Your viewing journal

The Slayers eps 1-6

I got the first season from a member on here awhile ago quite cheap to see if it'd like it or not, as there's 5 seasons, movies and ovas i didn't want to blind buy it all and then not like it but so far i'm really digging it. Some of this series is quite funny, for example Noonsa a half fish half human monster was burned and killed in episode 5 and fished out of the river by his comrades in episode 6 after which they swear vengeance for his death and then eat him straight after :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tokyo Ghoul-Episodes 7-9

To my surprise, this show actually really made me feel for one of its characters, Hinami. I think her complete innocence in a world full of death and murder really seals the deal, I genuinely really feel bad for her.

The Garden of Sinners Chapter 7: Murder Speculation Part B

I really wish they had the balls to actually kill Mikiya off.

New Game!-Episode 1

If you're looking for a moe comedy this season, look no further.

Managed to make a massive dent in my backlog with my CR Pass, managing to complete everything from the previous season that I intended on finishing that's not currently ongoing. Watched a couple of other things too!

In Order of Completion:

Pan de Peace!: Episodes 10-13

Kagewani -II-: Episodes 10-13
Even in it's continuation, I still am not 100% sure of my overall opinion of the series, the series throughout continued to walk on a tight rope, there were a few episodes this season that were really good edge of your seat stuff, but there are portions of the series which had me reducing episodes to second screen experience owing to the tedious nature of those episodes,
SHIROBAKO: Episode 24 [Rewatch]
Coming from the guy who was the first poster to put it in there 9x9 Anime Square, SHIROBAKO IS STILL FANTATSTIC! Even coming off a rewatch in short order from watching it the first time late last year it managed to tick all the right boxes again for me, heart-warming, touching, funny and intelligent! Also going back and realising who each person was modeled off made for a fun side quest!
Usakame: Episodes 9-12
Poor Lasses had tough tennis shoes to fill, but I suppose many a show would struggle if it were in the same bracket as Teekyu, even the characters from Teekyu never could quite pull this show above it's level whenever they did appear. I do appreciate though that this series never really tried to completely ape the Teekyu presentation as it contained more heartfelt moments in the series for example, as well as having a more refined cast though if I can't really remember there names. Also really like the artstyle for the series, it's watercolour style really has a nice texture to it.
Crane Game Girls: Episodes 9-13

Space Patrol Luluco: Episodes 10-13

Locodol OVA: Episode 2
I had completely forgot about the release date for the second episode, so as soon as I realised I chucked it straight on. I'm happy to return to this universe because I really enjoy spending time with these characters and the hijinks they get up to as well as the setting and after watching this episode I actually came to the realisation that I think I enjoy my time with these characters than I probably do some of the other idol series I've given higher scores to and probably shouted about more. Really do wish for an announcement of more Locodol at some point to see that continuing special relationship between Yukari and Nanako develop, might start watching it from the beginning again too.
Tonkatsu DJ Agetaro: Episodes 9-12
[spoilerbutton]
CijBjjJUkAIFkyA.jpg

Thoughts in the Rating Section![/spoilerbutton]

After binging double figures amounts of episodes over the weekend, I have now watched up to episode 23 of The Future Diary. A really interesting show, and one that I have thoroughly enjoyed, even if it's all a bit ludicrous!

britguy said:
After binging double figures amounts of episodes over the weekend, I have now watched up to episode 23 of The Future Diary. A really interesting show, and one that I have thoroughly enjoyed, even if it's all a bit ludicrous!

have you watched Redial? It kind of finishes the show properly

Tokyo Ghoul-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

I didn't see anything wrong with the ending ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Garden of Sinners Chapter 8: Epilogue

30 minutes of pretentious dialogue I couldn't give a solitary toss about. At least it looked pretty...

Anyway, that's me done with The Garden of Sinners, since I refuse to pay AoA prices for Recalled Out To Summer. The verdict? Great, but overrated. The quality was all over the map, with some films being amazing and some being just pretty good and a couple in there being actually pretty mediocre, bordering on poor. I kind of feel like it's another ufotable show that falls victim to the hype and ended up being disappointing. If I had to rate the series, from best to worst:

1. Chapter 5: Paradox Paradigm
2. Chapter 7: Murder Speculation Part B
3. Chapter 3: Remaining Sense of Pain
4. Chapter 4: The Hollow Shrine
5. Chapter 2: Murder Speculation Part A
6. Chapter 1: Overlooking View
7. Chapter 6: Oblivion Recording
8. Chapter 8: Epilogue

Hidamari Sketch x 365-Episode 9

Hoorah, the Yoshinoya episode I always wanted. Well, it was half an episode, but I'll take it!

crashmatt said:
britguy said:

have you watched Redial? It kind of finishes the show properly

No, because I have 3 episodes of the main show left, will get to it though!

ReLife Episodes 7-13.

I really enjoyed this show in the end, I could see it being a contender for anime of the season.

I've added some thoughts in the rating thread.

I previously mentioned that I wasn't quite sure how the show would handle it's ending, it turns out that the story doesn't completely finish with the final episode so that'll remain an open question. That said, though the story isn't completely finished I did think the end of the show was fairly well handled and still quite effective and satisfying. I hope there'll be a second season though, it'd be a shame if we didn't get to see the continuation of the story (and ultimately the end of it).

IncendiaryLemon said:
New Game!-Episode 1

If you're looking for a moe comedy this season, look no further.
I was looking for a moe comedy, thank you.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Really do wish for an announcement of more Locodol at some point to see that continuing special relationship between Yukari and Nanako develop
That would be really nice, Locodol may not be one of the greatest shows ever but it feels dependably enjoyable and would maybe surprise people by being a little better than they might have expected. I suppose it's a bit like it's main characters, in a way.

Back