-8 and really enjoying the re-watch in HD.

Viz really cheaped out overall though. Specifically that there's 4 sets of subs so they can sell in 4 different languages but no signs only tracks. Somewhat important in a show with a lot of text onscreen o_O

The disappearance of Nagato Yuki Chan episodes 1-16 (complete)
I'm didnt this series as much as TMOHS. It Felt a little too rom-com and poor Kyon gets less of his witty personality unless he's around Haruhi, and the whole "tell him I like him-don't tell him I like him" formula has been done to death. It's cute and pleasant, but I can't say it's anything special, and I found myself skimming through most of the first half of the series. (I note that they do make reference to this once or twice)

However when they threw in the curveball with
Nagato's real-world self pseudo returning and temporarily causing a personality change/rewrite
the storyline became more interesting. The ending didn't feel nearly as satisfying as it could have been, but it was sweet. Overall it was decent, but nothing special to me, perhaps an eventual rewatch might change my opinion 3/5

The melancholy of Haruhi-Chan Suzumiya & Nyoron! Churuya-San
episodes 1-25/1-13
This is funny stuff, I like short-style comedy so this is right up my alley. "Get rid of those cheesy outfits, you're making Mikuru cry!"
Overall these were fun and quirky, and I'd check them out again 4/5

Last edited:
Owarimonogatari-Episodes 10-12 (Rewatch) (Complete)

Review for Shinobu Mail will be up in the coming days!

Sailor Moon-Episodes 27 and 28

Wait. Wait, wait wait. The rainbow crystals were described as being 'scattered on Earth', yet (so far) every single one of them is not only in Japan, but in the specific area where not one but five Sailor Guardians are at. What are the chances?!

March Comes in Like a Lion ep1-2

In my mind, this was going to be dryly fixated on the shogi itself, the way Akagi is to mahjong, but this was a much livelier experience than I expected. Seems like a keeper.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Pailsen Files - Episodes 8 - 12 [Final]

I really enjoyed Pailsen Files, much more so this second watch.

One Punch Man (dub/rewatch) episodes 1-10/OVAs 1-3

Boruto: Naruto next generations episode 5

Last edited:
God, I love those. Haruhi-chan is genuinely one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and Churuya-san is just charming.

Think episode 12 of Haruhi-Chan (where they get suave outfits and Mikuru freaks out) and episode 5 of Churuya-San (where Kyon tells Ryoko she might be dying after she proclaims her stomach butterflies about him) are my favourites

Back