Your viewing journal

Ai City - After seeing it on lists for years Anime World Orders latest podcast they reviewed it, I listened to it then saw it
Legend of Galactic Heroes - Movie 1 - Confirmed I want to see the rest
Legend of Galactic Heroes - Movie 2 - Even more so!
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Vol 01 - Dawn audio book of the first one of the 10 light novels its based on. Very good novel!
Legend of Galactic Heroes TV Series 01-03 - My journey of LOGH has begun!

Legend of Galactic Heroes - Movie 1 - Confirmed I want to see the rest
Legend of Galactic Heroes - Movie 2 - Even more so!
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Vol 01 - Dawn audio book of the first one of the 10 light novels its based on. Very good novel!
I'm eagerly awaiting how sentai will release it. I'm hoping they give it a nice CE release as I will definitely throw money at that.

It'll be interesting how they release it. In series box sets or in a big box of all 110 episodes. Also if it will be the remaster that has new animation mixed in with old which I was the version especially didn't get. BTW Bakashift on youtube dose a really good review of it (pity he burnt out, although the shear amount he was getting through it wasn't much of a surprise).

Also just seen Planetes 10-17, only 2 years since I saw 01-09.

I'm hoping for one big set that includes everything as they've licensed everything (series, movies etc). Or maybe having the series and movies as separate sets.

Poco's Udon World Episodes 1-3.

I actually got around to watching something from the new season, and I'm quite pleased with it so far. It still feels a little tough to say exactly what kind of show this is going to be, it has plenty of ground for some interesting drama but it's not clear how deeply the show will go into that territory. It does have a nice mixture of tones so far, there is plenty of pleasant and light-hearted content but there are also more thoughtful and melancholy moments to go along with that.

The supernatural element feels like it could go either way, I don't think it has added too much aside from a few moments of light-humour and one interesting dramatic scene that would have been undermined without the supernatural aspect. It feels like the supernatural stuff is really just to avoid having to deal with a more complicated way of bringing the characters together, which is probably a good enough reason. Still, I suspect it could end up disappointing if the supernatural aspects became too big a factor in future episodes unless they're handled especially well. At the end of the day, the main appeal of the show so far seems to be the stories of the characters and seeing them develop and interact so it'd be a shame to distract from that without good reason.

I wouldn't say the show starts as well as it could have but it does seem to be gradually improving and it seems to benefit from spending time with it's wider cast. The episode that focussed on Souta's old friend, Shinobu, was particularly strong and made an interesting character out of someone who could easily be a bit of a joke (though he's still funny too).

On a related note, I'm fairly confident that I've already started misinterpreting things/reading too much into things. Shinobu is the type to make jokes out of things even when he's at least a bit serious and it did feel like he was trying a bit too hard to make jokes about missing Souta. His reactions to Souta talking about their relationship prospects were also interesting. I suspect I'm in for more disappointment on this one, I guess I only have myself to blame though.

Top Secret: The Revelation ep1-2

An oddball mystery series following a police unit investigating murders by scanning the brain of the victim to reveal the last thing they saw, I'd been mildly curious about this one for a while - it seemed to have (or have had) a minor cult following over at anime planet. From the premise, I'd expected something along the lines of Ghost in the Shell, but it actually feels much closer to Beautiful Bones; campier and more fantastical.

Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but it hasn't done anything particularly interesting with its premise so far, while its art is blocky and uninspiring. It does amuse me that the Holmes-esque 'handsome bishie' protagonist looks like no-one so much as Hillary Clinton, but I'll probably drop this.

I haven't watched much over the week aside from my society night events.

I did watch the first episode of Nanbaka though at one of the anime night events, I feel the jokes will get old but it's good overall. I don't know how they will keep this series going.

Planetes 18-26 That was a very enjoyable series. Cant believe I've had it on dvd for about 10 years and it took me this long to see it.

Phantom Requiem for Phantom - Complete. Pretty depressing series with no real pay off for the viewer. It's not as dark as it would have you believe but it takes itself very seriously. Enjoyable series but not one I'd be willing to watch again.

Flip Flappers-Episode 4

A bit more of a relaxed episode, but it helped build up the friendship between Papika and Kokona and had a few cute moments.

Keijo!-Episode 4

More than made up for the lack of actual Keijo last week with 3 really good matches. Looking forward to seeing Nozomi's next week.

Drifters-Episode 4

Wasn't too hot on this one. The comedy still feels kind of jarring and out of place, and the story is getting mildly confusing to me. I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be rooting for the humans in this conflict, yet the humans are the ones attacking this village of innocent elves? Adding to that, the Octoberist girl with the glasses seems to have no objections despite wanting to recruit the Drifters to help the humans? I don't know if I missed something, or maybe if something will be explained later, but it's coming off as a bit messy.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 31

Bit of a weird one this week, with the multiple stories and all. I might have prefered a bit more of an equal split between the stories as it was a bit odd how they kept cutting to Rohan and Koichi for short amounts of time.

Bleach-Episode 292-194

After finally getting the Series 14 box set, I thought I might as well jump straight back in. Really quite like that new OP. Since around Season 9, I feel the quality of the OPs went down the toilet a bit, barring OP9, but this new OP (OP13 for those keeping track) is actually pretty great.

Last edited:
Drifters ep4

One of these days, I'm going to properly read up on the warring states and Oda Nobunaga, then I might actually get half the jokes in this show. At least I know a hopping vampire when I see one.

I don't know if I missed something, or maybe if something will be explained later, but it's coming off as a bit messy.

It does become clearer as it goes on - the rate of adaptation probably didn't help this episode, but the hint was Olminu's comment that '40 years ago, the Orte Empire would have been their ally'.

Last edited:
Bleach-Episodes 195-203

Oh, so that's how they're going to stretch this fight into a whole season, pointless flashbacks to old seasons. Brilliant. Oh and also FILLER
FdBtFGW.png

570n3F0.png

Last edited:
Active Raid 2nd - Episodes 8 - 12 [Final]

Much better than the first series but still only average at best.

Yuri!!! On Ice - Episode 4

I'm really enjoying this.

Moonlight Mile - Episodes 1 & 2

Ai City - After seeing it on lists for years Anime World Orders latest podcast they reviewed it, I listened to it then saw it

I started watching this about 4 years ago, I loved the first series and started watching the second series about 6 months later but found that it started to get very repetitive halfway through and I ended up not really enjoying watching it and I have since struggled to motivate myself to start the third series!

Back