Your viewing journal

Buzz201

Mad Scientist
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU! - Episode 01

Following the recommendation of some people on AUKN's Discord, and following its mixed reaction, I gave SNAFU a try. I enjoyed it, but it has issues. It seems to understand its characters, especially Hachiman, on an intense, highly detailed level, yet veers intermittently between being far too subtle for it's own good and far too in your face for it's own good. The opening monologue contains some incredibly subtle details that I feel like will only be picked up on by those who relate specifically to Hachiman. Yet the cooking monologue from Yukino later on in the episode has all the subtlety of being bricked in the face. If you're picking up on these subtle relatable details in Hachiman, the show is highly relatable, however if you aren't, I can only imagine how painful the series must be. Much of the dialogue has this weird artificial quality, that if you can't relate to, probably makes the characters seem unlikable and insufferable, and there is a presumption you will relate specifically to each and all of Hachiman's previous romantic humiliations, even though most of the audience won't.

The first episode is a promising start, but provides potential for it to either way, especially if it pushes it's reliance on the audience relating to Hachiman too far, as it seems it might.

Gemsy-chan

The Wildcard
Ep 24 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season...I'm glad Gaelio survived the fight between him and McGillis. I hope Julieta dies in the last episode as she annoys the heck out of me but i bet she won't.
Ep 12 of Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season...really a month's wait until the last episode. They better make it amazing.

MrLaserSharkKH

Stand User
Interviews with Monster Girls, Episode 12 [Complete]

Piacevole, Episode 11

Gakuen Handsome
, Episodes 9 - 12 [Complete]

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Episode 11

Nyanko Days, Episode 12 [Complete]

Trinity Seven, Episodes 4 - 7

ShipTeaser

Dandy Guy, in Space
Started GATE and quite liking it so far. 3 episodes in and I enjoy the premise and the characters i've met.

A lot of people dislike it for reasons that quickly become obvious but I myself love it heh.

Anyway finished Key the metal idol and have to say... mixed bag. First thirteen episodes boredom fierce. The two feature length ones were decent enough but still didn't really grab me.

Oh and I've never heard so many ways to pronounce Sakura in the dub, all of them dreadful...

britguy

Za Warudo
A lot of people dislike it for reasons that quickly become obvious but I myself love it heh.

Anyway finished Key the metal idol and have to say... mixed bag. First thirteen episodes boredom fierce. The two feature length ones were decent enough but still didn't really grab me.

Oh and I've never heard so many ways to pronounce Sakura in the dub, all of them dreadful...

Very curious what you're on about, spoiler it for me and i'll come back in a few episodes time to see if i've noticed it :p

ShipTeaser

Dandy Guy, in Space
Ok well
people tend to hate the japanese army love, and also expected gritty realism rather than harem style antics.

Personally i find the blend right but considering i wasnt sold on Key i daresay peopke would say i have terrible taste

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
I've been working through my anime collection and recently finished the following animes
Love Chunibyo Heart Throb (very enjoyable much like the first season)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
(well worth its legacy, preferred the ending to EoE too)
Noir (an interesting series but I feel a rewatch might be in order in the future for me to appreciate it more)
No Game No Life (very good, gorgeous animation and I liked the leads and am looking forward to the second season!)
Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt (Fun and vulgar, love the ending theme)
Red Garden (Eh, didn't leave much of an impact on me, couldn't get into the characters at all)
Samurai Flamenco (Gets increasingly ridiculous as the plot progresses, but it's self awareness is great- watched this one on Netflix)
Seraph of the End (Had the Universal sets for ages, finally watched this and thoroughly enjoyed the series)
Shigurui Death Frenzy (Bizarre and bloody, need to watch this again since the dream-like atmosphere made it hard to follow- enjoyed it though)
The Heroic Legend of Arslan (One of my new favs, I love me some fantasy anime, hope Universal releases the third season)

Now I'm tackling:
Ranma 1/2- Episodes 93 to 108 (set 5 Discs 1 and 2) (A good show that suffers from repetitive storylines and unfortunately fails to make much character progression- but its fun and likeable and doesn't take itself or it's outlandish scenarios seriously)

Linkachu

Completely Average High School Student
Upon hearing how many episodes Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters was slated for, I finally decided to get caught up with it. Over the past few days I spent most of my spare time marathoning it and watched from episode 15 to 24. Certain aspects of the show still make me facepalm but at least it finally grew a plot!

Other shows that I've recently watched...

Scum's Wish - Episode 11
Fuuka - Episode 12
Pokémon XY&Z - Episodes 10-11
Tales of Zestiria the X - Episode 24
Little Witch Academia - Episode 12
Natsume's Book of Friends 4 - Episode 5

Last edited: