Your viewing journal

Bakemonogatari (complete)

Finally sat down, and over the course of the last couple of weeks watched through the entire thing. I will have to say it was an incredible weird anime with some of the best animation I've seen.

In the end even though Hanekawa is indeed cute, but I feel Mayoi provided the best character interactions with Araragi so atm she is best girl.
I always found Bake to be more experimental visually that later series. Some stuff works and other bits don't but its certainly unique. I need to rewatch at some point.

Shiki episodes 17-22 (Complete. Now that was an effective horror anime, with a nice gradual slow build and a gruesome bloody climax to boot. It plays out like an old-school horror, simplistic but effective, using its tropes without seeming tired, with the lead Doctor Toshio being the protagonist who discovers the truth behind the Shiki. I highly recommend this one and it's SAVE edition isn't too expensive and is region free 4.5/5)

So I can't play H episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Sailor Moon-Episodes 9-13

Okay, so I think I've finished the first arc of the series now, and I enjoyed the back end a lot more than the start. The introduction of both Rei and Ami really add a lot to the show and have good character dynamics that are entertaining to watch, especially Usagi and Rei. I do hope the change in villain is meaningful and that Jadeite's replacement isn't just going to do exactly the same as he did, otherwise replacing him is going to be redundant. Out of the three girls, my favourite so far is Rei. I really like her feistiness and how she doesn't put up with any of Usagi's crap. Oh, and she can shoot fire from her fingers.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Pailsen Files - Episodes 1 - 3

The CG Scopedogs are still pretty horrible, but I'm enjoying this more this time round so far.

Haven't seen all the OVAs to really say for sure, but I still feel like Roots of Ambition is the franchise's finest hour. The action in it is absolutely top notch.

I agree that it is possibly the franchise's finest hour, the improvement in the animation quality during the final battle really makes it stand out.

Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale (theatrical screening)

I really enjoyed this. I thought the action sequences were excellent, and I really felt Asuna and Kirito's plight, despite not having seen any of the series itself. I did know quite a bit about the characters and the setting already, but the film has a very useful short recap near the start, so I think even complete newcomers could enjoy it easily. Recommended.

Hinako Note-Episode 4

Aw, Hinako's singing was great. I'm really looking forward to seeing her overcome her fears!

Berserk-Episode 5

A lot of exposition here, but I enjoyed it. Next week certainly looks like it'll be a return to endless slaughter, so that's alright.

Sailor Moon-Episode 19

So I can't play H episodes 11-12 (Complete, this was an okay series with some decent elements and a lot of fanservice, but it was nothing special. More like background noise whilst I was doing work 3/5)

Berserk 2017 episode 17

Spice and Wolf episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor - Episodes 1-3
Despite being a 'generic LN adaptation', I thought it was quite enjoyable. All the clichés you'd expect are there, but it actually has a few things going for it. Also thought the directing and pacing was remarkably good. (Though, I have a slight feeling it will go down the drain in the coming episodes:confused:)

Back