Your viewing journal

Think episode 12 of Haruhi-Chan (where they get suave outfits and Mikuru freaks out) and episode 5 of Churuya-San (where Kyon tells Ryoko she might be dying after she proclaims her stomach butterflies about him) are my favourites
I also love that bit at the start of the last episode of Haruhi-chan where it's presented as the opening of a visual novel, and then later when Kyon asks Koizumi why he's been so quiet, Koizumi says "The opening said that there are 12 maidens you can persue, but it only showed 10. You don't suppose the other two are... MYSELF AND ARAKAWA!?!?!"

And then we actually get to see a bit of Nagato playing the "Arakawa route". "That's not a meeting: that's a traffic accident!"

I love it!

Angel's Egg (Blu-ray)

Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)

Re-watched both of these ahead of reviewing them on the next episode of the podcast.

One Punch Man (Dub/rewatch) episodes 11-12/OVAs 4-6 (Complete. This was a lot of fun to revisit, watching it dubbed for the first time was fun as well, Viz really nailed the casting, Max Mittleman as Saitama was perfect. I look forward to season 2) 4.5/5

Tokyo Ravens
episodes 1-6 This whole "misunderstanding" shtick that keeps on popping up for laughs is something that's always pissed me off in comedy, it's rarely done well IMO. Asides from that the series is decent

Also watched Top of the Pops like I do every Thursday and Friday, revisiting my favourite decade of music is always an experience, for better or worse. This week had Depeche Mode's Love in Itself which is a great single of theirs.

Last edited:
My Hero Academia - Episode 18 - It's getting better, thank God.

Attack on Titan - Episode 30 - Good stuff again.

The Case of Hana and Alice - I was in the mood for as movie again and this one took my fancy, I bought the CE so I should probably watch it, right? I really liked this, couldn't tell you why. I mean it wasn't anything like how I imagined it would be (I actually thought it would be somekind of crime drama tbh....lol), for starters I didn't expect it to make me laugh. It's a simple story but I think it's worth watching as it's really charming in it's own way, as are both Hana and Alice actually. I know the artstyle/technique/whatever isn't for everyone but I liked it well enough, I mean yes it looked pretty clumsy at times but sometimes it looks wonderful too. The sound was a bit odd at first, I assume that it sounds that way intentionally though. In fact the only complaint I have is that Fukos voice went right through me lol luckily she's just a side character so isn't around much.

Last edited:
Tokyo Ravens episodes 11-13

Berserk 2017 episode 18

Also watched two films, Dario Argento's Inferno and A fistful of Dollars, as well as episode 12 of Riverdale

The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance eps 4-8 (Complete)

Shame this season only got 8 episodes, I could easily have watched another 2 cour season :(

Log Horizon - Episodes 1-4 - So while I enjoyed this well enough, I'm not convinced I'd manage to stick to it for 25 episodes, no matter how adorable/badass Akatsuki is. It also has a gentleman catman that dual wields rapiers, so there's that. :p So yeah, I like it, like the characters I've met thus far but still undecided if I'll carry on with it.

Log Horizon - Episodes 1-4 - So while I enjoyed this well enough, I'm not convinced I'd manage to stick to it for 25 episodes, no matter how adorable/badass Akatsuki is. It also has a gentleman catman who dual wields rapiers, so there's that. :p Undecided if I'll carry on with it.

It honestly does get better, but its a tad slow to get to it.

Sailor Moon-Episodes 37-39

Man, Tuxedo Mask is like the worst villain ever.

"I'm your enemy"

"Then why did you save me?"

"Shut up though"

My Hero Academia Season 2-Episode 6

Attack on Titan Season 2-Episode 6

OH MY GOD

HOLY ****

I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW

Last edited:
Tokyo Ravens episodes 14-24 (Complete. Despite my hang up with the early episodes and their humour, as well as the generic high school hijinks. I found latter half to be decent, and I hope to see another season to continue the story. I'd recommend this to those why enjoy fantasy and action ) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia episode 19

Attack on Titan episode 31

Trigun episodes 1-2

Sailor Moon-Episodes 40-46 (Complete)

Well, I think I enjoyed this a bit more than I expected to. As I thought, the monster of the week formula wore quite thin, but it pulled through on the strength of it's incredibly likable cast of characters, as well as the over arching story. Despite being Monster of the Week, the formula changed several times throughout the series, to keep things just fresh enough to not be totally stale, which was very appreciated, but the highlights for me where still the times when they drop that in favour of doing something more unique, which were normally the more main plot centric episodes. Although I did find the age gaps a little odd, I also really loved the romance here too. It'd have been easy to have portrayed love in a very idealistic way, and in some ways they do, but stuff like Rei/Usagi/Mamoru triangle and the Minako backstory show that it doesn't always work out, which surpassed my expectations. Something else I really wasn't expecting was that ending. Having watched Madoka Magica well before any Magical Girl shows (Kind of a mistake, I know), I can now see where it might have gotten its inspiration for the incredible bittersweet finale. It wasn't as powerful or moving as Madoka to me personally, mostly by virtue of knowing there's many follow up series, so none of the status quo changes are permanent, but if I was watching or reading the manga as it released, this ending might have had me in bits.

Anyway, I doubt I'll be watching Sailor Moon R any time soon to prevent franchise fatigue, kinda like Bleach, but I am quite looking forward to it. My only hope is they change up the basic formula a bit, but I'm not exactly holding my breath on that one.

Last edited:
Attack on Titan - Episode 31 - Well, that just happened :p Okay so the actual identities didn't surprise me at all, I was actually kinda shocked to see people I know being surprised by it. That said the nonchalant manner it was revealed did surprise me, like he just comes out with it like it's no biggie lol I also felt kinda bad for Bertholdt in that scene, which all things considered I obviously shouldn't. Great episode though and I can't wait for the next, although I do wonder if Ymir and Krista (christa? I dunno) had more of a showing in the manga by this point or something.

My Hero Academia - Episode 19 - Damn, Todoroki had it rough...

Back