Your viewing journal

My hero Academia episode 17

Spice and Wolf episodes 4-25 (completed, enjoyed the laid back nature of the show, and both lead characters were enjoyable, though I'd say Lawrence gets a little unfairly treated from time to time. This is a series that could use another season, especially since there's more story to cover 4/5)

Last edited:
The Future Diary episodes 1-26 (completed, this was one twisted and dark series, but I'm a sucker for a messed up story with deplorable characters, and the ending was pretty effective. 4/5)

Last edited:
The Future Diary episodes 1-26 (completed, this was one twisted and dark series, but I'm a sucker for a messed up story with deplorable characters, and the ending was pretty effective. 4/5)
Have watched the OVA radial for the true ending?

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side episodes 2-3.
Attack On Titan season 2 episode 5 (30).

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episodes 1-28 (Complete, skipped endless eight III-VII since it was overkill and skimmed through some of the less essential episodes, need to watch the spin-off series next. Watched in the Blu Ray/chronological order)

Enjoyed the series, Kyon is one of the best leads I've seen in an anime series, a relatable voice of reason who manages to deal with the strangest of scenarios. He balances out with Haruhi, who is a combination of eccentricity and childish abusiveness, and seeing him almost wallop Her after being patient and putting up with her **** for so long was very satisfying.

A positive is that The series manages to keep Haruhi from becoming too spiteful by keeping her sporadic side likeable. However, she definitely grated on me at times- thankfully the other characters were all as likeable as Kyon, even poor Mikuru whose only purpose is to seemingly be Haruhi's punching bag. Some of the music was superb as well 4/5)

Last edited:
Alice and Zoroku-Episode 5

I wish I had the power to just will Snickers into existence like that. On a more serious note, I think this show does a pretty great job of balancing being both a heartwarming SoL show and a sci-fi action show whilst still feeling consistent. It's kinda weird, but I love it. Shame no one else seems to be watching it, well, at least as far as my social media is concerned.

Sailor Moon-Episodes 24-26

I can't help but feel the romance in Sailor Moon might be sending out potentially bad messages to the impressionable and young female demographic that (I think?) it's aiming for. It's not Usagi constantly fawning over Motoki that gets me, it's not too uncommon I suppose, but when we see Nephite reciprocating her feelings or Tuxedo Mask kissing Usagi, it's just rather uncomfortable, and seems to imply this kind of thing is normal. Granted, I imagine Japanese culture is waaaaaay different, and I'm not going to pretend to know anything about it, but how was the reaction to this in the West? That it's totally okay for college age guys to chat up and date 14 year old girls? I'm surprised it wasn't cut to ribbons, although perhaps I'm overestimating the sensitivity of the Americans.

On a lighter note, I really like what I've seen of Makoto so far, even though she's only been in two episodes I've seen. I always love seeing a new Sailor join the group, and how the group dynamic the show revolves around continues to grow.

Owarimonogatari-Episodes 7-9 (Rewatch)

Given Part 2 of Owarimonogatari is releasing (or has released, if you bought via Anime-on-Line) in the UK, I'm rewatching for review purposes.

Back