Your viewing journal

In that both were released in the US by Media Blasters otherwise no.

Ah My Goddess- College guy gets 3x Goddesses plus Valkyries and demons

Ah my Buddha- Teenage monk gets super purification powers when aroused by frequent cleavage flashes.

It's also probably worth noting that Ah My Buddha (as it's known) doesn't actually contain much fanservice so it doesn't even have that going for it. It's basically a fairly average old school harem comedy. To be fair, it's probably below average but it does have the occasional decent moment and I watched it a long time ago so being newer to anime probably glossed over many issues.

To Love Ru Darkness Second a point perfect adaption of the manga and top quality. 10/10 would (and will) watch again.

Truly it and DXD are the king and queen of ecchi harem anime. Both need harem ending too

Izetta: The Last Witch ep 4. I can only echo what has already been said. I want to like this, I should really like this, but it seems determined to be as generically 'anime' as it can when it could be so much more.

The Great Passage
ep 2. I was concerned that the viewer would need a decent knowledge of Japanese to get anything from this, but so far the concepts are fairly universal for any language. Could be something special.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage-Episodes 3-8

Really loved that second arc with the money forger, in terms of pure action, that was probably the best yet. Not too fussed on this current arc in Japan though, not a whole lot of action and the story isn't great either.

Little Witch Academia

A fun and charming short, with some brilliant animation. Quite enjoyable, I can see why they're making a TV show out of it, I think there's quite a lot of potential here.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage-Episodes 3-8

Really loved that second arc with the money forger, in terms of pure action, that was probably the best yet. Not too fussed on this current arc in Japan though, not a whole lot of action and the story isn't great either.

I had much the same experience with the second season of Black Lagoon - Greenback Jane was great, but that Yakuza arc dragged really badly.

those first few episodes of the Second Barrage are some of the darkest I've seen in anime. I agree also with the Japan arc its too long and the weakest of the series.

Classicaloid ep 3. The thought of Chopin being a hikkikomori made me chuckle slightly, but otherwise I'm still not really feeling this show.

Kiss Him, Not Me ep 3. The central joke is starting to wear a bit thin now, it needs to change things up a little to keep it interesting. Still plenty to enjoy in this episode though.

The Vision of Escaflowne episodes 1-4 - wow, I already love this show. I hope it carries on like this throughout the rest of the series. I have been told it does pick up after the first 14 episodes as well so I am looking forward to that!

Diamond is Unbreakable ep30

Scary to think we're closing in on the end now, although I suppose nine episodes is still quite a ways to go.

Occult;Nine ep1

Seems like I may have enjoyed this more than a lot of other people did. I can get that the sheer pace of the narrative combined with the shifting viewpoints is a lot to take in, but I found its sheer hyperactivity quite amusing. I also like the subtly worn-in look of the artwork; it seems like another possible answer to making digital animation look more traditonal cel work.

Ep 16 of Days
Ep 4 of Touken Ranbu:Hanamaru
Ep 3 of Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou vs Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Ep 4 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season
Ep 3 of Drifters

Scorching Ping Pong Girls-Episode 4

Should be fun to see Agari and Tsumujikaze face off against the captain next week. I do hope it gets to the tournament bit soon.

Psycho Pass The Movie

Review coming soon!

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

I do think this last arc picked up towards the end (That bowling alley fight was awesome) it was just too long for it's own good. I'd rather have had it be half the length then have another arc to cap off the series. Oh well, still a brilliant follow up, barring the last arc, it was definitely just as good, if not better than the first series. I just hope Roberta's Blood Trail can end the series on a higher note than that Japan arc.

Drifters ep 3. I have no idea who most of the Japanese historical figures are, but it's great fun all the same.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
s2 ep 4. These guys are a bit too ruthless imo.

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail-Episodes 1-5 (Complete)

I do think this was better than the Japan arc from The Second Barrage, but I can't help but feel it suffered from a similar problem in that it just felt too long. If you trimmed the fat and simplified it a bit, you could have easily told this story in 3 episodes, I think. For example, episode 2 mostly consisted of Rock going around getting info on Roberta, which didn't need to be a whole episode. I also thought the stuff with the various Mafia famlies getting involved got too much screen time and could have been whittled down. Still, this arc still had it's moments, the showdown with Robetera in Roanapur and the Jungle were both excellent.

Sound! Euphonium Season 2-Episode 4

Yet another great episode. I do wonder what the focus of the show will be now seeing as I'm pretty sure the whole Nozomi thing is just about resolved now.

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu Kara. 2nd Season-Episode 4

Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade

Even better than the first one, absolutely adored this! I liked how it expanded the world a bit as well as giving a little bit more depth to it's characters, not to mention using the longer running time to provide a better story than the first time around. The animation was gorgeous as I expected and I loved how the finale just went full Gurren Lagann at the end for a bit. I honestly think I could recommend both of these shorts to anyone, it has just such a fun spirit that I think the appeal is nigh on universal. I'd definitely like a UK release of both of these at some point.

Last edited:
Back